myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the GOP IS the root of all evil...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 219, 220, 221 ... 250, 251, 252  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
I need some help.
Who was it that said “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun"?
I just can't remember. Rolling Eyes

I destroy right wing lies with my laser guided precise dyslexic words.

nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Clint Wayne, it wasn't you.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
I just have a hard time understanding why someone who took deferments, or some other method, to let their classmates die doing a their patriotic duty can wave the flag in my face......etc, etc.

The air must be even thinner up on that high horse. I assume you served in Vietnam and thus feel strongly on the topic and, if so, thank you for your service. However, excoriating the decisions of scared teenagers trying to avoid an unpopular war, and questioning their patriotism 40 plus years later is strange, even for you. Even stranger is your willingness, once again, to jump to the defense of your friend in Berkeley, despite his unacceptable behavior. He must have pictures.

No. I didn't serve in the Vietnam War and I probably would have taken deferments if I was older and drafted. But, I was a poor kid, so I might have had to go. That's beside the point.

I'm only pointing out NW's hypocracy. He is always keen on military action. He likes to toss around phrases that include "pink hats" and "snowflakes". Yet, I find little evidence that he is braver, or more manly, or, quite frankly, more patriotic than those he diminishes with these names. He has called me a snowflake and having a pink ideology...whatever the hell,that is.

These are ways that the right uses to minimize the opinions of those of us who stand up for those in our society that do need the protection. Make us appear feminine, or cowardly, or weak. Many of us are far from that. Many of us will wave a flag because we are proud of this country and not because it makes us look like we're strong or brave.

Mrgybe, I am not standing up for Mac. This has nothing to do with the adolescent bickering the two of you seem to enjoy.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll leave you to figure out the irony in your post.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
I'll leave you to figure out the irony in your post.

To accomplish that, I would need to review my posts, cut and paste, and quote myself out of context...you know the methods.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gybe is one righteous, upstanding, principled, moral, high minded, blameless, irreproachable, saintly, pure angel from heaven. Incomparable to no one. He is unrivaled, supreme, unmatched. A one in a million guy. People like him.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must mean self-righteous. I am still waiting for just one posting from a conservative disagreeing with either a bigoted post, a bigoted comment by the POTUS, or right wing violence. Just one.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, mrgybe didn't erase his insult, he posted it on another thread.

Quote:
They just keep on relentlessly.............but have the vapors, and dab their powdered noses with little scented hankies in outrage, if anyone suggests that they are part of the problem. Clearly both have serious psychological problems.

When you can't name an occasion when you have condemned right wing violence--you call someone a little girl (powdered noses with little scented hankies.)

I repeat, gybe is a coward.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
No. I didn't serve in the Vietnam War and I probably would have taken deferments if I was older and drafted. But, I was a poor kid, so I might have had to go. That's beside the point.

I'm only pointing out NW's hypocracy. He is always keen on military action. He likes to toss around phrases that include "pink hats" and "snowflakes". Yet, I find little evidence that he is braver, or more manly, or, quite frankly, more patriotic than those he diminishes with these names. He has called me a snowflake and having a pink ideology...whatever the hell,that is.

These are ways that the right uses to minimize the opinions of those of us who stand up for those in our society that do need the protection. Make us appear feminine, or cowardly, or weak. Many of us are far from that. Many of us will wave a flag because we are proud of this country and not because it makes us look like we're strong or brave.

Dude, you are the person who started this little, and I mean little, discussion of yours, as pointed out by this quote below, which came out of nowhere.

coboardhead wrote:
nw30 wrote:
I'm really surprised that mac has threatened you with a broken nose, that would require him coming out of his "safe space", located in some secret place w/in the bowels of Berkeley. I hear it's supplied with blankets, plenty of hot chocolate, and stuffed animals, but no American flags.
Can't see it.

For some context here.

NW. Did you serve in the Vietnam War? If not, why not?

And you are now trying to make some weak point because I didn't, and still have a problem with, taking you seriously. Maybe it's because you have a way of asking questions in an accusatory fashion, it makes red flags go up, not a way to start a convo.

P.S. I'm not evil Shocked
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

P.S. I'm not evil Shocked

IQ31,,
Thanks for the laugh i almost lost my drink with that one...

Your so Dr evil I bet when you look in the mirror mini-you shows up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 219, 220, 221 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 220 of 252

Jump to: