myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the GOP IS the root of all evil...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 201, 202, 203 ... 250, 251, 252  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:
He resigned after he was found to have committed ethics violations and faced sanctions. Here's a rather unflattering take on him:

Quote:
BY BERRY CRAIG

Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-Kentucky)
The ancient Greeks considered “hubris” — excessive pride — a big-time sin. The Good Book warns us that “pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.”

Jim Pence, who runs the Hillbilly Report blog in Kentucky, says U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield, R-Ky., doesn’t really live where he says he does and might be guilty of voter fraud.

Whitfield’s district sprawls over conservative western Kentucky, where almost all of the media is Republican-friendly. Whitfield and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell especially enjoy good press in this neck of the Bluegrass State woods.

Pence hopes the national media will take a gander at his story and investigate Whitfield, who first got elected in 1994. “Congressman Ed Whitfield (R-KY): A Scandal Waiting for the Media To Pick It Up?” he headlined his latest post on the topic.

Berry Craig“Ed Whitfield is one of the most anti-union and pro-big business Republicans in Washington,” said Jeff Wiggins, a Steelworker and president of the Paducah-based Western Kentucky AFL-CIO Area Council. “He is a Mitch McConnell clone.”

Paducah is in Whitfield’s district. “Whitfield is an arrogant country club Republican, but he panders to the tea party,” said Wiggins, who is president of Steelworkers Local 9447 and sits on the Kentucky State AFL-CIO Executive Board.

You guys must love him. Maybe we should investigate his e-mails?

Trump is fighting against guys like this. Vote for change. Vote for Trump.

trump is one of those guys, in his career 3500 lawsuits he has been involved in, he has been paying off politicians on both sides his entire career.

Trump was just found guilty of illegal campaign contributions to a florida Attorney general who was bringing fraud charges against trump that she suddenly declined.

NJ gov let trump off of several million fines in not paying the taxes to NJ that were already collected by trump and trup then donates money to governor Christie's fund for the RNC. ya that was only 30 million in taxes collected by trump that Christie's forgave for pennies.

To build trump tower he used illegal workers he found at a different construction site and worked out a deal with them and underpaid them and then was fined a million dollars 30 or so years ago.

mac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW echoed Malibu Bard and claimed:

Quote:
mac doesn't understand that whole anti-establishment movement, it goes right over his head like a low flying sea gull with gastric distress.
I can think of a long list of old time GOP'ers, still in office (Mitch McC. being another one), that he can have.

For folks that don't show much appreciation for Hispanic culture, you are pretty deep into magical thinking. You have imbued Trump with all of your hopes and frustrations, no matter what the evidence. There is nothing in his career that indicates he values, or has every engaged in, community service. He seems to have cheated on his taxes, stiffed his contractors, stiffed the charities he supposedly raised funds for, and flouted the immigration laws for both love and money. Or whatever passes for love in a Trump world. Yet you think he will reform Washington--despite his support by Big Oil, ALEC, and (I guess you guys like this part) white supremacists.

Don't tell me I don;t understand anti-establishment--been there and done that. Pay attention to someone who pretends to be ant-establishment and dig a bit. As Liz Smith, who knows him well, said--Trump is a horses ass.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you don't, not the modern establishment.

Of course you've "been there done that", you went to freaking Berkeley during it's anti-establishment, anti-war heyday, it shows with almost every one of your posts, but that was then and this is now.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Well you don't, not the modern establishment.

Of course you've "been there done that", you went to freaking Berkeley during it's anti-establishment, anti-war heyday, it shows with almost every one of your posts, but that was then and this is now.

what I hear from trump is the story of his life, me me me me me. f others it is only me me me... let me see if I can screw anybody and everybody, me me me me

i don't care if I am hiring illegals it is all about me, I don't care if I am paying the illegals I don't know they are illegals 1/3 standard wages it is about me me me, I don't care if they want more or want to even be paid I will have them deported off my site/country, they can't threaten me, that why I hired them, its all about me me me.

I don't have to pay the painters the full amount, i don't care if they have a kid in college, they have to be making to much money to have a kid in college, sue me... its all about me me me.

I will donate money in the name of your favorite charity, ooops I never did donate the money its all about me me me.

I've got the best university just look at me me me. I will teach you what I know... I've hired all the teachers, ooops I forgot to even talk to one of them, its about the money money money I can get for me me me.

mac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very funny. NW can only manage a weak insult about rebellion, not any evidence about how Trump is a rebel. Magical thinking. Maybe magical mushrooms?
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BTW, Hillary is also neck deep in the old school DC establishment culture, a queen of it you could say, she embodies it as much if not more than those old school dems and repubs.
It's all about her and Bill, not the people, always has been.
Remember "the era of big government is over" ? What a lying joke.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
BTW, Hillary is also neck deep in the old school DC establishment culture, a queen of it you could say, she embodies it as much if not more than those old school dems and repubs.

Harry Truman quote

"An honest public servant can't become rich in politics"
mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

The difference could not be more remarkable. The Federal government, and foreign policy-making, is a huge enterprise that takes massive organizational skill and competence. Hillary has it, Donald does not. We have seen what happens when marginally competent President's like George Bush, or amateurs like the Tea Party take the reins. Trump has run the most incompetent election campaign in decades--it is character revealing.

Complaints about the role of money in politics are worth little without some deeper understanding of causes. We have, by design, a republic, not a direct democracy. It is a system intended to afford interests, corporate as well as popular, representation. It is true that both parties are unduly influenced by big donors. It is false that they are equal in their pandering to it.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:

The difference could not be more remarkable. The Federal government, and foreign policy-making, is a huge enterprise that takes massive organizational skill and competence. Hillary has it, Donald does not. We have seen what happens when marginally competent President's like George Bush, or amateurs like the Tea Party take the reins. Trump has run the most incompetent election campaign in decades--it is character revealing.

Complaints about the role of money in politics are worth little without some deeper understanding of causes. We have, by design, a republic, not a direct democracy. It is a system intended to afford interests, corporate as well as popular, representation. It is true that both parties are unduly influenced by big donors. It is false that they are equal in their pandering to it.

You conveniently left out another MARGINALLY COMPETENT, AMATEUR.

BHO, ARGUABLY THE LEAST QUALIFIED PRESIDENT THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN.

Last edited by mat-ty on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
BHO, ARGUBLY THE LEAST QUALIFIED PRESIDENT THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN.

Only "arguably"? Even Carter had some creds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 201, 202, 203 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 202 of 252

Jump to: