myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the GOP IS the root of all evil...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 250, 251, 252  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs, I hope you have many good days on that board. I sure have. I keep one on Maui for those light wind big surf days. The skinny short guys see me and laugh until I get going on my 105 and 6.2 at Hookipa.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder as to what the Republican's real issue is.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were looking at these facts while sporting a lot of melanin in your skin what would you suspect?
White rich candidate- accused of being out of touch.
Black candidate-accused of being a
nazi
communist,
racist,
muslim,
born in kenya
,travelled back in time to start obamaphone,
hundreds of evil mentors,
killed the ambassador...............
On and on nonstop.
But that would be silly there is no reason a black person sitting next to that Tshirt would suspect anything.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems how this thread went into this direction.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oct 14, 2:23 AM EDT
Do black people support Obama because he's black?

By JESSE WASHINGTON
AP National Writer

Surviving slavery, segregation and discrimination has forged a special pride in African-Americans. Now some are saying this hard-earned pride has become prejudice in the form of blind loyalty to President Barack Obama.

Are black people supporting Obama mainly because he's black? If race is just one factor in blacks' support of Obama, does that make them racist? Can blacks' support for Obama be compared with white voters who may favor his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, because he's white?

These questions have long animated conservatives who are frustrated by claims that white people who oppose Obama's policies are racist. This week, when a black actress who tweeted an endorsement of Romney was subjected to a stream of abuse from other African-Americans, the politics of racial accusation came full circle once again.

Stacey Dash, who also has Mexican heritage, is best known for the 1995 film "Clueless" and the recent cable-TV drama "Single Ladies." On Twitter, she was called "jigaboo," "traitor," "house nigger" and worse after posting, "Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future."

The theme of the insults: A black woman would have to be stupid, subservient or both to choose a white Republican over the first black president.

Russell Simmons, the hip-hop mogul and Obama backer, called Dash's experience "racism." Said Barbara Walters on "The View": "If she were white, this wouldn't have happened."

Twitter users are by no means representative of America, and many black Obama supporters quickly denounced the attacks. But for people like Art Gary, an information technology professional, the reason Dash was attacked is simple: She is a black woman supporting a white candidate over a black one.

"It goes both ways," said Gary, who is white. "There is racial bias amongst whites, and there is racial bias amongst blacks. But as far as the press is concerned, it only goes one way."

Antonio Luckett, a sales representative in Milwaukee who is black, called the attacks on Dash unfair. But when people speak out against a symbol of black progress like Obama, he said, "African-Americans tend to be internally hurt by that."

"We still have a civil rights (era) mentality, but we're not living in a civil rights-based world anymore," he said. "We want to say, `You're black, you need to stand behind black people.'"

Luckett said one reason he voted for Obama in the 2008 primary against Hillary Clinton was because Obama is black: "Yes, I will admit that."

Is that racism? Not in Luckett's mind. "It's voting for someone who would understand your side of the coin a lot better."

Such logic runs into trouble when applied to a white person voting for Romney because he understands whiteness better. Ron Christie, a black conservative who worked for former President George W. Bush, finds both sides of that coin unacceptable.

"It's not the vision that our leaders in the civil rights movement would have envisioned and be proud of in the era of the first African-American president," Christie said.

For the rest~
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_BLACK_FAVORITISM?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-10-13-14-08-26
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is thoughtful stuff. I rent to black people, some on assistance, some not.
One family has adopted white kids. Great family.
There seems to be more racism among black people than white people in America. There is a large group of white people like me who grew up in a white world and racism was something you saw on TV.
It seems that modern white racists don't have a very strong element of white on white racism like before against Italians, Polish, Irish, etc.
This is still prevalent among black racists. They have black people worked out in social strata so you can regard yourself as better than others.
Language is a factor. If you are talking black and can't do any better than Obamas lame effort, then you are upper class.
If you come from the country, carry a big boombox, and sound like Amos and Andy, then you are a target of black on black racism.
Darker skin counts against you but not as much as culture. On the other hand those with light skin are much more often sporting the "right culture".
You can see it in the mindset.
Black girls I have dated were constantly aware of the public perception of us everywhere we went as a black white couple.
I knew that small town Kansas folks were looking at us because she was a stunning black city girl. I was invisible.
I am not an expert, just noting the things I see and hear down in the neighborhoods.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windoggie, that's a funny photo, but could we see that guys face please? I bet no teeth, and big eyes that are a quarter inch apart. I doubt he's at a Romney rally, because he'd have his ass kicked by me and most others if we saw him there.

Let's have some videos of Sharpton and Farrakan, or Occupy, who have asked rape victims not to press charges. It comes from both sides my friend.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker, interesting observations. I don't necessarily agree with their natural conclusions, however.

Racism and xenophobia in all their lovely forms find roots in the very basic human makeup and our need for acceptance and self-identification. The "common enemy" approach works so well because it removes the humanity from one's opposition. I think even the most craven hate mongers spew their vile message in part because of a sense of low self worth, lack of success and a desire to make a difference without the power to do so.

This broad description does not address degrees of insanity or the existence of personality disorders. Nor am I addressing the concept of evil because that concept lends itself to circular arguments in a way similar to psychiatric claims made in court defenses. He murdered a family therefore must be insane/evil.

A woman I know who lived in Africa for much of here life observed yesterday that the present language and tone in the US reminds her of the environment in Rwanda just prior to the massacres. To her relief, at least Americans haven't yet ordered one hundred thousand machetes from China.

jp5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't get more blatant than this:

Koch brothers sent notice to employees, "vote for Romney or suffer the consequences".

And I thought this was the land of the free?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:
A woman I know who lived in Africa for much of here life observed yesterday that the present language and tone in the US reminds her of the environment in Rwanda just prior to the massacres. To her relief, at least Americans haven't yet ordered one hundred thousand machetes from China.

Dan, I agree with most of your post. However, this part cannot stand unchallenged. For your acquaintance to draw any parallels between the situation in Rwanda and the racial climate here is utterly ridiculous. She either doesn't understand this country and it's people, or the propensity for mob violence that is part of African life, particularly when spurred by centuries of tribal conflict. I was in Central Africa while the massacres were occurring. There is absolutely no comparison with contemporary US.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farrakhan is a class act, and BHO should be proud to have him in his corner.
While speaking to a crowd in Charlotte this last weekend....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He asked his listeners if they were disappointed in Obama’s performance, and hundreds of hands rose throughout the coliseum.
“Feels like your champion didn’t show up for the fight,” Farrakhan said. “If you lose the first round or two, you go to your corner. It’s called ‘adjustment time.’ Every good fighter knows how to make an adjustment. You don’t get lost.”
He said he thinks Obama and his advisers worried about the president appearing like “an angry black man.” The reasoning: “You can’t go out there and beat up on a white man. You’re going to lose the white vote.”
He then turned his comments back to the president.
“You aren’t going to win any more white votes by being kind and gracious,” he said. “Be a little black.”

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/10/15/171494/farrakhan-chides-obama-rips-gop.html#storylink=cpy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 161 of 252

Jump to: