myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the GOP IS the root of all evil...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 250, 251, 252  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
... If Obama is a no-show next week, then I think we are looking at Thurston and Doogie until Jan 2017.

Thurston Howell the 3rd?? LOLOL!! Boggs you are on today!
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved seeing Rep. Ryan lose the debate last night. Obviously mrgybe didn't feel the same, hence his petty rag on Vice President Biden. Biden just isn't Catholic enough to fit in with mrgybe's more righteous beliefs. Heaven forbid, a Catholic that doesn't attempt to dictate to others what they should do in their life.

One wonders whether mrgybe also holds some animosity against Ryan for backing away from his earlier adamant position on abortion to fit in with the Romney campaign.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swchandler
Old Joe did not win that debate last night, he only confirmed many peoples beliefs that we need term limits desperately. Joe did well an had his talking points down, and could have walked away helping his party. But unfortunately he lost any ground with his historically un-VP behavior. Ryan on the other hand was controlled , polite, confident, and respectful. He also showed he has solid knowledge of the facts and is worthy of the job.
The last two debate have been a big plus for the Romney team, not necessarlly because they won the debates on facts, figures, and talking points. Its because they have introduced themselves to the American people without all the noise and non sense of attack ads and attack cable TV. And I think many have liked what they see and hear. Romney is not a monster and Ryan looks up too the task. Thats my take

Last edited by mat-ty on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biden very clearly won the debate ... in the eyes of his base, who would vote for him if he were a child-molesting Penn State coach. OTOH, his arrogant, condescending, dismissal of Ryan as unworthy of respect sent women -- a weak demographic for Romney -- flocking to Romney/Ryan. It didn't help that Biden's Congressional voting record shows he clearly lied through his teeth when he said he voted against both wars; lying that blatantly leaves everything he said in the whole debate in doubt.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
... If Obama is a no-show next week, then I think we are looking at Thurston and Doogie until Jan 2017.

Boggs is funny! JP aren't you on the fence just a teeny bit? I sometimes think Boggs is, but he likes to give the right their daily helping of turds.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
jpbassking wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Boggs is funny! JP aren't you on the fence just a teeny bit? I sometimes think Boggs is, but he likes to give the right their daily helping of turds.

Steven, I was on the fence until Ryan showed up then I fell off and broke into several pieces.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, maybe you forgot that when it comes to the presidential and vice presidential positions, there are term limits. Regarding whether Rep. Ryan showed us vice presidential behavior and character, I guess we differ in that opinion. Ryan is a weasel I wouldn't trust for a second, especially when it's clear to me that he doesn't have the honesty and integrity to come clean on the important details of the campaign and platform he's running on. Moreover, I have no respect for anyone that pledged fealty to Grover Norquist.

Again, I'm very glad that Biden handily won the debate.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
JP aren't you on the fence just a teeny bit? I sometimes think Boggs is, but he likes to give the right their daily helping of turds.

Posting things as fact that one knows are false makes a person a liar. If done to provoke, that makes one a troll.

Just citing the dictionary, guys.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Posting things as fact that one knows are false makes a person a liar. If done to provoke, that makes one a troll. "

yeah, well you would know.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that time you increased your net worth fifty-fold by telling everyone that the technology you were investing in was going to save the world? No? Then your name must not be Al Gore. The Washington Post reports that by the time his final term as vice president was up, his reported net worth was a little under $2 million. These days it’s about $100 million. “Four years ago, his portfolio aligned smoothly with the agenda of an incoming administration,” writes Carol Leonnig. She continues:

Fourteen green-tech firms in which Gore invested received or directly benefited from more than $2.5 billion in loans, grants and tax breaks, part of President Obama’s historic push to seed a U.S. renewable-energy industry with public money.

Green energy, indeed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 159 of 252

Jump to: