myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the GOP IS the root of all evil...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 250, 251, 252  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I hope Obama wins, so his policies can at least be rejected by our childrens generation

the administration rejected and blamed free speech for these attacks and criticized Romney's analysis. Instead they blamed their failure (burning in 33 countries) to a 16 minute film clip by an ex-felon.

ps.Ambassador Rice: Libya Attack NOT Premeditated...
Libyan president: 'No doubt' consulate attack was 'preplanned' starting months ago...

Military analysts say the attack was far too complex and professional NOT to have been planned LONG before the video came out. The primary remaining doubts are how long and whom. Obama's solution was to send in the FBI ... but he promptly withdrew them when he realized it was dangerous.

Whaddaya wanna bet Hillary has a far bigger set of both cojones and brains than Obama?

Surely you jest about wanting BO to win. The damage he would do -- I'm willing to believe he considers it progress -- in four years unfettered by re-election, public opinion, or a Republican majority would take decades to reverse, if reversible at all, according to many prominent analysts who fear it could lead to the end of U.S. power and global hegemony and ultimately the free world. His own stated goals and tenets very seriously and clearly threaten exactly that if set in concrete by irreversible legislation. And, no, Congress can NOT reverse or significantly change any or all legislation.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Ambassador Rice: Libya Attack NOT Premeditated...

Did you see Chris Wallace's interview of her? I had to change channels or throw up after she quoted nearly verbatim whole segments of Obama's speeches under the guise these were her own statements. It's sick to realize that our Ambassador to the U.N. is 100% a puppet of this "president", with no evidence whatsoever of a mind of her own. She hasn't the spine or originality of Bolton's left earlobe.
feuser

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
...She hasn't the spine or originality of Bolton's left earlobe.

Whatever makes her different from Bolton is a Godsend.
That guy thinks we're still fighting the cold war...

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Whatever makes her different from Bolton is a Godsend.
That guy thinks we're still fighting the cold war..."

I have little doubt why isobars is enthralled by the likes of Bolton. isobars is kind of like a teenager that was on the top of the world in high school, and as a result, will never escape from that world. That's why isobars so fondly remembers back to his office jockey work in the US Air Force kicking ass on the USSR and talking about how he managed everyone and everything with a "no prisoners" style. Even is dialog now is about how it's appropriate for the US to anywhere in the world and throw our weight around. He's more than eager to see us bomb Iran or go ballistic on Russia or China. As we all know, I'm not exaggerating in what I'm saying. One only has to look backward to find it in his own words here. It's all a matter of history.
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:

I have little doubt why isobars is enthralled by the likes of Bolton. isobars is kind of like a teenager that was on the top of the world in high school, and as a result, will never escape from that world.

John Bolton is a world class neo-con braggart bully, nothing more.

Mikey will never, ever achieve world class anything, unless it's the south end of a north-bound self-important horse.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bard posted:
Quote:
ps.Ambassador Rice: Libya Attack NOT Premeditated...
Libyan president: 'No doubt' consulate attack was 'preplanned' starting months ago...

A caller on the Rush Limbaugh show suggested that all the liberal hype, especially at the convention about the "killing of Bin Laden" may have been the impetus that started all the attacks and demonstrations, with the movie trailer just fanning the flames.

Ambassador Rice is only trying to deflect toward a more benign (away from Obama) reason for the problems. What would piss you off most if you were a Muslim radical, the movie or the boasting about killing Bin Laden?

Just something to consider, which the liberal media would not.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard...Are you ready for QE4, Or QE5?

Techno....As a man who windsurfs , and hikes in foreign mountain ranges and lives life to the fullest, it baffles me as to why you would waste a minute of your day to listen to the great gasbag.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this particular case, Mittens. Here's John Nichols on George Romney and the difference between the generation with values and the ambitious sons.

Quote:
George Romney...believed that [Goldwater's] opposition to federal civil rights legislation meant that [his] "views deviate ..from the heritage of our party". There is no place in either of our parties for "purveyors of hate," Romney said, arguing that the GOP needed to embrace the civil rights struggle and reject the extremism of far-right groups such as the John Birch Society. But the Republican Party ... went all-in for extremism. With that, George Romney walked out of the convention.

Mitt was 17 and learned to sacrifice values for ambition. We can only hope that history repeats itself to try to teach those Republicans who fail to learn its lessons.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

?A caller on the Rush Limbaugh show suggested that all the liberal hype, especially at the convention about the "killing of Bin Laden" may have been the impetus that started all the attacks and demonstrations, with the movie trailer just fanning the flames. ?

Have you heard the theory that ignorant ass radicals did this because the GOP paid them? Limbaugh refuses to even consider this likely scenario.

Techno do you really think Street thugs in the Middle east followed the conventions in English, analayzed out the speeches on both Sides, ignored all the islamophobia at the GOP convention and focused on the well known fact that bin Laden had been killed?
They are keeping their motivation a secret and shouting things unrelated to laden.
Of course, that fact had been announced IN ARABIC on their own news for years, but that didn't matter.
It only mattered if a Dem said it at a convention in English.
Limbaugh once said addicts should be executed until his addiction came out. Changed his mind.
He said that the depression was caused by Obama Policies, before Obama took office.
He said " I want America to fail "about the same time, rather than see our country succeed under a liberal.
I want Limbaugh to fail and America to succeed.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I listen to both sides and make my own judgments. The Bin Laden issue was the callers theory and I just said that it was something to think about. It had nothing to do with Limbaugh except it was on his show.

Blaming all the strife on the video is a nice way to avoid any political issues for Obama. Makes sense to me, and if it doesn't seem viable to you, so be it.

Do you think many of the rioters saw the video and were able to understand English? Touting the death of Bin Laden over and over and over is just as believable to me.

Actually it's both, since much of the world hates the US and what it stands for. All this would probably be happening anyway without Bin Laden's death or the video.

I just think it is good to be open minded, but apparently, many don't see it that way.

I heard that the FBI was sent in to determine what happened in Libya, but were then pulled out "because of the danger". Danger of what, the truth?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 156 of 252

Jump to: