myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the GOP IS the root of all evil...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
insh8bl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Why the GOP IS the root of all evil... Reply with quote

...Republicans block child nutrition bill. What a bunch of soulless sellouts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101201/ap_on_bi_ge/us_congress_school_nutrition
mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boehner, by Gara LaMarche quoting a New York Times article on his ties to lobbyists, who had relied on him for hel in "combating fee increases for the o8il industry, fighting a proposed cap on debit card fees, protecting tax breaks for hedge fund executives..." Out of the mouths of hungry babes. 17 million go hungry in this country, but the right wingers on the forum (and in Congress) deny it. What did Marie Antoinette say?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Buy your own health care you common peasant?"
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've only just begun to see the dirty deeds done dirt cheap by Chancellor Boehner and crew. What is it the Isobars is so fond of saying?? We're doomed.
insh8bl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears the GOP lied to its constituent base; they are blocking a tax cut for middle-income Americans, but, want to extend the tax cuts only for the wealthy.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-02/middle-income-tax-cut-package-likely-to-stall-after-house-vote.html

I just don’t understand where the republican stereotype (being old and fat, corporate pandering, help only the wealthy, Christian only, disgusted by immigrants, and social program loathing) comes from? Very Happy
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insh8bl wrote:
...I just don’t understand where the republican stereotype (being old and fat, corporate pandering, help only the wealthy, Christian only, disgusted by immigrants, and social program loathing) comes from? Very Happy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathleen-reardon/abdicating-to-the-right-t_b_790786.html
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldman just took their SP target to 1450. Im sure this will make most Americans happy Laughing
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said a number of times before, I think that Congress should let the Bush Tax Cuts sunset. We really need to start addressing paying back the huge debt that has been created, in part by the tax cuts in the first place. While I can appreciate that the Obama Administration wants to shelter lower and middle class Americans, especially in this time of economic hardship, I feel that folks, even at the lower end of the income spectrum, need to help pay the price for our nation's predicament.

If the Obama Administration and the Democrats in Congress cave to the Republicans on letting top income earners of the hook permanently, or even temporarily, I will be extremely disappointed. Obama campaigned on rolling back tax cuts for rich Americans, I have to hold him to his word on this. In my view, anything less would be unconscionable.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insh8bl said

Quote:
...Republicans block child nutrition bill.

If this was a good bill (and many have pork attached that make them poor legislation) this is irresponsible politics.

As I've said before, My family received this sort of aid when I was growing up. All told, my bros and sisters have paid well over a $million in taxes with our professional careers. Kids can't be hungry and be expected to do well in school. (Sorry sweeping assertion).

Do these people not understand investment?
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, in the context of government, Republicans would prefer the free fall for those on the lowest parts of the income ladder, irrespective of the realities now, or any difficult circumstances. Those in the earliest, and most formative part of their lives are most at overall risk.

We must also remember that our youthful adults fall into this category income wise. Why do we want to stem and inhibit those having a hard time beginning or starting their productive lives? America needs to get much more on the ball than a simple service oriented society, so a broad creative strategy is an important imperative into the future.

Anyone interested in licking the ass of some rich folks to build their future?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 1 of 252

Jump to: