myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Financial Reform
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard--you can't even spell "spilled." I am a volunteer, I retired. You on the other hand are an ignorant fool who repeatedly misspells things and responds in ways completely unconnected to the original message. You show that you know little but what you hear on talk radio, but you did drink the koolaid. Show me the current inflation, you idiot!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Let's assume the market is up 100% in 5 years. Let's also assume prices double in 5 years. That means the plan didn't work, and if you consider that you'll be paying taxes on those inflated gains, you lose.

Printing money does only 1 thing, inflate.

CPI is running at 2%, that means prices double in 36 years.
Inflating the value of AMerican companies. Facebook valuation is $50B, that is a massive wealth producer, these people buy houses, cars, and many goods and services. An furthermore, M1 is not increasing, so your printing money claim is not true. We are adding a ton of debt, and we will see if a combo of reduced spending from DC, and a massive tax receipts surge takes place.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as Bernanke knows full well, inflation is the only way to make a debt the size of ours manageable. I.e., as the dollar becomes relatively worthless, our debt asymptotically approaches zero.

Huh?

I'll put it this way:
Obama: "Hey, China; here's our $40 trillion dollars [or whatever we owe them]. Do you want that in trillion-dollar bills, or will this loaf of bread settle our score?"

China: "Throw in some peanut butter and we have a deal."

At that point Obama high-fives Bernanke, takes credit for erasing the national debt, and gets reelected by the dumb masses who don't see the flaw in that solution.

TR BS? No, it's the foremost solution to overwhelming national debt followed around the globe throughout recorded history.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Matt Andrejczak

Compared to a year ago, a pound of bacon costs 44% more at the retail level, sliced deli ham is up 11% a pound, and a dozen eggs cost 3% more, according to the latest informal data complied by the American Farm Bureau, which surveys U.S. supermarket prices in 29 states.

A caffeine jolt will hit your budget, too. The price to buy a pound of ground roasted coffee costs $4.47, up 22%, or 80 cents a pound from a year ago, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Rising commodity prices for everything from coffee to sugar are driving up grocery bills. Among the culprits: Rising demand from emerging economies, bad weather hitting crops worldwide and investor speculation.

Meat prices have sizzled following a painful restructuring by U.S. beef and pork producers who sharply cut the size of their herds when the global economy tanked in 2008. This drove up lean hog prices.

"Increasing our nation's livestock herd to meeting growing demand for meat and dairy products takes time so we are likely to see retail prices continue to increase for some foods throughout 2011," said American Farm Bureau economist John Anderson.

In 2010, J.M. Smucker (SJM) raised the price of its Folgers coffee 13%. Kraft Foods (KFT) raised prices on its Maxwell House coffee 12% last month. The price hikes came as coffee futures hit a 13-year high.

Sugar futures jumped 19% last year, while corn surged 52%, and soybeans rose 34%. The commodities spike is making major U.S. food companies rethink discounting strategies used last year to lure shoppers.

Most producers are raising prices on certain food items. These companies include General Mills (GIS), ConAgra Foods (CAG), Sara Lee (SLE) and Kellogg (K).

The increasing price for food and cooking oils are being felt around the world. Lower-income earners in India are bemoaning the rising cost of onions, while cooking oil costs are going up in China.

World food prices in December hit a record high, surpassing the June 2008 peak, according to an index of 55 food commodities compiled by the United Nation's Food and Agricultural Organization.

The December 2010 index reading hit 214.7 points, topping the previous all-time high of 213.5 points in June 2008, the last time agricultural commodities skyrocketed, sparking deadly riots in Haiti and Egypt.

Food riots ongoing in the news today.....
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the USA, where I live, prices for goods and services are rising at 2%. True inflation will not hit the shores of the USA until wages rise, which they havent since 2000.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
And as Bernanke knows full well, inflation is the only way to make a debt the size of ours manageable. I.e., as the dollar becomes relatively worthless, our debt asymptotically approaches zero.

Huh?

I'll put it this way:
Obama: "Hey, China; here's our $40 trillion dollars [or whatever we owe them]. Do you want that in trillion-dollar bills, or will this loaf of bread settle our score?"

China: "Throw in some peanut butter and we have a deal."

At that point Obama high-fives Bernanke, takes credit for erasing the national debt, and gets reelected by the dumb masses who don't see the flaw in that solution.

TR BS? No, it's the foremost solution to overwhelming national debt followed around the globe throughout recorded history.

Our debt to GDp is 90%, we have been above 100% before, and we survived, even thrived when the economy took off post WWII. The US cannot inflate our way out of debt, it would destroy the economy.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The past tense of "spill" is "spilt" or "spilled".........both are equally acceptable. Congratulations Steven.........your vocabulary is broader than those who mock you.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
The past tense of "spill" is "spilt" or "spilled".........both are equally acceptable. Congratulations Steven.........your vocabulary is broader than those who mock you.

Thank you Mr. Gybe. One thing is perfectly clear to me. If the idiots who run this country had studied Roman military history, or even 20th century history, we wouldn't be having as many difficulties today.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when fear mongers like you Bard, compare the great land that I love with Zimbabwe..makes it almost impossible to take you seriously. Market is on fire, economy is improving, Obama names two excellent free market men to cabinet/staff today, and that is all bad news if you are a hater. The script is so 1995 , it kills me. 1994 Dems get waxed, 2010, Dems get waxed. 1995-Dem prez shifts to Center 2011-Dem prez shifts to center. 1995 economy goes nuts, 2011-?? we'll see, but the odds of O winning in 2012 are increasing each and every day.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you suggesting that there is a pattern emerging?....i.e. when Democratic Presidents abandon their left wing principles, and the Repubs gain greater control of Congress, the country prospers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: