myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
90% of the American Map is Vermin Free Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Why is it that Democrats have so much trouble remembering that they have controlled both Houses of Congress for four years?

we dont, unless we're too busy riding the high of a WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP AND DONT GIVE A SHEET ABOUT POLITICS!!!!!! FEAR THE BEARD BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Election results in Colorado were an interesting mix. In the Senate race the tea partier was narrowly defeated by an unpopular appointee. House Repubs made gains. Govenor went Democratic.

The Repubs should have taken everything. I believe the anger over the economy is substantial. But, not enough to widely support the extreme themes of the far right (at least in CO).

All of the tax limitation amendments failed miserably. A vote to "opt out" of Obamacare failed!

Hopefully, the new mix will yield results. Maybe less obstructionism if the Repubulicans do not feel out gunned? Demos and Repubs need to play it smart with moderates in key leadership positions.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
... A vote to "opt out" of Obamacare failed!

interesting...could it be that people don't object to Obamacare as much as the far right would have us believe?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stocks up sharply after Obama announces his support for Bush tax cut extension. For you libs, that means tax revenues go up even though tax rates stay the same.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO MORE HAPPY MEALS IN SF????? WTF? They want to legalize dope, but...NO MORE HAPPY MEALS!

Is that really the government you want? Anal sex is legal, but happy meals are now illegal? I have nothing against either, but one will kill you when you're young. The other when you're old.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Stocks up sharply after Obama announces his support for Bush tax cut extension. For you libs, that means tax revenues go up even though tax rates stay the same.

I thought that is was the Fed buying 600 billion in bonds that caused the sharp market increase??
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven WELCOME TO NANNY NATION.
Bring your guns , drugs , and whores, and hide out in the sanctuary city, just do not dare eat that vile hamburger.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
I take it no one here but Iso supported Limbaughs classic speech:
I Want America to Fail because it would keep O from helping America and getting credit for it
Down with America! Listen to the radio and do as you are told.
Iso post in support of that idea and of Limbaughs heroic greatness was one of his funniest posts.
The spice was his recent post in which he pretends that he hasn't listened to Limbaugh in years, or to the racist remarks iso says are found on Talk Radio.

Limbaugh said nothing of the sort and you know it. Watch his lips move and stop lying. I totally support what he ACTUALLY said, as should everyone here.

Last edited by isobars on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White supremacy, disguised again as State's rights, reigns again. Let's just look at Rand Paul, the new Senator, who considers the Civil Rights Act an infringement on his business. He learned his values at the knee of his father, who said:

Quote:
In one issue of the Ron Paul Survival Report, which he had published since 1985, he called former U.S. representative Barbara Jordan a "fraud" and a "half-educated victimologist." In another issue, he cited reports that 85 percent of all black men in Washington, D.C., are arrested at some point: "Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the 'criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal." And under the headline "Terrorist Update," he wrote: "If you have ever been robbed by a black teenaged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

Tell me again how the Tea Party is not motivated by racial animus.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR wrote:
they should have tried and helped improving the country (this is similar to Limbaugh's goal mentioned by Keycocker). Or as McConnell said in a recent interview: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”
-lhdr

Pelosi blocked not only the Republicans but the MEDIA from health care legislation debates.

Anyone sufficiently informed to have a valid vote knows KC deliberately lied about what Limbaugh said.

I agree with McConnell's goal. I do not want a self-avowed Marxist in the White House.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 4 of 22

Jump to: