myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
90% of the American Map is Vermin Free Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it no one here but Iso supported Limbaughs classic speech:
I Want America to Fail because it would keep O from helping America and getting credit for it
Down with America! Listen to the radio and do as you are told.
Iso post in support of that idea and of Limbaughs heroic greatness was one of his funniest posts.
The spice was his recent post in which he pretends that he hasn't listened to Limbaugh in years, or to the racist remarks iso says are found on Talk Radio.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JP, I think you'd see tons of money flow back into the U.S. if the Prez would just become a capitalist. We are fighting for international repatriation of profits and new investments. The way to do this is to not attack the Chamber of Commerce, have a reasonable tax policy, make health care free market, and stop the marxist rhetoric.

He could also do alot for race relations by appologizing to the tea party for calling them racist (by implication). Meet with the black head of the RNC, and Marco Rubio etcetera, and stop campaigning 365x4.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Hey JP, I think you'd see tons of money flow back into the U.S. if the Prez would just become a capitalist. We are fighting for international repatriation of profits and new investments. The way to do this is to not attack the Chamber of Commerce, have a reasonable tax policy, make health care free market, and stop the marxist rhetoric.

Most effective would be the implementation of the Fair Tax, according to the $22M of research put into it.
LHDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
A mere 22 months ago, Democrats had massive majorities in both Houses of Congress, a wildly popular, potentially transformational President and a compliant media. They had an almost unprecedented opportunity to effect real change. They completely blew it. They should be honest about that and not search for others to blame...
I disagree with that. What is often ignored is that Democrats did not have, for most of the time, the 60% necessary to pass almost anything in the Senate (an unfortunate consequence of the filibuster, and unheard of in other democracies, I think). My take is that Republicans abused this to successfully prevent decent legislation and Democratic achievements, when they should have tried and helped improving the country (this is similar to Limbaugh's goal mentioned by Keycocker). Or as McConnell said in a recent interview: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”
-lhdr
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
wreckreational drug

That is such an AWESOME use of the english language. Like you're a wreck if you smoke pot? Is that what you mean? Where do you come up with this stuff? That is SO funny! Wreckreational...god. So good.

mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe--I am happy to report that Barbara Boxer has been returned to the Senate, just to vex you oilies. I'm also happy to report that the pig oil efforts to derail California's global warming policies failed in a landslide. Without a doubt the Democrats failed in messaging. But the biggest problem, in both elections, was the economy. With Fox employing virtually all of the Republican wanna be presidents, the American public heard an unending drumbeat that all of the economic problems were Obama and Pelosi's fault. The Democrats failed at reminding the American public that it was the Reps that crashed the car, after they trashed the brakes. The housing bubble that caused so much damage was a wholly owned subsidiary of Phil Gramm, Texas Republican. Plenty of0 cozying up to bank and real estate money by both parties, but the deregulation written by Gramm caused this bubble to be bigger than any other in our history, and the crash and hangover to be worse.

Now riddle me this, how was Obama supposed to fix the damaged economy in 18 months with the Republicans filibustering everything? Maybe you wished for success, but the Republicans plotted for failure.

Perhaps the Republicans will now enjoy the frustrations of the filibuster and the veto. For myself, knowing that the reelection of Barbara Boxer is a poke in your anti-environmental corporate eye makes the poison kool-aid go down just a little easier.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that Democrats have so much trouble remembering that they have controlled both Houses of Congress for four years?
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all the news about this election, the thing I get a lot of lift from is that the Democrats really pulled it across in California. The nation seemingly went Republican, but California went in variance with the grain.

While I've always been a liberal, in spite of my stated reservations with unions, the fact that Californians appear to see the future is uplifting.

With Jerry Brown coming in as our governor, we have an interesting horizon line. For those of us that remember the times we faced in Brown's earlier governorship, he was a pretty tough dude, and decidedly a bit conservative in style. I remember that he previously shunned some of the extras associated with his office, and stuck with his Dodge Dart.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making drinking illegal did not have the desired effect and set off a a huge funding windfall for organized crime.
The pot laws are having the same effect and cost us a fortune in ineffective interdiction. The best informed are the guys on the front lines, prosecutors and the like.I have spoken to some and they say the private opinion of their profession says these laws are harmful to our country. That settles it for me.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the current election, the outcome of Proposition 19 in California was revealing. From my latest take, the results of the recent vote was 54% against versus 46% for legalization. Like it or not marijuana use is gaining acceptance, and the present outcome on the issue is quite telling. The concept of looking at marijuana use as a big crime is losing credibility, and rightly so for a lot of practical reasons. It's only a matter of time before the ignorance of the government's negative criminal policy regarding marijuana is realized and policies are changed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: