myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
90% of the American Map is Vermin Free Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Pelosi is our best hope against Obama caving completely

Is it just me, or is there a well organized good cop bad cop thing going on, or is that obvious to everyone and I'm just figuring it out? I'm a simple dog you know.

coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also read the theory of the good cop bad cop.

Or, could be pigheadedness on the part of house liberals. With the Repub sweep of the last election, a lot of House moderates did not get re-elected. Suprisingly, the democrats are now more liberal than before.

I would have thought a more moderate leader would have been a better choice to negotiate compromise; but now, maybe Obama will be the middle ground.
feuser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Nice post Feuser. The facts, while interesting to those who still read, don't fit real well with the talking points of either party. At the moment, it looks like Pelosi is our best hope against Obama caving completely on making tax cuts permanent. And Iso trumpets the Lauffer curve, with no conception of history and George H. Bush's comment about voodoo economics. As Santayana said, we're doomed.

What's truly maddening about this is how these numbers contrast with the favourite Tea Party doctrine.

Alaska of all places is almost receiving twice the federal tax money it is generating. Seems to me that Mrs Palin should have focussed just a bit more on the spending in her own state and perhaps negotiating a better royalty deal with big oil.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
feuser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
feuser wrote:
You don't need to apologize for your viewpoint. It was you who created the analogy food stamps = ferrari which is laden with prejudice. Once you quit that biased hyperbole, we can have a good discussion... if you don't walk off pouting again.

Next time I feel the need for psychoanalysis by a sporting goods salesman, I'll be sure to contact you.

Thanks for contacting me MrGybe!

Wink

I appreciate the fact that I pissed you off; and I am very happy that you've reached out to me and we can be friends again. Props to you for your charitable work and being modest about it.

For the record:

My political position is not that favors socialization and government of industry at all, but on social issues, I believe that survival with a minimum measure of human dignity cannot be left to charity, goodwill and liquidity of individuals like yourself.

Charitable giving is subject to the ups and downs of the economy. You cannot have the source of these funds under the most strain when they are most needed.

I believe that as tax payers, we owe it to ourselves to pay into a system that delivers this social safety net by law.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Suprisingly, the democrats are now more liberal than before.

Well and often forecast far in advance by both liberal and conservative pundits on the dominant cable news channel.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By more liberal, I mean that the moderates were defeated in higher numbers than the liberals.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, as expected months in advance, because the independents cleaned house of the moderate Democrats they had elected before the administration's hard left policies drove the independent vote to the right. In other words, election outcomes are determined by the independent vote, which Obama/Pelosi/Reid/et.al. bulldozed into the lap of the right. Obama has some extreme concessions to make to the right -- and virtually no pundits believe he's capable of that -- to prevent a similar bloodbath in the next elections. Pelosi is regarded as a gift straight from heaven to the Republicans in two years. Do that thing you do so well, Nancy -- spend like Elton John -- and you'll all but guarantee a Republican sweep in 2012.

That ... or these Republicans will act like Bush's Republicans and hand a ton of seats to the TEA Party. Boener knows this was a deafening rejection of the present administration, not a free pass for rogue Elephants; if he can keep his herd in line they may actually do a good job and, come 2012, steamroll the freest-spending bunch ever to hit Washington.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5MtdIO23MKM

OBAMA "KISS MY ASS"
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The classic pep rally and hype session. And, I'm thinking that there wasn't even any alcohol for the event.

I have to say though, the pictured folks seemed to be very stoked overall.
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...vermin free...

AUSTIN, Texas — Former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay — once one of the most powerful and feared Republicans in Congress — was convicted Wednesday on charges he illegally funneled corporate money to Texas candidates in 2002.

Jurors deliberated for 19 hours before returning guilty verdicts against DeLay on charges of money laundering and conspiracy to commit money laundering. He faces up to life in prison on the money laundering charge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: