myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tea with your bigotry?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an employee of a fortune 20 company with a lot of influence , I am happy with unlimited donations going to PAC's and then on to KSTreet, and politicians. I think buying off people is the American Way Laughing
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Do you think if illegals voted for republicans, they would feel the same way? I DOUBT IT!!!!!

Then there are the states which have ignored laws requiring them to mail absentee ballots to military people serving overseas in time to vote, knowing full well that most military personnel vote Republican.

Last edited by isobars on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
Do you think if illegals voted for republicans, they would feel the same way? I DOUBT IT!!!!!

The there are the states which have ignored laws requiring them to mail absentee ballots to military people serving overseas in time to vote, knowing full well that most military personnel vote Republican.

Which states are those Mike? Do you have some kind of proof that this has happened? I'm sure you do... Rolling Eyes
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe, the thing that I was questioning wasn't whether PACs were contributing to the political process, but rather that the money coming into them was coming from regular employees of corporations. I realize that executives and managers in top management are contributing for obvious reasons.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
http://static.usnews.com/documents/whispers/tea-party-presentation.pdf

This is what AMERICA thinks!!!

That may be, but what many in the TP movement apparently don't know the inconsistencies between TP candidates' platforms and the platitudes of individual freedom/small-government/state rights coming from the candidates.

For example, most of the high profile candidates are strict pro-lifers and opponents of gay marriage.

Ken Buck, TP candidate in Colorado, supports criminalizing abortion even in cases or rape and incest. So do TP Senatorial candidates Roy Blunt (AK), Joe Miller (AK), Sharron Angel(NV), Rand Paul (KY and Christine O'Donnell(DE).

What do these candidates propose? The right to privacy includes abortion and is protected under the US Constitution. In order to criminalize abortion for rape or incest, all these candidates necessarily agree that Constitution must be amended, and then that the federal law must then trump all state laws on the matter, and that the federal government must monitor every pregnant woman in the country. This is about as Orwellian as one could get and represents the epitome of government intrusion into the lives of each citizen.

Similarly, on the issue of gay marriage, Joe Miller stated that he supports a Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage. Confusingly, Miller also stated supports the rights of each state to deal with the issue as each sees fit. Which is it? How can a TP voter vote for the guy who wants a federal enforcement of a Constitutional ban on gay marriage, when marriage has always been a state issue? Do the TP's really think it a good idea for marriage licenses to be issued by the Federal government?

In short, the TP candidates are offering nothing new. It's the same old issues that the GOP leans on when their numbers are down. Just look back to 1994, when the GOP swung very hard to the right. What were the wedge issues then? Abortion, gay marriage and small government/lower taxes. Sound familiar?

The TP candidates' platforms betray the ideals stated by likely TP voters as the reason for their prospective votes.
insh8bl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well mat-ty a sample of 1,000 likely voters with a sampling margin of error of ±3% and even more for subgroups is hardly what AMERICA thinks. That extrapolation is quite a statistical stretch, but there is some interesting data none the less…

- Only 25% of Tea-Party members identify themselves as such (got something to hide)

- 13% of Tea-Party supports have “other” reasons for supporting the party.

- Only 5% of respondents oppose the recently passed health care legislation.

- Only 3% of respondents think Republicans care about the “average American”.

- 7% of Tea-Party members don’t know why they support congressional candidates.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right , tuesday will tell us what AMERICA really thinks, GOOD LUCK!

I do not agree with all things tea party, but I would take their general message over the far left aholes running the show today, sorry but when you ignore the people , you will pay a price!!

As far a gay marriage goes, I think Kinky Freedman nailed it , when he said
"why shouldn't they be as miserable as the rest of us"
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay almost no attention when pundits try to forecast election outcomes, because except in obviously lopsided contests, it's all just lip flapping. Que sera, sera. The more credible professional pundits seem to average on the House picking up 50-60 Republican seats, the Senate picking up about 8-9 Republican seats, and the governorship races being a Republican landslide. While this should restore some balance to the legislative process, it still leaves Obama with veto power over any Obamacare repeal attempt. We can only hope that a) Ocare works FAR better than everybody from the CBO to the Prime Ministers of Canada and the UK expect it to or b) its flaws sink it and the left's political domination in 2012. If the latter, we can only hope the right learned something from all this so the pendulum gets damped. If we can't drive the government towards the center we'll remain stuck on stupid for decades.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Your right , tuesday will tell us what AMERICA really thinks, GOOD LUCK!

I do not agree with all things tea party, but I would take their general message over the far left aholes running the show today, sorry but when you ignore the people , you will pay a price!!

As far a gay marriage goes, I think Kinky Freedman nailed it , when he said
"why shouldn't they be as miserable as the rest of us"

The reason the Dems get massacred tuesday is all about the economy. People vote with their pocketbooks, always have, always will. "Ignoring the people " is probably a true depiction of congress and the White house 99% of the time. Your frustration with Obama is the same as mine with Bush, I couldnt wait til he and his criminal cohorts left town. So , enjoy , with glee the Bitch slapping the Dems will take on Tuesday.Kinky Freidman is right, unfortunately thats not the rethug view.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
mrgybe, the thing that I was questioning wasn't whether PACs were contributing to the political process, but rather that the money coming into them was coming from regular employees of corporations. I realize that executives and managers in top management are contributing for obvious reasons.

Another teachable moment.................

http://www.campaignmoney.com/exxon_mobil.asp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 4 of 24

Jump to: