myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tea with your bigotry?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
So you believe we are in a seriouss mess that 1. Obama created or 2. Should have solved in two years in office?

What should he have done?

Admit that we're heading off an economic cliff, demonstrate some serious concern for it, stop wasting trillions, stop LYING about it on camera, and take the GOP program seriously.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 trillion to 14 trillion, is that not cause for concern boardhead. You ok with that. NPR are a pack of left wing aholes ,fund your own national propaganda radio. And pp are lying sacks of shit, and you know it. How about hiring a few people for your administration that have run something,or produced a budget. The tea party are good people who are concerned about our future, sorry if you find that so offensive!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a problem with the debt increase. I also have a problem with blaming this number on Obama.

How can you blame Obama for $5T in increased deficit when 2/3 of the budget is mandatory spending, that the President has, little control over? Of what's left (discretionary spending), 60% is military spending. Add to that the interest on a debt that existed prior to Obama (some $500 B over 2 years) that could have been higher but for Geithner's actions.

Arguably, the $800 B spending package enacted for the recession, added directly to the debt. But, some came back in revenue and it did prevent a banking crisis.

I mention NPR and PP only because there has been a lot of posturing from the Repubs on these Demo pet programs while serious work on the "mandatory" spending aspects of the budget need to be addressed.

Running this country as a business is not possible, when you cannot fire your errant employees (congress); so I am not sure knowing how to run a business is required to govern.

I don't find the fiscal ideology of the tea party personally offensive.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for record Coboardhead,, I said obama could have possibly gotten us out of this mess, if he was not so focused on his personal agenda, Aka healthcare. He saw an opportunity (all 3 bodys of gov) and he was not passing it up, even at the expense of the economy. We all know he had his hands full, but his response has been, selfish, and reckless. And I do not think attacking and demonizing the wealthy is helping solve any problems. His numbers are at record lows. I think it's time for a new statagy.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - a more civilized dialogue...

Where I diverge from you is that I feel that healthcare IS the issue. If costs are not addressed head on, we face financial ruin. Arguing over these pet programs, even defense spending is a waste of time unless we do something about Medicare and Medicaid. A health care plan is necessary. Is the "Ocare" perfect - No. But it is a start.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
1. I also have a problem with blaming this number on Obama.

2. How can you blame Obama for $5T in increased deficit

3. when 2/3 of the budget is mandatory spending

4. that the President has, little control over?

5. I mention NPR and PP only because there has been a lot of posturing from the Repubs on these Demo pet programs

6. serious work on the "mandatory" spending aspects of the budget need to be addressed.

7. I am not sure knowing how to run a business is required to govern.

I don't find the fiscal ideology of the tea party personally offensive.

1. Pelosi did it, but she was enabled by a Democratic Congress, by Bush's refusal to veto, and with eager cooperation and impetus from Obama. Just today we see yet another of hundreds of such analyses of Obama's spending binge, this one in the WSJ titled, "Obama's Permanent Spending Binge", presenting the same devastating chart that real news and economics channels have been showing for days. It's the one you MUST have seen many times comparing Obama's budget with the GOP's budget, both projected into 2021 with dramatic differences.

2. Because he's the damned president and is doing absolutely nothing to slow it, is doing much to increase it, is lying -- and I choose that word carefully and with endless proof -- to us about it almost daily as proven by the CBO and his own cabinet and countless video tapes of his speeches, and because he repeatedly declared verbatim on worldwide TV that he is willing to harm the economy "in the interest of fairness" (i.e., to redistribute the wealth). He does not comprehend that wealth is not a zero sum game nor that higher taxes are not the whole solution and are even counterproductive. What the hell more does anyone need to realize how dangerous he is to this nation and to the world that depends on us? This idiot doesn't comprehend that a fiscal entity can't go on forever spending money it doesn't have and cannot get, as proven by his asinine proposition to FREEZE spending at this record level. The only conclusion I can draw is that he's just not very bright.

3. THAT'S WHY THE GOP BUDGET TACKLES THE BIG EXPENSES HE HAS VOWED NOT TO TOUCH ... between his hollow vague promises to the contrary. Nothing personal, Coboardhead, but I thought you were a breath of fresh, open-minded, alert, astute, informed, rational, centrist air when you arrived here a few months ago. That assessment ranks among my biggest errors ever online.

4. If he has the authority to tell Boeing they can't move THEIR OWN GD PLANT to South Carolina, to apologize to the world for this country's behavior the last 230 years, and to blatantly lie about the Supreme Court and the GOP to their faces on global TV from the halls of Congress, then he has the clout to at least influence the path of social insurance and entitlement programs. He is making zero attempt at such, because he thinks it will cost him the election and because he worships his power and his Utopian ideas.

5. a) Ya gotta start somewhere, and b) perceptions matter. Spending taxpayers' money on partisan fringe causes violates the law (i.e., the Constitution) and sends a horrible message to the world. We've known for decades that PP is an abortion mill, and NPR has been a left wing hack organization for decades as well. Neither needs, earns, or deserves public funding, but both will By God TAKE it as long as they can get away with it.

6. Yet when Ryan proposes doing that, he is gutted PERSONALLY, FROM THE BULLY PULPIT, by the PRESIDENT, on GLOBAL TV, while huffing and puffing "THAT WON'T HAPPEN WHILE I AM PRESIDENT", in a full-on campaign speech falsely touted in advance as a budget speech.

7. Understanding that Marxist policies, spending money you do not have, and lying to your populace all harm a nation IS a prerequisite for a successful Republic. He understands none of those.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Where I diverge from you is that I feel that healthcare IS the issue. If costs are not addressed head on, we face financial ruin. defense spending is a waste of time unless we do something about Medicare and Medicaid. A health care plan is necessary.

Just the opposite is true. The free world can survive without federal health care programs. It cannot if the U.S. military is inferior.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
new statagy.

thats strageraty

mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile."
George W. Bush

mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winddoggie

If Steve Jobs spent less time tracking my personal information, maybe he could build a better spell check, for my ipad. (god knows I need it)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: