myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Web cams at Arlington?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimoakes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMP wrote:
I went to Rufus where wind wasn't filled in as well. Strenge pattern it was.... no wind until Biggs Bridge, but Maryhill wasn't filled in either. It was only happening right there at the Wall boat ramp.

I saw that too. I'm surprised it didn't reach down to Rufus.

Looks like the boat ramp will be real crowded today if the word gets out!

I love crowds this time of the season.
WMP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimoak wrote:
WMP wrote:
I went to Rufus where wind wasn't filled in as well. Strenge pattern it was.... no wind until Biggs Bridge, but Maryhill wasn't filled in either. It was only happening right there at the Wall boat ramp.

I saw that too. I'm surprised it didn't reach down to Rufus.

Yep, very much offshore and broken up at Ruf-ruf (outta the south).... I made the fatal mistake of over-analyzing.... shoulda just gone Wallward to Wallville with all you Wallians.

Next time I'll bring a blindfold with the dart board so I can just listen to my gut.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimoak wrote:
I love crowds this time of the season.

Yup. A "crowd" of 4 sailors gives us at least SOME extra safety. I don't feel super comfortable alone a mile offshore this time of the year.
Bond1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Bond1 wrote:
The result is that I miss it sometimes. Another result is that I don't waste time and fuel on an unsatisfying adventure. I don't want to miss a single good session, but this need had my life out of balance for years. Now I have more time for other things I enjoy.

The problem is knowing ahead of time whether driving will snare a good session or an unsatisfying adventure. The solution is in our heads. One of my buds simply MAKES every trip a productive and fun session. His 100% successful solution? Rig and sail and enjoy, regardless of conditions. I envy his attitude, but he's welcome to it, too. Mother Nature's got to meet me halfway, and Port Kelley is very unforgiving. It's easily the most challenging venue of the 70+ places I've sailed on the Columbia.

That's kinda the point. I want to sail. I want to fish. I want to hike. I want to go camping. I want to ride my bike. I want to get things done around the house. I have to work. 25 years ago it was 100% windsurfing and I had fun every time no matter what. I'm just prioritizing my time differently than I used to. I think it's great that some people are super hungry for every bit they can get. I was that way and it helped me become a better sailor.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only priority is WSing, but I'm still not devoted enough to struggle TOO hard at it. That attitude costs me skill development, but I've always been a hedonist; if it ain't inherently fun, screw it. I can't even comprehend serious mountain climbing ... the part at 25,000 feet where every single step feels like an inning of rugby. That, to me, is what slogging feels like. And even if my car ran on air, I hope I've made my last 6-hour drive to a skunk.
Georges

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
My only priority is WSing, but I'm still not devoted enough to struggle TOO hard at it. That attitude costs me skill development, but I've always been a hedonist; if it ain't inherently fun, screw it. I can't even comprehend serious mountain climbing ... the part at 25,000 feet where every single step feels like an inning of rugby. That, to me, is what slogging feels like. And even if my car ran on air, I hope I've made my last 6-hour drive to a skunk.

Try one post without using the following Iso, My, I , Me , I've , I'm. Cool
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Try one post without using the following Iso, My, I , Me , I've , I'm. Cool

Ain't going to happen!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: