myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
545 People
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biking is my no. 1 activity. Mtn and Roadie. Durango rocks, Moab rocks, CButte rocks. Bad wreck this summer (landed on one of those rocks) - so entertaining myself on this forum Laughing
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. I crushed myself on Porcupine couple years ago, killed a windsurf season. Im with you though, MTB , Roadie , Windsurf, Ski, all four asset classes are covered, and the bank acount is empty Very Happy .
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boogsman

Take your wife to the Cliff lodge at Snowbird, 2 hour flight from san fran. half hour taxi to mountain, great spa!!!
I love colorado, but I can not get enough of snowbird/ alta.

I was at your buddies town of Duxbury sailing saturday, one of my favorite non cape, or islands, towns.

I agree about politics, we all need to chill out !
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty, Ive been to the cement Lodge in Little Cottonwood many times. I love IT! But I dont love the 45 minute drive back to the Cliff from Park City at 3 in the AM, 20 below.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Biking is my no. 1 activity. ... Moab rocks

I've often wondered what mountain bikers think of dirt bikes, especially two-stroke ring-a-ding-ding-dings, on the Slickrock Trail. There can't be much of southern UT that I haven't ridden on two or four wheels.

UT, IMO, is the best Air Force assignment on the planet, which is why I spent more than a third of my career there. Some of its finer skiing is at a USAF ski resort which was dirt cheap and where I "had to" help put on world-wide USAF invitational ski races each winter. Tough work, but somebody had to do it.

Do you ever sail Conchas Lake or Morgan Lake? The former blows major stink all spring into early summer and the latter is a hot tub bigger than any Gorge venue.

Mike \m/
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
I can not get enough of snowbird/ alta.

Some Snowbird local used to take tram up the hill, then race it down. I heard he's beaten it only once.

In case that's not surprising ... this is in the dead of summer, he's wearing boots, not skis, and he's glissading and/or running dirt and rocks, not skiing snow.

Mike \m/
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've often wondered what mountain bikers think of dirt bikes

Mountain bikers and motor bikers are moderates. ATV'ers are rightwingers, hikers are kashi eating liberals. Tea Partiers drive hummers! (I'll send a chart later).

Morgan is 2 hours from me. Can go off as you know! Take a full quiver (it can be anything). Skied powder in the AM - sailed 5.0 in the PM!

Wife and I learned to windsurf in New Mexico. Elephant Butte mostly. Had my Hobie16 on every lake of any size in NM! 25 years ago. Not been back on a short board except the Morgue!
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you and I must have shared a lake at some point or another, as I lived in and sailed NM year-round except for Gorge trips from '83 through '99. JEEZ, but driving 180+ miles each way for an afternoon session was a PITA. Surely not like Ogden, where we could leave work at lunch and put in 10 hours of skiing.

Mike \m/
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-x.php?_kk=electric%20dirt%20bike&_kt=064c8df2-6952-4fe5-a729-6a6ce5d731c0&gclid=CLe1vpng7qQCFd9n5Qod_CvY0g

Have you ever seen these electric dirt bikes, i saw, them on discovery channel, they look like a blast. My last bike was a kdx 200, just not much time and not a lot of places to ride around here. But these are so light and silent, if I had 7grand to piss away, I would love to grab one.
I think that would make me a eco conscious wingnut.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead
Have you ever heard of fezzari bikes. They are made in salt lake,
only sold on line, great prices, and service. I boughta mountain bike from them last year, 500$ cheaper than any local shop, with same components etc.

http://www.fezzari.com/?gclid=CM3i-vTi7qQCFVB95QodL0JG1w
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: