myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
8%
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who opts out of THEIR paying for their insurance sure as HELL opts out of MY paying for it.

ANY mandated purchase violates the Constitution.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok! ok!
mogunn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
...a bunch of iso-screaming...

I believe the courts will decide the constitutional issue. So far...from an article in the Oct 8th Washington Post:
Quote:
A federal judge in Michigan ruled Thursday that the new health-care overhaul law is constitutional, rejecting an argument that Congress lacked the power to create the legislation's "individual mandate," which requires virtually all Americans to purchase health insurance.
Other federal courts have already dismissed some challenges to the law on technical grounds - ruling, for instance, that the plaintiffs lacked standing. However, the decision issued Thursday by Judge George Caram Steeh of the Eastern District of Michigan is the first to reject a claim based on the merits, marking a notable victory for the Obama administration.

The complete article can be found here.

feuser

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Anyone who opts out of THEIR paying for their insurance sure as HELL opts out of MY paying for it.

Right. Just leave the hospitals holding the bag.

Saint Vincent's in NYC closed its doors last year, not in the least because of unpaid patient bills. No bailout for them - although our taxes do regularly subsidize other hospitals.

I also remember sitting & waiting for hours on end in a a crowded ER waiting room holding my then three year old with pneumonia. That's in spite of my paying $18k+ a year for my HMO and then some for copayments. If you don't know the US system is broken now, you're not paying attention.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With bouts of such ridiculous graphic hysteria, it's little wonder isobars doesn't get any respect. Are such displays representative of adult conduct or a rational discourse? One would think that he would begin learning at some point that such tantrums aren't a useful tactic to win over support. I'm thinking that this bad boy just isn't near as smart as he wants everyone to believe.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that Isobars rants that the income tax is unconstitutional. It seems he's with Christine O'Donnell and hasn't read the amendments...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: