myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Overrun with hate mail.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Overrun with hate mail. Reply with quote

I guess because I am a registered Republican I am now getting masses of print and electronic hate mail. It is mostly directed at Muslims, but a good bit of it "proves" O is a Muslim so you can hate him too.
What has happened to the party of Lincoln?
I got the dim attitude thing about twenty times.
Several pages here prove O is not a US born. Sending that to HI addresses is really a waste of paper.
I first noticed our leaderships failings when they spent 100 million in tax money to prove Clinton got sucked.It gave him the highest approval rating in history and caused a whole GOP posse to lose their jobs over all the gay hookers and strippers and pages they were screwing.
The Tea Party shows the same weaknesses.It supports the GOP agenda while adding so much hate and ignorance that most Americans don't know where to turn to find an educated non bigot conservative to support.
Promoting the hatred of Muslims because there is war going between conservative Muslims and conservative Americans is a way of undermining the safety of all Americans.
Could we find a way to put all VA christian and alqueda bigots together and let the good folks in this world return to peace?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Washington Post babbled again today about Obama inheriting a huge deficit from Bush. Amazingly enough, a lot of people swallow this nonsense.

So once more, a short civics lesson.

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democratic Party.

Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for FY 2008 and FY 2009 as well as FY 2010 and FY 2011.

In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.

For FY 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the FY 2009 budgets..

And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete FY 2009.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really Bard. Through the power of the veto, and the bully pulpit , the President really controls the budget process. Obama came aboard with our National debt at 9.3Tr, lets see what happens, we are in the early innings of a Giant Keynesian push in an effort to fill a massive output gap.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Overrun with hate mail. Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Promoting the hatred of Muslims because there is war going between conservative Muslims and conservative Americans is a way of undermining the safety of all Americans.
Could we find a way to put all VA christian and alqueda bigots together and let the good folks in this world return to peace?

WOOF!!!!!

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key,
I'm a conservative, Michael Steele the African American head of the Rnc is, and Pat Buchanan is also, and we were opposed to both wars. I am for an immediate pull out, and have been for years. Even Michael Savage is against the wars.

Many Tea Party members are opposed to these useless wars.

America should be growing jobs, reducing obstacles to small busisness, allowing companies to fail and succeed on their own. America should find its moral compass without the government intervention. If those banks and auto companies would have gone under, it would have allowed nature to take its course.

We shouldn't be bailing out wallstreet donors of the dnc. We shouldn't be catering to union donors to the dnc. we shouldn't be allowing banks to use federal guarantees to make risky bets with our money.
S
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wall street donations go to the RNC over the DNC by a 2-1 margin Bard. Are you kidding me? Its one of the heaviest concentrations of rich Republicans outside of a MegaChurch in Orange County.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, O mostly bailed out GOP donors, but either way I have a hard time supporting it.
I am convinced the least deserving were the auto companies but they had the jobs to blackmail us with. If nature had taken its course with them unemployment would have been unacceptable.
If we let nature take its course with us always, then everyone I know would have drowned when water completely covered the island recently in a hurricane.
We have to save ourselves sometimes.
Hating Muslims or libs does not achieve any of those lofty goals cited.
The mail I am getting shows that a segment of America has lost its moral compass completely and this at least is not sourced at the white house.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not getting any hate mail from the RNC or from my (relatively new) membership in it. What I am getting, by the pound, is mail that I hate. Fully 75% of our mail, by weight, and at least 75% of our phone calls, are from Republican politicians begging for money. Before I caught on, I was called to the Post Office 12 miles away to pick up registered mail begging for money.

I raise my voice at callers, demand they stop calling, and tell them exactly why they won't get another dime from me: the harassment is too extreme. I've emailed the heads of the RNC and its subsidiaries to no avail. I return every post-paid envelope with a variety of non-obscene but crystal clear STFUs in them, to no avail.
a
The DNC operates the same way, but not with me for obvious reasons.

The lesson learned: don't give the bastards one cent unless you want them to make Jehova's Witnesses and the Sierra Club seem shy by comparison.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. I find the rest of my mail a bit chilling. It gives me an idea what some of them do with those contributions.
Anti Muslim racists are reducing US safety and piling up enemies we don't need. O prayed with Muslims and went on a tour trying to explain why American bigots are so filled with hate against peaceful folks who mostly loved the US all their lives.
The GOP used my money to pretend those attempts to reduce our enemy count were Leninism or something like we were stupid.
Seems to be working.
dperzinski

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate and U.S. politics.

We have a two party system. There is no actual law that requires this in our constitution or any state’s constitution. However, the way votes are counted determines how many parties there are. Our US costitution leaves it up to the states to decide how votes are counted. And all but two states count votes the same way: one representative from each district.

In other democracies votes are counted differently. Many representatives are chosen from each district and there are rules as to how this works. For example, if a district has 10 representatives and a particular party gets 30% of the vote, then they get 3 representatives. If another party gets 10% they get 1. 20% gets 2, and so on. This leads to multiple parties that then form coalitions when they get to the legislature.

In our gov’t, because there are no provisions for many representatives, candidates have to form coalitions before they run for office in order to be effective. So, our two party system is because we don’t make provisions for multiple parties.

What’s important about all of this is that Americans are not just naturally two party-ish, it’s that way because the votes are counted that way. I think many Americans assume that our two party system is just the way we are, that Americans are naturally left or right and they don’t like each other. And to hate the other guys is just being American–it’s not.

There are many types of lefties: environmentalist, union guys, radicals, centrist, bleeding hearts, etc., that form a coalition before they send someone to office, just as there are many types of righties.

I think if we understood this better, we wouldn’t be so hateful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: