myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Enough BS; Here's Christmas Shopping at its finest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Enough BS; Here's Christmas Shopping at its finest Reply with quote

On Saturday, October 30, 2010, the Opera Company of Philadelphia brought together over 650 choristers from 28 participating organizations to perform one of the Knight Foundation's "Random Acts of Culture" at Macy's in Center City Philadelphia. Accompanied by the Wanamaker Organ - the world's largest pipe organ - the OCP Chorus and throngs of singers from the community infiltrated the store as shoppers, and burst into a pop-up rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's "Messiah" at 12 noon, to the delight of surprised shoppers.

I just Googled up the official video of this event, credibly described by one observer as “The Event of a Lifetime.” I think that’s an understatement even though I've sung in numerous choirs and watched the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform live in the Tabernacle. Try to imagine being a Macy's shopper when this broke out from the abnormally large crowd surrounding you. Just the thought of that experience made me shed some tears.

Here’s the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU

Imagine being there, and enjoy.

Mike \m/
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see people coming together, to embrace our American culture. I hope no one from the aclu was offended.
feuser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
nice to see people coming together, to embrace our American culture. I hope no one from the aclu was offended.

The ACLU sent old Sir George Handel their best wishes and thanks for the nice score.

You idiot.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

florian
Handel was lucky enough to live before these aholes existed.
I could crash this server with stories of the aclus assault on america.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: