myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Courting Disaster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty..Im sure you're a decent kid. I grew up in the NorthEast, lots of buddies are Massholes like yourself, sister went to Tufts. Is it really worth the effort to engage with liberals like myself, with the sole purpose of "getting under one's skin"?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty..Im sure you're a decent kid. I grew up in the NorthEast, lots of buddies are Massholes like yourself, sister went to Tufts. Is it really worth the effort to engage with liberals like myself, with the sole purpose of "getting under one's skin"?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty--you usually don't post your sources, they're usually you tubes if you do, and you so clearly resent intelligence. It's pretty much fun poking you with a stick. But if you tried some substance, from a credible source, you might get a different response.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But just in case anyone thinks that Thiessen is trying to stay out of jail for crimes against humans as well as nature, here is the Huffington Post's take. Anyone admired by Dick Cheney ought to be in jail beside Dick.;

views750 Marc Thiessen and Jon Stewart
Get Media Alerts

Email Comments 750 Torture thrillist Marc Thiessen's book tour brought him to the set of "The Daily Show" last night, where he was basically eaten alive by Jon Stewart in a contentious interview that ended with Thiessen being the first guest in memory to actually whine about the way the interview went.

Thiessen's arguments were nothing new if you've been reading his recent spate of op-eds, and much of Stewart's pushback probably sounded familiar if you've read my own. Thiessen's basic argument is that you should consider the lawyers who represent detainees to be "al Qaeda lawyers," regardless if the detainees are innocent or guilty or if the truth reveals a lack of connection to al Qaeda. His response to the proud tradition of providing vigorous defense to unsympathetic defendants -- in the manner established by John Adams -- is to indulge in what Matt Yglesias calls "an epic hair-splitting gambit." And he continued to do the same hair-splitting in his insistence that the Gitmo detainees have not been "accused" of anything, so the attorneys who represent them are not performing a Constitutional duty -- rather, they are traitors.

Along the way, Thiessen also slammed interrogator Ali Soufan, who has long insisted that the torture regime that fortifies Thiessen's precious bodily fluids was not effective at gathering intelligence. Thiessen maintained that it was Soufan's techniques that failed.

Stewart objected to the notion that a perfect safety could be achieved, and criticized Thiessen for presenting selective evidence and pretending to know the "equation" by which America can be made safe.

Eventually, the interview wound down to the end of its televised segment, and Stewart averred that they were running out of time and that the full, unexpurgated interview would air online. Apparently, Thiessen isn't much of a new media fan, because he began to get all piss and moan about not getting to speak.

If you discount all the instances where Stewart and Thiessen talk over each other or "banter," you'll see that Thiessen got to speak for about four minutes and forty seconds out of this eleven and a half minute-long clip. So, that's the measure of just how shabbily Thiessen (who frankly has only about two minutes worth of thought rattling around his dome at any given time) was treated. Stewart, of course, apologized, with a measure of sincerity and snark, the balance of which I'll let viewers judge.

Anyway, we'll do our best to make sure that all of the interview gets seen by everyone.

Story continues below
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Hayden, George Tenet, Dennis Blair, leon Panetta, Hillary Clinton, to name a few

your right as always mac, stewart and huffington, are much more believable

Hey Mac
gitmo still open , war over, patriot act still a law ?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Boggsman

Next time your in mass, give that masshole thing a try. I heard those san fran types hate teeth.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on mat-ty. Do you think the gutter game doesn't reflect back poorly on you?

Last edited by swchandler on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im there all the time. I was on da Vineyard in August. My two best college buddies are from Duxbury, and Hingham, my sis went to Tufts, I got a few clients in Boston area, and my best friend growing up lives in Carlisle. Im in your grill all the time, Ive windsurfed in your backyard, driven through your neck of the woods a few million times, had beers in your favorite spots, fished off your favorite shores, and I use the masshole term all the time.
Boggsman-same last name as your favorite chicken eating third baseman.

Last edited by boggsman1 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty seems to think if others do it it is OK for him too.Same with our 14 year olds but the seniors know better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: