myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Dhimmitude and Healthcare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the Limbaugh/oxycodone scenario ultimately proved is that Limbaugh is a hypocrite. But I think most sensible folks realized long before his drug addiction problem that the guy is an arrogant jerk. I would never waste any of my time watching or listening to his ridiculous rants. I have to give some credit though for being able to make millions playing fools.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall his reaction to the death of Jerry Garcia..."just another dead doper" I find that exceptionally ironic because they both had a taste for the same type of dope.

I also love the "accidentally addicted" angle. "Whoops!"

windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...by the way iso, can you get VA disability if you become accidentally addicted?
insh8bl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being addicted isn’t what the hypocrisy is all about, nor is it a crime. Hell, I’m addicted to a few things, windsurfing and Starbucks are just two examples. The reason Rush was charged with fraud was for doctor shopping where he illegally deceived multiple doctors to receive overlapping prescriptions to the tune of about 2000 pills from four different doctors over a six month period. But luckily, for him, he’s white and wealthy so he got a pass.

By the way, everyone wants to know how a guy who gets 100 days a year draws a disability check?
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that his addiction doesn't make him a hypocrite, but acting like some sort of principled character while being an addict behind the scene makes him one. Kind like some of the politicians and preachers out there who were gay, but at the same time voiced strong anti-gay messages.
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insh8bl wrote:
By the way, everyone wants to know how a guy who gets 100 days a year draws a disability check?

Did you know???
VA Disability Compensation Pay:
The amount of basic benefit paid ranges from $123 to over $3,100 per month, depending on your level of disability and number of dependents.
Note: You may be paid additional amounts if:
you have very severe disabilities or loss of limb(s)
you have a spouse, child(ren), or dependent parent(s)
you have a seriously disabled spouse
These benefits are tax-free.

Inquiring minds would like to know more....

MULLDE102f

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on , Mike. We really need an explanation.

You spew endlessly about your vaunted athletic prowess in windsurfing and any other sport you pursue. And at the same time, you tell us you're collecting a taxpayer funded disability payment, while excoriating anyone who dares to propose taking care of the less fortunate in our society.

You are currently looking as hypocritical as Limbaugh and similar characters.

This cancels any possible credibility on your part, particularly given your silence on this issue since it's been raised some time ago.

Let's hear it, bud. I can't wait.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars has been called out, and he's clearly wimping out big time. Where isobars really screwed up is calling attention to an active disability claim that he was making now. Hell, the guy is probably 66 years old now, and he retired at 45.

After all his bragging about his standout performance during much of his life on so many arenas, one has to wonder about an active duty claim originating from so many years ago.

For such an rabid anti-government ideologue, things just don't add up. Is this guy blatantly scamming the system trying to cheat and collect from our government?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Which is worse ... getting accidentally addicted to medical painkillers or doing cocaine recreationally?

Oh, silly me. I forgot whom I'm dealing with. The answer is recreational drugs.

Oh, silly me. I also forgot who your news sources are. Obama admitted in print to using cocaine. Even though he quit (?), it shows a lack of character.

And ... don't bother; the same went for Bush and his alcohol, but Bush isn't running for reelection.
MULLDE102f

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone should notify the VA..........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: