myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Public Education
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fueser said
Quote:
Come on, now, guys - that's way past the line.

Thankyou
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks from me also. That sheet thing was uncalled for.
Iso says the same stuff about white liberals like Gore as well.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm just calling it how I see it based on my personal life experiences. There's no way that I was hitting below the belt. In reality, isobars has created his own cloud. He's been more than critical of President Obama, and that's not an exaggeration on my part.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
sheet thing ...
Iso says the same stuff about white liberals like Gore as well.

I've said anything in any way like "Sheet thing"? KKK? Racist? "White liberals"? Gore? That's a lie and you know it. Your students read this stuff, Dane; Have you no respect at all for them, for yourself, or for truth?
feuser

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso makes every topic about himself - a consequence of his narrative style where personal perspective trumps fact.

If you follow him there, you will not only end up insulting him, but also stop any meaningful discussion in its tracks.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sometimes can be good to get a little background to see the basis for one's opinion. But, it is easy to fall into a narrative of "what works for me works for everyone"

Why I remember when I was a little boy growing up.. Oops Sorry!
jp5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Hey, I'm just calling it how I see it based on my personal life experiences. There's no way that I was hitting below the belt. In reality, isobars has created his own cloud. He's been more than critical of President Obama, and that's not an exaggeration on my part.

Agree 110%. Mad
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
It sometimes can be good to get a little background to see the basis for one's opinion.

That's why I disagree with people who criticize LeeD for listing his credentials. Presuming ... as I do ... that his resume' comments are truthful, they lend a lot of weight to his opinions. Without his horn-tootin' -- which no one's going to do for him -- his advice would carry little weight. With his horn-tootin' -- and CoachG's, and Jingerbitsen's, and Keycocker's and Weiss's any everyone else's who has at one time or another felt compelled to back up their advice with creds -- comes far more weight than I would ascribe to comments from people I know nothing relevant about.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uso said
"said anything in any way like "Sheet thing"? KKK? Racist? "White liberals"? Gore? That's a lie and you know it. Your students read this stuff, Dane; Have you no respect at all for them, for yourself, or for truth?"
He is attacking me for defending him, and seems not to notice.

We all are starting to notice that Iso has no clue what the conversation here is about because he doesn't see some of it. Still an angry expert about these ideas, just doesn't know what they are, so keeps screaming "Liar" and tossing insults.
Here is the funny part-he is mostly mad at me for pointing out that his material is pure Talk Radio. I insult him in no other way. Not my style.
In between hurling insults at me he also points out that his material comes from Talk. It is only insulting if I say it.
When he says he follows talk nonstop he is speaking the totally checked out truth -like he always claims.
Imagine trying to have a conversation when you can't hear a word anyone else says. That takes a lot of practice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: