myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Before you vote next month, consider this ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read an article that was titled "Everyone knows facts have a liberal bias."
They pointed out that the great books and literature from which Western Civilization grew suggest that our way of life was built by waves of liberals.As ideas grew and spread, conservatives fought the good battle against new ideas like democracy and human rights.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
1. Here is a one about joew: "but those are hard, cold facts, as are almost all my posts in this thread. You really ought to pay closer attention to facts if you want to seem like an adult."

2. Here is iso supplying an opinion to everbody while attacking some guy: "Patty Murray's that stupid, and the rest of them think WE'RE that stupid."

3. I won't post the lie he told about boggs opinion

4. or the one where he says Mac robbed a charity which doesn't exist.

5. His insults are so frequent this is easy. Took about two minutes to find, there are so many.

1. FLASH for ya, KC: That entire post speaks for itself, many of the people here can read, and some can even remember or at least find a post just a page ago. You’ll have to do better than claiming that a list of facts from public records is a personal attack, baseless or otherwise. Sorry if my closing tone was a bit haughty, but his past jabs and his accusation that my post was hyperbole opened that door.

2. My God. You don’t even know who Patty Murray is, or about her intellectual reputation in Congress, or that most Dem leaders up to and including the President have said many times in many ways that the Right is stupid, yet you VOTE? You really ought to pay closer attention to facts if you want to seem like an adult.

3. Definition: lie: declarative statement known when made to be false. My comments last year about income taxes, particularly capital gains taxes (which are 100% of many rich people’s taxes), are facts, not opinions. Boggs initially said I was wrong -- a claim of fact, not opinion -- but recanted when I provided irrefutable data. The only place opinion has in this case is regarding all income taxes rather than the significant subset of capital gains taxes; the latter is a lock and the former/broader category is strongly supported by many, maybe most, analysts. If I misrepresented Boggs’ position on the broader income tax issue, it was an error and I genuinely apologize; that’s far easier than finding our original discussion a year or two ago (I know; I looked). But as best as I can tell, the preponderance of the evidence I can find backs up my opinion that higher income taxes usually hurt revenues and are very dangerous, maybe disastrous, during recessions.

4. Either you’re an idiot, or you think everyone else here is. Which is it?

5. When have I ever said no one could ever choose to be insulted by facts I present?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translation.
I am constantly insulting people all right including you in this post but it isn't my fault because I am always right.
Sad.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"1. FLASH for ya, KC: That entire post speaks for itself, many of the people here can read, and some can even remember or at least find a post just a page ago. You’ll have to do better than claiming that a list of facts from public records is a personal attack, baseless or otherwise. Sorry if my closing tone was a bit haughty, but his past jabs and his accusation that my post was hyperbole opened that door.

2. My God. You don’t even know who Patty Murray is, or about her intellectual reputation in Congress, or that most Dem leaders up to and including the President have said many times in many ways that the Right is stupid, yet you VOTE? You really ought to pay closer attention to facts if you want to seem like an adult.

3. Definition: lie: declarative statement known when made to be false. My comments last year about income taxes, particularly capital gains taxes (which are 100% of many rich people’s taxes), are facts, not opinions. Boggs initially said I was wrong -- a claim of fact, not opinion -- but recanted when I provided irrefutable data. The only place opinion has in this case is regarding all income taxes rather than the significant subset of capital gains taxes; the latter is a lock and the former/broader category is strongly supported by many, maybe most, analysts. If I misrepresented Boggs’ position on the broader income tax issue, it was an error and I genuinely apologize; that’s far easier than finding our original discussion a year or two ago (I know; I looked). But as best as I can tell, the preponderance of the evidence I can find backs up my opinion that higher income taxes usually hurt revenues and are very dangerous, maybe disastrous, during recessions.

4. Either you’re an idiot, or you think everyone else here is. Which is it?

5. When have I ever said no one could ever choose to be insulted by facts I present?"

The weasel hard at work.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda funny -you guys insult iso the same way they do Palin-by quoting him word for word.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Page 40 of 40

Jump to: