myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Before you vote next month, consider this ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever works, dood.
MULLDE102f

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Steve

Keep poking those sticks at Mike, he just can't help himself. He's now over 5% of all the posts on Iwindsurf, I bet we can get him to 10% if we try.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
isobars wrote:
keycocker wrote:
If Bush had privatized any part of our money ,it would have been gone in the economic crash his policies caused.

• Bush simply pushed the OPTION of our investing a measly 10% of SS.

• O has spent/obligated more money than his 43 predecessors combined.

• I have lost less than 10% over the past few years. No one makes us invest in obvious bubbles.

#1 and #2 are lies.
Bush's terms added 4.3TR of debt to us tab, Obama is at 2.6, and the first year was a 1.2 TR deficit that was unavoidable due to previous obligations and tax revenue falling of a cliff.
Most of the American Enterprise, Hoover Institute SS reform measures has anywhere from 20-50% of ones SS going to a private account. I remember, Im a Wall Streeter, I was drooling.
BTW, ISO you're down 10% performance is weak. 2009, and 2010 have been blowout years for many asset classes, in all our accounts , our clients are net positive after the 2008 disaster.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Funny thing, the new york times, boston globe, and many other liberal rags are on life support, and Fox is soaring!

Paul should watch Fox once in a while, he may be surprised at how critical they can be towards republicans. Unlike madcow, olbermann, and cnn, (i do think Anderson is fair), Fox brings in tough liberals, like Bob Beckel, Colmes, and others, to at least bring some balance.
Ted Turner never had any influence over at cnn, right?

All newspapers are troubled, but funny thing, The Washington Times, Rev Sun Yung Moons extreme Right Rag is bankrupt. Comparing print with cable news is not meaningful, but Ive never seen any valuable content from you, matty.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman
How about Fox is beating the snort out of its cable competition!
But, to be fair, it may be because fox gives us FOXES, opposed to an angry, lesbian elitist, that looks like a boy scout.
I will bet you a volcano pad, that the boston globes liberal ways have hurt there numbers tremendously.
Are you saying camel toe song is not valuable content?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both, strike me more as entertainment than news.

Sure, there is content, in both, but a lot of BS you have to endure to get to it.

Try the Wall Street Journal web page (not you Boggsman, you probably already know about it). There are some great links, that have other links to some pretty balanced, (in my view), news and opinions. Another good source, in my view, is "Real Clear Politics". You can read Rove and Reid back to back.

And no, ISO, I am not going to list all those links.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the scenery, dont get me wrong. Fox is beating its competition for a number of reasons, a couple I dont get. I can only watch about 15 minutes of nightime cable news, I just hate the back and forth negativity. The average primetime FN viewer watches 3 hours +, according to Nielson. I dont know why conservatives love cable news and talk radio, and liberals like me would rather read the paper and go for a bike ride or windsurf. I gave you proof that liberal/conservative does not factor into financial success when it comes to print. If that were the case NWS would be a great stock instead of a POS, and Washington Times is bankrupt.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree , if you listen to the yakkers to much, you will lose your mind.
THANK GOD IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MULLDE102f wrote:
1. Keep poking those sticks at Mike

2. He's now over 5% of all the posts on Iwindsurf, I bet we can get him to 10% if we try.

1. Yeah, Muledeer … that’s the spirit of windsurfing and windsurfing forums, all right. It’s all about sharp sticks, isn’t it?

Lessee … your iW contribution to the sport and its practitioners so far consists of what … “Get a radio”, “I’ve sailed there”, and about 16 variations on the theme, “Fuck off, Mike”? What the hell’s wrong with You People?

2. Oooooohhh ... a whopping 1.6 posts a day. The horror! You sound like one of those greedy puzzlewits who thinks the income gap not only matters, but is not fair and should be legislated out of existence as Obama told Charlie Gibson he would do despite that legislation’s harm to our economy. Unfortunately, that’s one campaign promise he’s keeping.

As for your previous chickenhawk accusation regarding me and W … Chickenhawk refers to a politician, bureaucrat, or commentator who strongly supports a war or other military action, yet who actively avoided military service when of age.
• Where have I strongly supported war, a war, or military action?
• Please don’t inform the Air Force that I avoided military service; they might take back my pension.
• Be sure to have them change their vision requirements that kept me out of the cockpit; we need more fighter jocks with substandard color and depth perception.
• Bush voluntarily joined the reserves in a unit deployed in Viet Nam. Was it his fault it rotated stateside before he got his wings?
• Reserve units often defeat active duty units in head-to-head mock combat such as Top Gun.
• It's a commander-in-chief's DUTY to wage war if a propenderance of data indicates it is warranted. All you and I know about what he knew is what the idiot media told us.
• I presume you know that the Boston Globe reporter who first accused Bush of going AWOL admitted in print that he fabricated the entire story on a lark.

Last edited by isobars on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Try the Wall Street Journal web page

You might want to rethink that. These guys claim the WSJ is a right wing rag, and by implication that nothing printed therein is credible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 4 of 40

Jump to: