myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
obamas freeloading aunt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Thanks

You might want to read this paragraph, added since you read the post:

Why listen to any conservative or centrist news, news analysis, or opinion shows? Because the good ones introduce and discuss topics and facts we do not hear on the very left-leaning mainstream media for weeks or months, if at all. Many important news stories detrimental to the liberal cause are not covered until, sometimes unless, neutral or conservative sources embarrass the left into mentioning them begrudgingly, briefly, and only with great bias. How much, and when, for example, did the mainstream media discuss the highly authoritative congressional testimony lambasting the DOJ for deliberately and institutionally prohibiting voter intimidation prosecution if the victims are white but pushing it hard if the victims are minority? Have you seen on NBC the armed, uniformed, BIG Black Panther goons threatening whites trying to cast votes? Has Olbermann aired one of those same Panthers bullhorning exhortations of the public to start killing crackers and their babies? Did Maddow reveal the expert firsthand testimony that after those Panthers plead guilty to the charges, Holder ordered the DOJ to drop the charges, citing a claim that voter rights apply only to minorities? Maybe more important in the grand scheme of news bias, when did any of this sordid, shameful story air on the alphabet "news" channels ... last week? It's been on Fox for nearly a year.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - still thanks.

I wanted to find out who a TR is discussing the socio-economic and medical costs of the Iraq and Afgan war, and I think you answered the question.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting that specific, I'd guess Savage, Ingraham, Beck, and especially Rusty Humphries hit it pretty hard on TR.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso like to lecture in great detail about the things on real news media, and then remind us he has not ever seen any.
He heard it on talk radio.
AS long as you believe talk then you are an expert on everything.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty whined:
Quote:
Mac , always with the personal attacks. It must be such a burden to always be the smartest guy in the room. Do you hold your head up and give that glare of supremacy like obama does?

Matty--if you're in the room I guarantee you I'm smarter than at least one. But for personal attacks, who started with major insults about Obama, his aunt, all liberals, and then wanted to say I wear skirts because I think torture is evil? You can dish it out but can't take it? What a punk. Start with insults and guess what you reap? Do you actually want to defend torture? Are you going to tell me that we didn't torture a number of people to death? That would be wrong. Are you going to try to tell me that it wasn't new policyl, insisted on by Cheney? That would also be wrong. Are you going to try to tell me it was effective? That would also be wrong. And if you think it was American policy before Bush and Cheney you are a fool.

Argue with me like someone who actually has some point to make and you might get an adult response. Until then, check your own panties--looks like they're in a twist.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 hour cable news? No thanks.

When considering TV options, why not begin by concentrating on the PBS New Hour, to include the non-biased and informative interviews with very notable guests on the Charlie Rose show?

No need to hang 24/7 with cable news, which is bent more on entertainment and tweaked opinion broadcasting.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iso lists of the best source of truth is entirely media outlets. He loves the news and believes therein lies the truth.
I'm with Chandler on that I don't trust the news much.
feuser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who says you have to watch the news instead of reading it?

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
iso lists of the best source of truth is entirely media outlets.

And therein lies KC's credibility gap. He doesn't understand the difference between "the media" and the Census Bureau, the IRS, the GAO, factcheck.org, the CBO, Snopes, et.al.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: