myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Can someone write the Moron some new material.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said jibes. But, does it matter?
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone read isobars huge tome on jibing?

windoggie posted it some time ago, but I think it was from some earlier time when isobars couldn't restrain himself from liberally spilling his personal secrets about the art. Without a doubt, it reveals isobars' mind. One must personally judge its value, if they can suffer through it. But seeing and reading it definitely lets one know where isobars is really coming from.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars lies. He misrepresents his sources, including the Hillary Clinton questioning cited here--the dialogue isn't remotely what Iso claimed. Misrepresented what Singer said in a PBS interview, and freaked when I actually read it and called me a liar. Earlier in this thread misrepresented the actual literature on education and funding.

Why? One theory is that he lives in a black and white world. Another is that he reads so selectively that only that material which agrees with his world view makes it through his filters. Matters not, his interpretations can't be trusted and he usually doesn't cite his sources because he's been caught exagerating or completely mispresenting them too many times.
LHDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about Obama policies, Isobars wrote:
Proposing to build a half-trillion-dollars-a-year Hitlerian Youth Corps with the power of the U.S. military to push a partisan agenda at the expense of the taxpayer, is CENTRISM? [..]

Google Obama's Civilian National Security Force and tell me how it will differ from the Youth Corps or, in construction if not immediate function, from Saddam's inner security force. [..]
So Isobars said that Obama proposed to build a $500 billion/year Hitlerian Youth Corps with the power of the U.S. military that would be in construction, if not immediate function, similar to Saddam's inner security force. He may say that was not a lie. Perhaps, he will be generous and divulge that it was one of his so-called exaggerations "for obvious effect" and therefore justified.

However, I imagine an ignorant fellow (let's say "Tea Party" material) taking statements like this for granted and without a giant grain of salt. This person won't vote for Obama anymore, since even he may get the idea that anything that has to do with Hitler can't be good for the country. I think this is exactly how corrupt politicians (or worse) who are good at the propaganda game can get elected and ruin countries.

I consider any serious Hitler-Obama comparison asinine propaganda of the worst kind. Unfortunately, it exemplifies (to me, at least) the tone of many of Isobars' political posts.
-lhdr
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
"with Blizzak tires it accelerates at about 80% of that level on a foot of snow"

"Besides, I can't imagine a tack being any quicker than a slogging pivot jibe or a full speed but very tight planing jibe. Ya just swish yer hips and throw the sail simultaneously and yer on the new reach with no loss of speed"

Now, where I come from, these would be exaggerations.[/quote]

You've obviously not driven a Subaru. That is my best, most honest estimate, based on deliberate near full-throttle testing from stop lights and passing other cars up hills. I suspect an Outback would take full throttle with very little slippage and no loss of directional stability, but that's not likely with a WRX on full turbo boost in 1st or 2nd w/0 electronic stability control.

Google Mike Fick's Jibe Tips; that's how I jibe. I don't like to waste time, space, speed, or unnecessary falls with the usual drudgery of consciously mashing my inside foot on the rail, bearing off the wind, negotiating heavy chop, handling the boom and/or mast, swinging the barn door around some imaginary hinge line, performing a ritual dance with my feet, pumping back onto a plane, and steering back towards the new beam reach. In the time i takes to enunciate SWISH, THROW, THROW, GRAB, and GO -- roughly the space of two normal heartbeats, I'd estimate, as it's just one fluid motion -- I've gone from the incoming beam reach to sheeted in on the outgoing broad reach, and often gained speed in the process. That, or I've crashed because my timing and balance are impaired.

No exaggeration.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subaru - owned one, blizzaks, live at 9000 ft., ski 40 days per year.
80% accelaration in snow - no - not unless you've got a lemon.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lemon I won't complain about.

And what makes your estimate more accurate than mine? You're probably on snow over a base of ice or hardpacked snow; my pavement was bare asphalt before the foot of fairly dry snow fell.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obamas stimulus money went into developing this new phone app for the masses.

Hopefully they'll be too busy using this to vote.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR wrote:
Talking about Obama policies, Isobars wrote:
Proposing to build a half-trillion-dollars-a-year Hitlerian Youth Corps with the power of the U.S. military to push a partisan agenda at the expense of the taxpayer, is CENTRISM? [..]

Google Obama's Civilian National Security Force

So Isobars said that Obama proposed to build a $500 billion/year Hitlerian Youth Corps with the power of the U.S. military that would be in construction, if not immediate function, similar to Saddam's inner security force. He may say that was not a lie. Perhaps, he will be generous and divulge that it was one of his so-called exaggerations "for obvious effect" and therefore justified.

Didn't Google it, did you? I'll save you the trouble: watch the video at
http://tinyurl.com/4vycav
and remember that I posted greater details earlier and wasn't about to repeat the whole thing for people not paying attention.

Furthermore, from the Washington Times at http://tinyurl.com/24uua3l

"Among the most wasteful of the spending increases hidden in President Obama's 2011 budget proposal is his plan to create an army of government-funded community organizers at the shocking price of $1.4 billion. While the economy reels and many taxpayers are looking for ways to trim their personal spending, the president is demanding a whopping 59 percent boost for the Corporation for National and Community Service and its best-known program, AmeriCorps. It's time to pull the plug on both.

The spirit of volunteerism has never been in short supply in America, and there is no need for a federal community service agency to steer efforts better handled in the private sector. Youth who enlist in AmeriCorps receive education grants, living allowances, student-loan repayment, child care and other financial benefits. The average annual cost to taxpayers is $10,752 for each of these so-called volunteers. Doling out more than a billion dollars in taxpayer funds to pay "volunteers" is contrary to the very meaning of the word.

The long list of benefits succeeded in attracting 20,000 recruits after President Clinton created AmeriCorps in 1993. Mr. Obama's stated goal is to raise that number to a quarter-million by 2017. It's clear why the president wants to give a boost to this outfit, and the reasons are political - not charitable.

Rep. Virginia Foxx, North Carolina Republican, attempted last year to prohibit groups "engaged in political or legislative advocacy" from receiving taxpayer dollars through AmeriCorps. The left saw this as a direct attack on what has become a prime source of income and blocked the effort. As a result, the state of Oregon hosts on its official Web site a job listing for an AmeriCorps "volunteer" to accept an $11,100 living allowance and a $4,725 education award to work full time for a local Planned Parenthood office. The position requires a "commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood," which - among other things - is to maximize the number of abortions performed by Planned Parenthood. Support in the past also has gone to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) and various homosexual advocacy groups.

This is the fundamental problem when government gets in the business of deciding which charitable efforts are worth supporting. The inevitable result is that politically correct causes will dominate, to the detriment of true community service that can only exist in the private sphere. Thousands of worthy charities, churches and other true volunteer groups are looking for eager young workers, but they can hardly compete with lavish federal subsidies that boost government's liberal pet causes. So instead of learning the ropes under the instruction of real charities, a legion of 250,000 "volunteers" can learn to become dependent upon the federal government.

To make matters worse, the Obama administration in June fired AmeriCorps Inspector General Gerald Walpin after he opened an investigation into the use of "volunteers" to do such important public service as washing the car of a friend of the president.

AmeriCorps and the Corporation for National and Community Service can't be shut down soon enough."

Then there are accusations I've not bothered to verify (that's why I urged you to Google the issue) that both Americorps' and Obama's community organizing efforts focused on getting Democrats out to vote. Is that a legitimate use for tax dollars?
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Did I mention his claim to never insult others?

Find us an example of that claim, and post it in its entirety. You'll see your claim is wrong on several accounts, and I submit that you know that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19

Jump to: