myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Can someone write the Moron some new material.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 1, KC ... Jan 1.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Their reaction to your points fall into one of two camps:
1. So what? That's a good thing. We love Karl Marx.
2. What you're saying is false simply because Fox News or Talk Radio covered it. "

When you supply folks with an opinion it is easy to attack their new opinion. as you noticed on Talk Radio, but it really wastes your time.
When something is stated on Talk Radio or on Comedy Channel Daily Show or the National Inquirer, it may or may not be true. I seems to me that these non fact based entertainment media usually mix some fact with a lot of invented BS.
Only one of these media has anyone fooled into thinking they are hearing fact checked material or real news.
You ever notice how the opinions of real human beings sound so much more reasonable than the ones supplied to them?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$338 billion - Bush tax cuts expire
$179 billlion - eliminate itemized deduction
$118 billion - capital gains tax hike

Total: $636 billion/10 years

2) Businesses:

$17 billion - Reinstate Superfund taxes
$24 billion - tax carried-interest as income
$5 billion - codify "economic substance doctrine"
$61 billion - repeal LIFO
$210 billion - international enforcement, reform deferral, other tax reform
$4 billion - information reporting for rental payments
$5.3 billion - excise tax on Gulf of Mexico oil and gas
$3.4 billion - repeal expensing of tangible drilling costs
$62 million - repeal deduction for tertiary injectants
$49 million - repeal passive loss exception for working interests in oil and natural gas properties
$13 billion - repeal manufacturing tax deduction for oil and natural gas companies
$1 billion - increase to 7 years geological and geophysical amortization period for independent producers
$882 million - eliminate advanced earned income tax credit

Total: $353 billion/10 years

Ad to this the healthcare taxes that are already being collected, and the cap and trade taxes that will effect all poor people, and then expect that businesses will pass on the above tax increases to their customers, or go out of business. Then ad all the new regulatory costs that will also be passed on to people. What do you get? A big fucking mess.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard said ..."the socializing of our health-care system".

BTW, in 2005, the contribution that was paid by the governments (state, local, federal) of the total health care expenditures in this country was 46%.

Sounds like this "socializing" was well on it's way during the Bush reign.

I am curious. I have listened some to FOX radio; but really can't take the shouting long enough to hear everything that is said. So, I am ignorant on a particular subject. (Not healthcare BTW). That is the "destruction of our personal liberties".

What liberties and how? I support gun rights - they are intact. I support freedom of speech - ditto. I support birth control choice - O.K. I support freedom to travel throughtout the country. I support freedom to worship or not.

But, enough folks seem to think we will loose this. What legislation has been presented by the Obama Adiministration (not congress) that supports these claims. Loss of these freedoms terrifies me and I really want specific information.

And, for now, please leave health care off the table in any responses. That's a subject onto itself.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres' a "health care TAX"? Or do you mean part of the budget? I know there is a medicare tax, but so far, I have not gotten a tax bill for health care and did not see it itemized on my health insurance bill. And, my wife has not been collecting at the time of service. So, what does that mean?
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...where did you clip that from? It's worth saving! It defines the term "over the top"."

I'm with you windoggie. It really amazes me that some folks like isobars and Bard get so terribly twisted and bent that they actually believe such nonsense. Of course, for Bard it could be "just for fun" like he said just to screw with folks, but with isobars it's a different matter. He absolutely believes the nonsense, to include harboring an ugly burning hate for so many things that he can't even begin to contain himself.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the 12 billon, yes 12 billion, Obama just took from the food stamp progam. And guess were it went, to the teachers union, so they can pay there dues , to give the dems money for there war chest.
I guess poor people do not vote , and the media covered his ass.
I am sure none of you libs heard about this, that state controlled media only reports positive stories about the great one(zero).

OBAMA STARVES THE POOR DURING RECESSION, TO FIGHT REPUBLICANS!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding, is the money went to school districts to help them retain teachers that they did not want to lay off - not directly to the teachers union.

It is inflammatory to suggest feds are giving money directly to the unions.

I agree, in general, with you regarding some aspects of the bailout bill. A lot of it is feel good money and does have political intentions. Big surprise that this happens in Washington?

On the other hand, funding for programs that benefit the middle class (teachers) during a stimulus package has a lot of benefits.

Other portions of the bill included funding for buildings, bridges and public infrastructure; including structures that I am currently designing.

I guess I better take some of the money I'm getting and pay taxes to provide money to feed the needy. Oh wait - I am.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IViTNksljI0

Here is another person that believes the nonsense.
I guess there are at least four of us now!

How many of you libs have seen this? Check out the moonbats in the background, priceless!
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Moonbats" in the background? Seems to me the folks in the background are simply American people. From my point of view, I think both the lady voicing her viewpoint and the president participated in a rational discourse. While the president and his administration can't guarantee a perfect future, especially with all the things that put us in the positions we are today, I personally think he's made headway.

You might differently, and seemingly you do, I guess it's up to you to make a sensible pitch that highlights the paths you feel are right. I would suggest that you backup your positions with credible support that adds up. Flaming nonsense simply doesn't do that, regardless of the numbers you can conjure up voicing it.

Earlier I offered my opinion about letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire across the board, even for the middle class. The reasoning behind my position is that we need to begin the task of paying down our debts. While it might be arguable how much revenue will be gained over the next 10 years by letting Bush's temporary tax cuts expire, there's little doubt that it could be as much as a couple of trillion.

Nobody wants to reach into their pocket and go back to paying the same tax obligations that were paid during the Clinton presidency, but that's the responsible thing to do. I have no valid information or data that supports a position that continuing a stance of lower tax revenues will begin paying back our existing debit or generate more jobs or onshore manufacturing here in America. If the Bush Tax Cuts made a stronger America, it surely isn't apparent to me. Our current economy unfortunately supports that, even before the Obama Administration stepped onto the scene.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19

Jump to: