myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Can someone write the Moron some new material.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote
isobars wrote:

Are you’re saying I lie, that I exaggerate, or just that I make unintentional misstatements of fact? Do you plan to back your accusation up with facts, or will you just leave it there like a turd on the dinner table like the last couple of hundred similar accusations from dozens of people who were also unable to back up the first two and the 99.5% who were unable to even show unintentional misstatements of substantial facts?

I don’t lie, and I exaggerate only for obvious effect (e.g., “so fast your shadow can’t keep up”). Anything I’ve represented as fact in this or any of the other half dozen recreation and medical forums I’ve frequented is pretty well checked out in advance. I can prove or substantively support most of what I’ve represented as fact, I can support my personal opinions with logical rationale, and I try very hard do distinguish between the two, so your work is cut out for you.

Please do me, yourself, and this forum this favor:
1. a. Show us a specific copied and pasted example of any lie or
significant exaggeration I’ve knowingly represented as fact,

OK, you wrote this, "And even without oil, without Al Qaeda, at what point DO we exert force to stop an dictator who is trying very hard to equal Adolph Hitler in his murderous insanity? Given his history, I'd bet Saddam would have done FAR more harm than he has if we weren't sitting on top of him. Why else would he be amassing such huge quantities of WMD even a decade after using them on his own countrymen, enough to kill the world's population several times over?"

isobars wrote:
b. in full context with a link to same,
c. without the distortions, outright fabrications, or redefinitions of words so lamely presented by the small handful of your predecessors who have even tried to support similar accusations.

Sure! Here you go: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.windsurfing/browse_frm/thread/6748c916fd60b295/3d2ef04a1c3eb18b?hl=en&tvc=1&q=isobars#3d2ef04a1c3eb18b That is from rec.windsurfing on December 1, 2002 posted at 12:55 a.m. (Google time)

isobars wrote:
2. Better yet, show us how I was wrong by proving so.

OK. Your then-favorite guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSN-Kku_rFE

isobars wrote:
3. Even better, show that I knew or should have known it was wrong when I posted it.

In late 2002, nobody in the public knew whether or not Iraq possessed WMDs. In fact, Iraq was given a deadline of early December to declare any and all active WMD programs, and provided its report to the UN on December 7, 2002. Yet, you then claimed 5 days earlier that Iraq was "amassing huge quantities" of the stuff! I think that is reason to say you
"knew or should have known" about the problem with asserting that Iraq possessed WMD's at the time of your post.

isobars wrote:
Otherwise, you look like all the other baseless, ball-less, ad hominem $#!+slingers defacing this forum with their juvenile and hollow “Liar, neocon, pants on fire” mantra. SNIP

I smell smoke. Mike, please check your cuffs.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bit of salt".

My Irish Grandmother (daughter of immigrants - so maybe not trustworthy) explained it as "accept it but be skeptical".

Would you have it any other way?
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone here questions the fact that I've still got you by the balls concerning your lie about the Senator Clinton and General Petraeus hearing. Literally caught red handed at the time making up a lie about what Clinton said, and I succinctly made my point at the time by using the YouTube video that you yourself posted for all to see. And even though I gave you a reasonable face saving escape to change your story, you didn't have the integrity to admit your falsehood and move on. Even to this day you can't face the truth about what you did. Sorry dude, you can't just brush the dirt under the rug. Too many folks saw you do it.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a copout, IMO. Even though your Grandmother apparently feels "take it with a grain of salt" is not derogatory, and although I agree no one should blindly accept another's word on anything important, the term generally disparages one's honesty and/or accuracy. Many readers justifiably regard it as at least deception, probably passive aggression.
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
.. Many readers justifiably regard it as at least deception, probably passive aggression.

I don't..but my grandmother was Irish. Shocked

Not that you'll read this you putz.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso said "Are you’re saying I lie, that I exaggerate, or just that I make unintentional misstatements of fact"

Hmm

"with Blizzak tires it accelerates at about 80% of that level on a foot of snow"

"Besides, I can't imagine a tack being any quicker than a slogging pivot jibe or a full speed but very tight planing jibe. Ya just swish yer hips and throw the sail simultaneously and yer on the new reach with no loss of speed"
[/quote]

Now, where I come from, these would be exaggerations. Since I just started reading the political forums (reading the other forums for years as a guest), I'm supposed to assume everything you say is fully vetted. I take these comments, and others, with a bit of salt. And not just yours, BTW.

Now, I have to get back to my reading assignment.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That tacking with no loss of speed These racers in Maui REALLY want to know how to do that.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I make unintentional misstatements of fact"
These statements are frequent and always come with a caveat that every fact is totally checked out and accurate, which gives folks a bad impression of him.
Later he will tell you that it was all proven ,just look in the archives when in fact it was entirely an error on iso part.
He often states how right he is about everything,facts always on his side. Selective memory.

Did I mention his claim to never insult others?
"----Otherwise, you look like all the other baseless, ball-less, ad hominem $#!+slingers defacing this forum with their juvenile and hollow “Liar, neocon, pants on fire” mantra. "
You can find quotes like this all day long. but we don't bother because iso already knows he does this.

Last edited by keycocker on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keycocker said "That tacking with no loss of speed These racers in Maui REALLY want to know how to do that."

I didn't see a link for that bold statment!
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that crossed.Were those jibes with no lack of speed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 13 of 19

Jump to: