myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windfsurf Board Repair
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skywalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Windfsurf Board Repair Reply with quote

Does anybody out there know of a board repair person around the delta?
2bluehawaiins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Board repair Reply with quote

I would start with Delta windsurf co ! If they don't they would know a local repair service?

IMG_0416.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  479.73 KB
 Viewed:  19582 Time(s)

IMG_0416.JPG

bgreene

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: board repair Reply with quote

Derek at Delta Windsurf will know, he's out of town though til next week, email him at info@deltawindsurf.com

Or if it's not too complicated, try it yourself. Here's a link to my blog with a basic repair I did to a soft spot that didn't interfere the foostrap screws or fin box or mast track. It'll keep you entertained in the off season!!

http://norcalfiles.blogspot.com/2010/05/windsurf-board-repair.html

Cheers,
Brett
dinoman8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: board repair Reply with quote

Hey Ted where is the rig parked??

Looks nice..
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind shipping your board down to the L.A. area, check this out~
http://www.stickyfingersrepair.com/
This is the guy that took over the business from 'Eva the board lady',
http://www.boardlady.com/
who retired from the business, a woman with a great reputation that extends thruout the state.
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Delta board repair Reply with quote

Kevin 925-783-8612 jsboardrepair@yahoo.com
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: board repair Reply with quote

bgreene wrote:
Derek at Delta Windsurf will know, he's out of town though til next week, email him at info@deltawindsurf.com

Or if it's not too complicated, try it yourself. Here's a link to my blog with a basic repair I did to a soft spot that didn't interfere the foostrap screws or fin box or mast track. It'll keep you entertained in the off season!!

http://norcalfiles.blogspot.com/2010/05/windsurf-board-repair.html

Cheers,
Brett

Brett,
Couldn't you have just drilled 3-4 holes on the perimiter, and then shot the foam into them? Just thinking if this method would work for me.

I used to inject 2 part epoxy into perimiter holes and clamp the board until cured. Make 4 small fiberglass repairs, and spray paint.
S
89Spring

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm sent
bgreene

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: injection repair Reply with quote

Steven,
I have done the hole and epoxy repair before on a large delamination with limited success. This particular repair was a crack in addition to the delamination so needed to be patched as well. The delamination was a result of compression of the core foam under my toes.
When I did the hole and epoxy injection, I even injected to several holes, taped off each one, then pulled a vacuum on the vent plug to suck the delamed section down on the foam. It was a bit pretty easy but didn't last that long.
MrFish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorilla glue.

This stuff sets by water activation.

Dry as well as you can, and drill a few holes, put in the glue, and spread it as well as you can below the glass-you can pump the soft section a bit so the glue spreads nicely. Tape the holes, if you care how it's gonna look. Then weight it with something (I've used 10 pound weights from a barbell). If the problem is on a curve, may need some tinkering before hand so that the weight can be placed correctly.

Done.

3M 5200 would probably do the job as well, but it's overkill and very, very permanent--it'll outlast the rest of the board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: