myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trusts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Death panels" refer more to health care rationing than to assisted suicide. Both have begun, and both have their place if defined and managed well.

Mike
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of focus on the negatives, rightly so, Medicare/SS is 90% of the battle with regards to spending, but the elected career congressman wont touch it.
The positives are substantial. The US is selling more Citi today, at a tidy profit. The Geithner plan to buy stakes in the financials last spring was a huge success, for the makrets and the taxpayers. Balance sheets are strong as a result and eventually , employment will follow, it always does. Historically the third year of a presidential term is a winner, both for the markets, and the president. Think ,1995, 2003.
feuser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
"Death panels" refer more to health care rationing than to assisted suicide. Both have begun, and both have their place if defined and managed well.

Mike

Oh, okay. You call it "Death Panel" if the government mandates healthcare performance goals, and legitimate "rationing" if coverage is denied for-profit industry?

Let us be clear: The term "Death Panel" was always a deliberate misrepresentation, an attack by Betsy McCaughey, of the requirement to cover end-of-life counseling.

Anyone who is still crying "death panel" is putting themselves into the same group with the yahoos who still believe Obama is a Kenyan muslim out to establish Marxism in the US.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/

Last edited by feuser on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad died of lung cancer. Chemotherapy extended his life by probably 6 to 18 months--but he slept most of the time because of the effects of chemotherapy. Chemotherapy probably killed my mother when she was terminal with colon cancer. I would be very careful myself about whether or not to elect to take these drugs, and I think that full information would have allowed them to make better decisions and probably have a more enjoyable last year. It probably will also save money, but the quality of life issues are much more profound. To make a political football out of this is despicable. But I would expect no better from Iso.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: