myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How"s that Tea Party thing workin' out for ya?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 1057

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The president is at the top , and should at least on the outside be the leader of all Americans, not just people that are on his side. Talk show host, are (TALK SHOW HOST) not so sure I would put them in the same context. Boehner and company are doing exactly what they should be doing, pushing back against the biggest spender in the history of mankind. What would you like them to do, sit back and let the spendaholic, and pay for it later dems, spend us into oblivion. NO THANKS!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
feuser



Joined: 29 Oct 2002
Posts: 1393

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Feuser said:
Quote:
Cain created jobs by cutting his operation by 50%?

You just won't give up!

Any rational business man like Cain had two options when the market for his pizza was in a downward spiral. He could maintain all of his outlets and personnel and hope things get better, or he could cut the unprofitable outlets and staff, come up with a new marketing plan and keep the company in business, providing jobs for at least half of his people, and hoping to rebuild the business back to where it was.

The other option, forge ahead and likely go bankrupt and EVERYONE loses their job.

Too bad our government doesn't operate like a rational business. Total collapse is a real possibility if it doesn't wise up.

When your wheels are falling of, you don't keep driving.


No, I won't give up on calling out bullshit.

Mister Pillsbury (?) is an Entrepreneur. He's the one who created jobs. Mister Cain on the other hand fired people. He might have saved the business that way, but
a. that was not what was claimed,
b. it's a measure of last resort.

Either Cain didn't have the skills to make the operation profitable without chopping it down, or - as you claim - there simply was no market for the product. We'll never know.

_________________
florian - ny22

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pueno



Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2575

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feuser wrote:
Mister Cain on the other hand fired people.

He took a page from Mitt Romney's playbook, "Here's how I pocketed millions at Bain Capital by laying off American workers."

OK, let's elect ourselves a terrific JOB CREATOR.

And we wonder why people are protesting?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 1442

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since some of you guys have all the answers for fixing companies having financial problems, why don't you offer up some constructive solutions to the US Postal Service that is now a sinking ship.

http://spectator.org/blog/2011/10/13/usps-demand-for-85-billion-bai

Check out what the unions have done for our mail service and see what they want for a solution - Gee, let me guess, another bail out, how about 85 billion? Good news is that the GAO isn't buying it, but Obama is willing to toss them a 6.9 billion cookie, which will do what? Postpone the inevitable?

When the market isn't there, you cut and that's what is going to happen regardless of union contracts. Maybe you guys are OK with your tax dollars going into the pockets of workers that don't have anything to do but take breaks and eat lunch because there isn't enough mail to keep them busy.

I hate to see anyone get laid off because there isn't enough work, but I also don't want to pay people for not working.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 13803

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I also don't want to pay people for not working.


Then fire the Democratic Party, because it does. That's how it buys their votes, which more than swing their election victories.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpbassking



Joined: 19 May 1998
Posts: 2352
Location: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then why aren't you a democrat Heir Fick? You seem to fit the demographic. After all, our taxes are paying for you to go windsurfing.
_________________
{JP:}====****
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpbassking



Joined: 19 May 1998
Posts: 2352
Location: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
.. Boehner and company are doing exactly what they should be doing, pushing back against the biggest spender in the history of mankind. What would you like them to do, sit back and let the spendaholic, and pay for it later dems, spend us into oblivion. NO THANKS!!!!


Where were you Tea Party types when GWB took a balanced budget from slick Willy and turned it into an enormous deficit?

http://www.visualeconomics.com/presidential-spending-expenditures-by-year/

_________________
{JP:}====****
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 3473
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
.. Boehner and company are doing exactly what they should be doing, pushing back against the biggest spender in the history of mankind. What would you like them to do, sit back and let the spendaholic, and pay for it later dems, spend us into oblivion. NO THANKS!!!!


Where were you Tea Party types when GWB took a balanced budget from slick Willy and turned it into an enormous deficit?

http://www.visualeconomics.com/presidential-spending-expenditures-by-year/

They were in power, and didnt care, because...well, they were in power, thats why.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 5687

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding USPS, my experience with their home delivery service has been quite good, and I have no complaints. The carriers are timely, cooperative and very helpful. However, going to the post office can be a bit frustrating because of the lines. Fortunately though, the post office has streamlined the process of getting stamps by automating the process. These days I can simply use my debit card to take care of business, so I no longer have to worry about having the right change. To be fair about the hassle of waiting in lines, it really isn't any different going to FED-X, UPS or even the supermarket.

Unfortunately, the broad base opportunities offered by the internet to communicate with others, pay your bills, and conduct business have greatly reduced the volume of mail today. That will impact the USPS in the future, and that will likely result in the end of Saturday mail delivery, closure of low volume facilities, and it will certainly lead to a reduction in the work force. However, USPS provides a required service like so many other government related services like police, fire departments, and the US military just to name a few. It can be argued that any of these operations could have many folks sitting on their ass waiting for something to happen. Needless to say though, that's not necessary a good reason to flip out and cut the crap out of everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 1442

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no gripe with the Postal Service, accept for the lines in the post office that are long and slow to move. Usually in retail, if the lines get longer, more service staff show up to speed things up. Customer relations! I don't see that in the post office. On the other hand, UPS does know how to provide customer service, which is another reason the USPS is losing money!

To be fair, I learned more about the financial situation of the USPS.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/five-things/the-u-s-postal-service/11433/

It seems that they do make 1 billion profit annually on the mail delivery, but they have to pay 5.5 billion into their retirement fund annually, with an annual net loss of 4.5 billion. Apparently the government makes them do this in advance of when the retirement funds are to be paid out, which sounds like reasonable fiscal management. On the other hand, the well is dry and they can't make the next payment, although there apparently is an extra 7 billion of overpayment sitting in the retirement fund.

Nevertheless, if they get over this immediate crisis, the wheels do come off soon since they are losing 4.5 billion a year.

Not "a good reason to cut the crap out of everything"? I beg to differ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 52 of 55

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group