myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
dogs at the Event Site--This is how I roll henceforth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rigatoni



Joined: 25 Feb 1999
Posts: 331

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are fighting a losing battle. the dog owners at Crissy have turned the beach into a giant sized litter box. nothing we can do about it and I have stopped losing sleep over it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arthurb



Joined: 31 May 1999
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone tells you that the "town fathers" are instructing the Event Site host on how to do his job, they are confused. The Event Site is owned and operated by the Port of Hood River, not the City. The Port sets policy at the Event Site, and the City sets policy at the Waterfront Park. If you don't like the policies at one of these parks, make sure you're complaining to the right party. Better yet, work with the CGWA and CGKA who do a great job advocating for access and use policies at all the parks in our area.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericandholly



Joined: 20 Jun 1999
Posts: 226

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 13844

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arthurb wrote:
If anyone tells you that the "town fathers" are instructing the Event Site host on how to do his job, they are confused.


My term, not the source's, which is why I used a generic term.

Mike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rationalnational



Joined: 20 Apr 2001
Posts: 163

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the "uncles" doing about it then ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billgfc



Joined: 20 Aug 2006
Posts: 226

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the host at the event site will call if there are issues,, go see him if you have questions....... sat with him yesterday and he brought up the issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
markek



Joined: 27 Jun 1999
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Out of Control-Dog Owners Reply with quote

Out of Control-Dog Owners

I am embarrassed by your association. You will soon blow it ALL Hood River dog owners.

"Specie Profiling" & real damage:
Last week (with my dog at tight left side heel) I walked up to check the wind and confirm gear choices. A fellow wind enthusiast confronted me and accused my dog of slamming into his knee while it ran wild. Just arriving on the scene, he obviously identified the wrong offending dog (of very common breed and color). Internally I was pissed. Externally I empathized and apologized for the unknown moronic dog owner.

Policing ourselves:
Yes, you may not offend others while playing with your animal at the waters edge out of the way of humans. But, it is common to see a pack of two or more dogs swirling around our expensive gear with playful or even intimidating territorial pressure. These uncontrolled dogs (of disrespectful/irresponsible owners) will even “f” with my dog while he is at a “heel, sit/stay, lay down”. I have no problem confronting owners of these animals to “stress” them with the discomfort many of us are feeling.

It takes great effort and training to control a dog (unleashed) under a tight “heel, sit, stay, lie-down”.

You may be at the beach to TRAIN at your sport. But, if your life is too busy to TRAIN and control your animal DO NOT bring them to public places like the event site or sand bar.


.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 13844

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Out of Control-Dog Owners Reply with quote

markek wrote:
he obviously identified the wrong offending dog (of very common breed and color).


It doesn't even have to be a ubiquitous breed. I was once very surprised to see that my uncommon-looking mutt a) had escaped her tether and b) refused to come to me from just 20 feet away as we met eye to eye. I commanded her to COME several times, getting pretty firm about it. Finally, she barked at me in her distinctive bark ... without opening her mouth.

Warn't my mutt. Poor, obedient, confused Furby was still tethered behind me. I still do a double take when I see that dog (never leashed) even though Furby no longer goes with me ... RIP.

Mike \m/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rationalnational



Joined: 20 Apr 2001
Posts: 163

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Out of Control-Dog Owners Reply with quote

markek wrote:
Out of Control-Dog Owners

I am embarrassed by your association. You will soon blow it ALL Hood River dog owners.

"Specie Profiling" & real damage:
Last week (with my dog at tight left side heel) I walked up to check the wind and confirm gear choices. A fellow wind enthusiast confronted me and accused my dog of slamming into his knee while it ran wild. Just arriving on the scene, he obviously identified the wrong offending dog (of very common breed and color). Internally I was pissed. Externally I empathized and apologized for the unknown moronic dog owner.

Policing ourselves:
Yes, you may not offend others while playing with your animal at the waters edge out of the way of humans. But, it is common to see a pack of two or more dogs swirling around our expensive gear with playful or even intimidating territorial pressure. These uncontrolled dogs (of disrespectful/irresponsible owners) will even “f” with my dog while he is at a “heel, sit/stay, lay down”. I have no problem confronting owners of these animals to “stress” them with the discomfort many of us are feeling.

It takes great effort and training to control a dog (unleashed) under a tight “heel, sit, stay, lie-down”.

You may be at the beach to TRAIN at your sport. But, if your life is too busy to TRAIN and control your animal DO NOT bring them to public places like the event site or sand bar.


.


the place is for fag kiters/windsurfers anyway. go somewhere else once you sort out the basics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jesusjones



Joined: 17 May 2001
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For real; this is a topic? Please hurry 2012; I want to sail without people, just me and my bitch poopin all over hell and back. No more plastic sacks, just straight up logs everywhere. Oh god, what will I do? Walk around it, oh I can’t wait for the discipline in my life. Pleaaseeee let the pups poop, geese, or whatever the fuck is goanna poop and leave the fucking thing alone. Poop in peace.please! For Real?? Take a good fucking look around there fucking super stars. Um, life is fucking mean and nasty troops, WE ARE SPOILED PIGS FOLKS. OINK OINK OINK, BYE BYE, THINK OF OUR BOYS FIGHTING? Why? Cause that’s what badd asses do, so poop oopi do to you too mo fo's. Later, much later. see ya on the other side, just follow the logs. Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group