myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who supports the Right Wing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winddoggie
THAT IS THE BEST LAUGH I HAVE HAD TODAY!!!!
Thanks
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty--I've also made fun of your grasp of math and meta-messages. And it seems to have worked, you finally came back with a funny line.

You haven't come back with any responses to the arguments I've put forward. Nada. I challenge you in particular on the tax issue, because it is the topic dujour, and I'm sure that you have gotten e-mails telling you why renewing the tax cuts for the very rich is fair.

I must confess ignorance to your Philadelphia reference. I though that the chatter was over a mosque in lower Manhattan, not Philadelphia. You need to explain yourself to me, and perhaps in the process you can fill in the logical gaps of how you concluded that my support for a separation between church and state--as provided for in the Bill of Rights for over 200 years--means in your mind that I support stoning women.

Elucidate me; logic was taught in math class, and I'm waiting for you to show me that I'm wrong.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty--I just couldn't leav that turd supporting Breitbart and vilifying ACORN out there without a response. Here's what some have to say about Mr. Breitbart:

Quote:
Later, after an investigation by the California Attorney General, it came out that there were several things that were not correct in how O'Keefe and Giles had presented the videos and information about ACORN. O'Keefe had gone on Fox News, and on Breitbart's site and talked about how he had gone in dressed as a pimp and they helped him out, and showed the videos to prove it.

However, the Attorney General came out and said not only that the tapes were "heavily edited" and misleading, but also that the employees had done nothing wrong. In fact one of the employees that they had singled out on Fox News, was portrayed as being very helpful to Giles and O'Keefe's cause, except that he called the police immediately after they left and told them about the illegal situation. He has filed a lawsuit against O'Keefe and Giles.

ACORN has been cleared of all charges of wrongdoing in the state of California.

Pretty easy to find that source. My understanding is that Breitbart's thugs went into 8 different ACORN offices trying to get someone to do something that they could put on a heavily edited attack video. If this is the kind of journalism that you consider reliable, you've missed a lot. This is the direct and toxic effects of Rupert Murdoch having the money to buy up mainstream American media. He's turned it into the British system, where each newspaper is in fact a rag for their party, and editing and fact checking is not a high priority.

Perhaps if they had a more progressive tax system....
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac
I will not defend Breitbart, he is clearly in the gotcha business.
The incident in philly is a lot more troubling.
I am sure if look closer you will be troubled also.

Winddoggie has inspired me to end this nonsense. I am sure we are all barking at each for the same reason, WE LOVE AMERICA!!!!!

And I am sure we could all have a great time together ripping it up.
Just lets talk about, fins, boards , woman, woman, sports and music, and leave all the yakking to talking heads on tv.

Dan you seem like a true gentleman, and if you sail here in Mass, Cape Cod area, I am sure we will cross paths someday. And just for the record, It would have been awesome having the first windsurfing President.
So I started out on this forum on a bad note, I figured it would be nice to end it on a good note.
Mat-ty
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what incident in Philly, and what do you think it means? They have a great art museum, with a great collection of Impressionists, but I don't think that's what you're alluding to.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:

Winddoggie has inspired me

mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the" New Black Panthers", blocking the voting place, with clubs in hand. On election day 2008.
Bartle Bull (liberal democrat, and famous civil rights attorney) witnessed the event and was horrified.
I never thought to much of it , figured it was not a big deal, until I heard Bartle tell the story on the radio, And I have to believe he is a someone we can trust, to be honest.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"After all, it is the American right that have used violence most frequently.-----"
If you were active in the 60s and 70s as I was you will recall it was the left that was blowing things up.
The extremists haven't changed tactics, just targets. Now they have their own brainwashing radio network recruiting night and day, paid out of corporate dollars. Even smart people like Iso have been drawn into it.
He confidently repeats things he hears on the radio just like my aunt when she put down the National Enquirer and told us news "you never hear on the government censored TV"
Neither of them can understand why we all became more and more rude at their attempts to enlighten us.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rupert came into one of my families stores in Boston about 30 years ago When he was buying the Boston Herald. I was just a teenager , when he gave me his american express, I asked him for his ID, he just smiled.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those not afraid of real media that involves editors and fact checking, read Jane Mayer's account of the Koch brothers funding of all things conservative, including the Tea Party movement. Fred Koch was one of the original members of the John Birch Society. http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/08/30/100830fa_fact_mayer

For an executive summary, these radical libertarians have given hundreds of millions of dollars to non-profits like the Cato Institute, the Heritage Foundation, the Mercatus Center and so forth who support small government--that is, less regulation and taxes. They do as much as they can in secret, and by giving money through non-profits that are, in theory, non-partisan, they get tax benefits. The real agenda--reduce taxes on their corporations, reduce environmental regulation. They've given far more money to fight regulation of global warming than Exxon. Their resumes include fighting regulation of ozone, under the theory that dirty air at the surface will reduce skin cancer, defending lawsuits from the Justice Department (under Clinton--free pass under Bush) that they were responsible for more than 300 oil spills. They settled that lawsuit with a record $35 million fine. They admitted that they took oil illegally from Indian lands without paying for it. And of course, they benefited in more than $100 million in government contracts and access to the fine subsidies for fossil fuels under the Cheney energy policy.

Can we spell astroturf? The bill that the Republicans fought would have required more transparency in such secret doings with money. Secret doings that, of course, the public pays for. Do we think that Murdoch would do the kind of corporate muck-raking that the New Yorker does> Dream on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: