myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Perfect day at The Hatch!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pablomerc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Perfect day at The Hatch! Reply with quote

Check out today's wind chart (07/19) - 27 avg from 9am-3pm - almost a straight line on the chart! Slight drop-off after 3pm but still 3.5m for me! Simply awesome! Just doesn't get any better than this! Classic, classic, classic day in 'da Gorge! And this is my 4th consecutive day on a 3.5m! Ain't life grand! I'm a happy camper! yada, yada, yada ...
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a memorable day indeed. I was totally lit on my 3.7m for several hours straight. Nice swells for riding & jumping too.
bobg
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Perfect day at The Hatch! Reply with quote

Grab some rides for me buddy. I'll see ya in a couple of weeks.

-Craig

theunbob wrote:
Check out today's wind chart (07/19) - 27 avg from 9am-3pm - almost a straight line on the chart! Slight drop-off after 3pm but still 3.5m for me! Simply awesome! Just doesn't get any better than this! Classic, classic, classic day in 'da Gorge! And this is my 4th consecutive day on a 3.5m! Ain't life grand! I'm a happy camper! yada, yada, yada ...
jsampiero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys - because of this post I checked the HatchCam even when I shoulda been working. That's a 4.2-shoulda-been-on-3.7 session down in the books...

My personal website: www.youneedjosh.com
westender

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: No Ticks and Poison Oak. Reply with quote

Some day I'll be a Lollygagger and won't miss a day. Lollygaggers rule the Hatch. RV's, showers, beach chairs, sandwiches. What a life. Idea
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobgatpdx1 wrote:
Nice swells for riding & jumping too.

So other than driving down there and looking at the water, how do we know whether the swell's any good (presuming good wind)? Saturday looked as good as Sunday on the charts, but Saturday's swell reportedly sucked and it reportedly looked and felt more like Celilo or Vantage than the Hatch should. OTOH, I caught a day last summer of what the locals said was among the best Hatchery swell in years ... and there were only a handful of people there because nothing was forecast, it looked like crap on the plots, and it was blowing a marginal 5.2.

What's the best wind direction, and how critical is it? How critical is dam flow, and which dam matters more, Bonneville or The Dalles?

Mike \m/
hilton08

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Hatchery Tuesday Reply with quote

It was another great day at the Hatch on Tuesday.
Day 5 in a row with gusts over 30.
The after work session was superb.
The "old guard" was there proving that they can still rip as hard as the young kids.
davef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the event site was way better no doubt, it was the windyest i have seen it in a long time.
it peaked at 40 and was windy all day. i sailed 4.6 for 6 hours and it was great Very Happy
andymc4610

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.2 at Swell all morning for me....
westender

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like fishing. You put your line in the water and when you get lucky you catch a fish.

isobars wrote:

how do we know

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: