myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
A strangeness at Doug's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Georges

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
axl.cranium wrote:
"shoot first, ask questions later" attitude ... Mike the world is truly a safer place because of you.

Well, your gear, child, wife, car, and home are safer when I'm around, for one simple reason: I try to pay attention -- and have intervened to varying degrees when and as appropriate -- when I hear an alarm go off, witness an apparent theft, see someone being assaulted, see a child in danger, see people behaving in ways that have gotten parks closed, and many such situations. In all those situations, only one may have merited your dumb "shoot first" policy, because lives were at stake and the perp was beyond talking range. Why some people associate guns with a "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude escapes me; except inside my home at night, there's no connection. A weapon is one's last, not first, line of defense.

What would you do if you saw three guys stripping boards off a car in the night?
• Ignore it? Thanks a lot.
• Call the police? The gear's gone before they arrive. I hope you at least got license plate number, descriptions, etc.
• Walk up and ask them to convince you the boards belong to them; not advisable unarmed. (Ask CB Schmaltz about that one.) I'd hope someone would do the same for me.

Now ramp it up. Say your wife or child is immediate danger of bodily injury, even death. I've seen several husbands say and do nothing in that scenario, for various reasons including unwillingness to confront wrongdoers, correct a child, or embarrass a perp. In lesser scenarios, I've seen groups of >50 people unwilling to even just speak up when someone is doing something dangerous or egregious to others. People have more PC than backbone lately, and the world's worse off for it. The world should be a safer place for you and me, and a much less safe place for criminals and terrorists.

Mike

Mike you have over 5800 post the only thing you have defended of late is your laptop.Please seek help for your addiction the world will be a better place.

Gman Oakland ca

Last edited by Georges on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
robgray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perp
Georges

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robgray wrote:
perp

robgray "master of the urban dictionary" has spoken.Roll anouther one rob and go back to watching TV there is no place for you here.Gman Oakland ca.
robgray

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oakland
Georges

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robgray wrote:
Oakland

Oakland welcomes you with open arms Rob.Gman Oakland,ca
robgray

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always nice to feel welcome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: