myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
And the NEXT ship to run the Gaza blockade ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush Administration gives these guys $10B in aid during Iraq War, this is our gift :
DJ Turkish PM: Hamas Isn't A Terrorist Group
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I think by not condemning their aggressive actions, which I support, he is clearly showing support. You should be happy.

I disagree........not taking a position is not leadership.......it's like voting "present". This is a delicate balancing act..........Turkey and Israel are both allies. However, White House silence, combined with prior lukewarm support for Israel, is emboldening those whose clear intent is to provoke an international incident and to drain even more support from Israel.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Gybe, did you not read my post ? Turkey does not recognize Hamas for what they are, a terrorist group, thats an ally? The UN, Turkey, and others are going off on Israel, and we are not, that is meaningful, and sure is an uptick from Condi Rice's bungling of the Israel-Lebanon situation. Look, I'm a big supporter of Israel, my momma is Israeli, but the strategy since 2006 has been flawed, and the usual US lip service isnt very relevant. Anyone with half a brain knows we are unconditional supporters , regardless of who is president. BUT, if it makes thoses on the right feel righteous to blast away on Obama, keep at it.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr. Gybe, did you not read my post ? Turkey does not recognize Hamas for what they are, a terrorist group, thats an ally? Anyone with half a brain knows we are unconditional supporters , regardless of who is president.

If Turkey is not an ally, then the White House failure to show tangible evidence of that "unconditional support" for Israel would be all the more egregious. However, Turkey is an ally and has been for years......thus the balancing act.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was ever a time that looking beyond our red state/blue state narratives was important it is over the Middle East, where our short term security depends on a reasonably secure supply of oil and a managable military situation. But leadership and diplomacy is more complicated than the yeehaw foreign policy of George and Dickie. Now comes mrgybe to simplify it all for us with this statement:
Quote:
I disagree........not taking a position is not leadership.......it's like voting "present". This is a delicate balancing act..........Turkey and Israel are both allies. However, White House silence, combined with prior lukewarm support for Israel, is emboldening those whose clear intent is to provoke an international incident and to drain even more support from Israel

Hmm, and we read this morning that somehow (I wonder how) the UN Security Council has developed unanimous support for Iran sanctions. Medvedev has joined the party. Somewhat more remniscent of Bush I's efforts on the Kuwait invasion than Bush II's go it alone approach in Iraq.

As news trickles out to us that rely on editors for some quality control, it appears clear that the flotilla that Israeli attacked had provocateurs who were interested in making Israel look bad--was well as idealists that may not have had a good idea what they were in for. And Israel stepped right into the punch. So what happened was intended to, and did, increase the isolation of Israel.

Several years ago, I left the holocaust museum in Washington DC, deeply saddened about the history of anti-Semitism in Europe. The museum, as I recall, ended with an up note on the hope represented by Israel. Unfortunately, without any sense of irony over the way that the "never again" world view has played out in the real world. That philosophy, while understandable, has meant that all problems have seemed like military problems to the Israelis. When they are not, Israel--and their allies--suffer.

This is something to be deeply sad about, and to ponder in strategic terms, not to use to bash Obama about things that none of us understand.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why Soros isn't putting his money into green energy?

You gotta love this Texan!
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't keep the topics straight huh? Evidence of deep thinking at work.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet the Texan in the Cadillac Escalade is one those fat cats making over $250K. No doubt, he's truly pissed that he will have to pay his fair share to rachet down the huge debits created by another Texan.

Too bad Bard, you'll be in the same boat, and as a result, you'll also have to rightly forfeit a bit of pocketbook too. Do I pity your fate? Not at all. You can afford it.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there oil somewhere about 200 miles from Gaza?

SW...Did I send you my tax return?

Currently in the U.S. thanks to Obama, there is a capital boycott. Instead of rioting in the streets, investors are quietly boycotting by buying treasury bonds instead of hiring new employees.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"SW...Did I send you my tax return?"

Bard, you didn't have to. Nothing gets a Republican more riled and bent then the thought of increased income tax obligations. Pretty simple really, given your rabid dislike for Obama.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: