myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Roll of Government?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Know Nothings" have been resurrected.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeeeeha wrote:
There are way too many government workers and they get paid way too much.

Yup. But despite Obama's frequent clear promises during his campaign that the vast majority of all the jobs he was promising were to be GOVERNMENT jobs, a majority of voters still voted for him. They just want their unearned entitlements, the economy be damned.

Mike
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
yeeeeha wrote:
There are way too many government workers and they get paid way too much.

Yup. But despite Obama's frequent clear promises during his campaign that the vast majority of all the jobs he was promising were to be GOVERNMENT jobs

There is a silent boycott of large corporations, and mega-government happening right now. Capital is fleeing with a click of the mouse. Obama and his marxist minions are going to be shocked in 2011 when they realize how little revenue their "tax hikes" will generate.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSES!
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought yesterday and last year that this idiot was an incompetent and disgusting excuse for a leader. Today, as his refusal of commercial, national, and private citizens' oil spill help from around the globe is hitting the RESPONSIBLE media, I'm getting nothing short of fucking FURIOUS.

I grew up near and on the Florida panhandle Gulf beaches ... often described by global travel guides as the whitest, finest beaches in the world. A childhood friend runs a charter fishing business there. I've surfed, fished, snorkeled, swum extensively with sharks and barracuda miles off the Keys, SCUBA dived, camped, spearfished, WSed, driven military half-tracks, ridden a Goodyear blimp, picked up and eaten scallops I stepped on, etc. over much of the Florida coast, reveling for decades in its incredible beauty. I've stayed in wood cabins ON the beach before there were motels anywhere near Destin or Fort Walton Beach. Millions of others not only earn a living but enjoy an irreplaceable way of living on and off the coast. A large portion of the U.S.'s seafood come from the Gulf.

And now it's coming to light that not only has this stupid SOB been refusing to accept large-scale competent cleanup help from nations and corporations around the globe since three days after the explosion, but now he’s forbidding private citizens from cleaning up their own GD local beaches, just as he let the MF EPA forbid LA Gov Bobby Jindal from building sand berms to protect their coastlines. If I were Jindal, I’d like to think I’d Just Freaking Do It, and just let Obama throw his career to the wolves if he dare try to punish LA for it. Obama should be sentenced to observe as his daughters watch oil-soaked pelicans die in the sludge.

Is there no one above the rank of GS-1 with even ONE ball left on this planet?
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars is so stupid that he wants untrained and unprotected workers to clean up oil--carcinogenic and toxic material. Good idea Isobars. You will do anything to blame Obama, no matter how stupid. No thought about liability or how you manage the work. What a fool!
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of patently blaming the president of the US for BP's mistakes in the Gulf is incredibly ludicrous and off the top. Leave to isobars to flip out and rudely demonstrate his goofiness and lack of reason. I can't believe that anyone with half a brain would buy into such nonsense.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefferson wrote, "When all government, domestic and foreign, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another, and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated." To resist this centralizing trend, the sage of Monticello was convinced, the states needed some kind of corporate defense mechanism.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about education? The United States' performance in education has been slipping steadily since Reagan was president and cut funding for education. It now ranks 35th out of the top 40 countries in math--between Azerbajian and Croatia. There is lots wrong with liberal solutions of just pouring money in without paying attention. But it is pretty clear that 8 years of No Child Left Behind hasn't been a fix, and charter schools are performing worse than regular schools. You can read a pretty interesting article by Linda Darling-Hommond, a professor of education at Stanford (hard for an old Blue to endorse) here: http://www.thenation.com/article/restoring-our-schools
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why it would be much better for the states to manage their own education programs and budgets. Centralized government and education are too bloated.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I thought yesterday and last year that this idiot was an incompetent and disgusting excuse for a leader. Today, as his refusal of commercial, national, and private citizens' oil spill help from around the globe is hitting the RESPONSIBLE media, I'm getting nothing short of fucking FURIOUS.

I grew up near and on the Florida panhandle Gulf beaches ... often described by global travel guides as the whitest, finest beaches in the world. A childhood friend runs a charter fishing business there. I've surfed, fished, snorkeled, swum extensively with sharks and barracuda miles off the Keys, SCUBA dived, camped, spearfished, WSed, driven military half-tracks, ridden a Goodyear blimp, picked up and eaten scallops I stepped on, etc. over much of the Florida coast, reveling for decades in its incredible beauty. I've stayed in wood cabins ON the beach before there were motels anywhere near Destin or Fort Walton Beach. Millions of others not only earn a living but enjoy an irreplaceable way of living on and off the coast. A large portion of the U.S.'s seafood come from the Gulf.

And now it's coming to light that not only has this stupid SOB been refusing to accept large-scale competent cleanup help from nations and corporations around the globe since three days after the explosion, but now he’s forbidding private citizens from cleaning up their own GD local beaches, just as he let the MF EPA forbid LA Gov Bobby Jindal from building sand berms to protect their coastlines. If I were Jindal, I’d like to think I’d Just Freaking Do It, and just let Obama throw his career to the wolves if he dare try to punish LA for it. Obama should be sentenced to observe as his daughters watch oil-soaked pelicans die in the sludge.

Is there no one above the rank of GS-1 with even ONE ball left on this planet?

Sorry brah, but if the Panhandle beaches are the "whitest finest " in the world, than my name is Rumplestilskin. Nice respect for the president, Mr . Fick. Even I didnt stoop as low as you do, in my criticism of Dubya. Dubya was tasked with evacuation, and repair logistics after Katrina, and he and Mike Brown failed. O, is being grilled for not doing enough in a mostly private sector man made disaster. much different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: