myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
CA govenors race

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: CA govenors race Reply with quote

A. Brown
B. Poizner
3. Whitman
D. None of the above

Any thoughts?
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Republicans will manage to nominate a politician that will make me hold me nose and vote for Jerry Brown. Whitman has some of it right, but has a meanness and arrogance to her that puts me off. When called by a pollster with my views I said that I can't bring myself to vote for someone who can't bring herself to vote.

Do we really need another amateur? Do you see any signs that she has actually read the State budget? Before he pulled out of the race, I was going to re-register as a Republican and vote for Tom Cambell--who would be better than any of the three still in the race.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitman's spiel about wanting to run the state like a CEO is laughable, like she will be able to control and direct the State Senate and Assembly at her will. Really big difference between running a business and governing a state like California, but I don't think she can appreciate that. Also, I actually think that she believes that she can buy her way to the governorship. The woman has way too much money, and that has a way of twisting one's mind.

Poizner, on the other hand, is banking on folks' building anger with illegal immigrants and how he's going to come in and kick ass and solve the state's problem. Of course he's smart enough to know that it's a pipe dream, but all he has to do convince a whole lot of incensed people to buy into his empty facade and hype.

I feel mac is right about Tom Campbell, at least considering a Republican field, but he's now angling to unseat Boxer in November and become the next US Senator from California. Of course he has to win the Republican primary first. That was his failing in 1992 when Bruce Herschensohn won the Republican primary.

I have to admit though, I would never vote for a Republican for any office.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler--I used to quip that Feinstein was the only Republican I'd ever voted for. (Not true, I never vote for a politician enmeshed in a conflict of interest scandal.) But as time has gone on, I have seen her as one of the very best of California's politicians over my 30 years of paying attention. I would have to go back to Leo McCarthy as speaker to find a politician to her left that I respect more. It is sad the she won't run. Fixing California's problems will require everyone to take a hit.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bring up an excellent point mac. In my opinion, Feinstein could easily capture the governorship, but she's elected not do it, and I can't blame her. The task of uniting the state's Legislature (if that's even possible), and getting us onto the right track would be unfathomable task of huge proportions.

The upside though, is that we still have her at the US Senate. I have long appreciated her strength, pragmatism and balance.

Regarding the governorship, one can't question Brown's credentials. Irrespective of criticisms of his past performance as governor, I think that he still knows more than any what it takes to be the governor of California and the politics that go with it.
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown is maybe the only one qualified for the job although as mac stated, I'd have to hold my nose to vote for him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: