myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bad month for the GOP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More sad news coming in for the dregs of a once great party. The Family Research Council, a powerful group of real conservatives, has asked other donors to stop giving money to whats left of the GOP.
Since they are adult conservatives "Pelosi Did It" is not an adequate excuse for them.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The market is on FIRE! Jobs are coming back. Apple will surpass Microsoft this year, and they also are boycotting FoxNews. Taxpayers will net a profit on Citi, sound crazy, but true. Corporate balance sheets are strong, and spreads narrow, both pointing to a job recovery. I know this is an election year nightmare for the GOP, but things are getting better, and Im pretty sure the American people want to ride the winner, rather than hitch on to the Tea Bag train.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the Dems are using Sarah Palin in their appeals for funding. She and Limbaugh are the best thing that ever happened to the Democratic Party.I just hope no policemen or Congressmen get killed by their followers.
But what about conservative principles? We need a real political party not bought by lobbyists and beholding to extremist wingnuts.
The Conservative Party? If we could get Palin and the talk guys against us we would have a better chance of successfully supporting real conservative ideas and signing folks up. Even you liberals will like at least some of what we believe if it doesn't include Fox News and President Cheney, attacking counties not engaged in terrorism, Militias,and hate.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keycocker--I think you are right. I'm actually pretty conservative fiscally, and hold fairly libertarian social values. Leave folks alone on their practices of religion and sexual preference. As long as everyone involved is of age, what business is it of the government? But the pseudo-conservatives represented by Rush and Sarah want to get into everybody's business.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire platform from which Rush and Sarah exist is anger. If people werent angry, would they listen to Rush? no way. If people werent angry, would they travel across the country to see Sarah? no shot. People dont tune into Rush to learn something about the world, they tune in to have their hatred reinforced by an articulate sharp tongued blowhard. Its free therapy. The Summer test will be whether or not the candidates follow the lead of Rush and run on a repeal of ObamaCare. I doubt they will.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Republicans were out there having a great time ... they were laughing, they were waving the American flag ... I thought that was outrageous behavior"

Representative Maxine Waters (D, CA), describing the Nevada TEA party in Harry Reid's home town.

Oh, those horrible Republicans.
mogunn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Another out-of-context moment with the Fickshinary One Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Give me two bolts and a nose pad…the objective is to…whack the crap out of my board noses several times a day…SEARCH wasn't much help, but that's probably a good thing…I haven't looked…do your homework…BOOZE for the drunkards…FU the country…

It's become obvious that you're just trolling. Bub-Bye.

And so it goes...
Shocked

swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think isobars is running out of gas quick. Needless to say, he's not paying attention to the fuel gauge. Just another fool drafting on nonsense. Soon to be on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere wondering how it happened.
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
More sad news coming in for the dregs of a once great party.

It's a bear. The Republican party would do well to completely flush itself out, to make room for intellectually honest conservatives. Not that the Democratic party doesn't have a few cases of its own, but in terms of lowering the bar, the Republicans have by and large left the bar on the floor.

Michael (who once upon a time voted Republican at least as often as he voted Democrat. That ain't likely to happen again anytime soon!)

PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I think isobars is running out of gas quick.

For those of you who don't have the time to watch the spectacle daily, I've found a great way to catch the greatest hits is to periodically check Mo's site here:

http://www.teamcoyote.net/shot_otd.html

A wonderful archive of Mo's lampoon art, and the latest is always at the top, with links to the pertinent conversation. I find it to be a real time saver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: