myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
5pm Civic Center (SF) to protest cuts to public education
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: 5pm Civic Center (SF) to protest cuts to public education Reply with quote

Mass Rally Against the Budget Cuts to Education
Time:5:00PM Thursday, March 4th

http://againstcuts.org/
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you gotta give up something (besides much higher taxes and health care premiums for almost everyone) to fund socialized medicine, GW, free party time (aka college) for everybody, increased welfare for families with incomes up to $82,800, bailing out 7-figure mortgages because the borrower didn't want to dip into his investment portfolio to pay his mortgage, unlimited bailouts for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac ... where the heck did you expect these trillions of dollars to come from ... ME? Bill Gates?

Mike \m/
NickB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Gates is helping (www.gatesfoundation.org). Health and Education are at the top of his agenda. He could probably do more, but he could also do nothing. So thank you Mr&Mrs Gates.

From you, the only thing I expect is your narcissism to gradually worsen. But I'm afraid I'm detecting early stages of Alzheimer too. The anger, the cheapness, the repetitive nonsensical fits...

I'm torn between dislike and pity, and I'm leaning towards pity. I think what you need is a big hug.

Last edited by NickB on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey look, isobars included his shaka in his post. What's that about?
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: A most difficult conundrum... Reply with quote

NickB wrote:
The anger, the cheapness, the repetitive nonsensical fits...
I'm torn between dislike and pity, and I'm leaning towards pity. I think what you need is a big hug.

Wink

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickB wrote:
From you, the only thing I expect is your narcissism to gradually worsen. But I'm afraid I'm detecting early stages of Alzheimer too. The anger, the cheapness, the repetitive nonsensical fits... I'm torn between dislike and pity, and I'm leaning towards pity. I think what you need is a big hug.

Well, golly gee ... I guess that relevant, topical, informed, insightful analysis of the economy just changes everything. I guess Buffett and Forbes and the nation's university business schools and the heads of state of Germany, Venezuela, and China are all wrong ... you've just proven we CAN spend 10-15 trillion dollars we don't have. Who needs arithmetic?
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Mike, how 'bout that war in Iraq. Now there was money well spent.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't you heard? Iraq is now a great succesKABLOOOOOOOY!!!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's inevitable that anything Isobars posts will be met with derision by many on this forum.............but his core message is accurate...........we cannot continue to live beyond our means. The cuts occurring in California are being repeated around the country..............something has to change. Most people seem to agree that we need to reduce expenditures, but as soon as their own favorite program is affected, they scream bloody murder. I'm sure the legislators in CA know very well that education cuts will be hugely unpopular..........it's an indication of how dire the situation is that they would go ahead anyway.

The country is in bad fiscal shape.........everyone is going to have to bend.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
1. It's inevitable that anything Isobars posts will be met with derision by many on this forum

2. The cuts occurring in California are being repeated around the country

1. No one who matters. Only rational adults capable of topical discourse -- and Brucie plus a couple of equally harmless clones -- need apply. If you thought I was just being a smart-ass or playing their games when I warned you about these people months ago, nothing could be farther from the truth. Those heads-ups were very carefully worded factual observations, not rhetoric. The ones I shut out earned that status with months to years of egregious behavior, not a few stupid remarks.

2. The five states nearest bankruptcy (as determined by economic data) are the five bluest states in the nation (as determined by polls of voters). This trend continues fairly accurately throughout the other 45, as the redder states fairly consistently emerge as the most solvent.

Freaking D U H !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: