myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bad month for the GOP
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3329

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Bad month for the GOP Reply with quote

-The Party will put iso $250 to good use creating employment in bondage strip clubs. The Party had no problem with a $1900 expense bill like that until it made the news, along with a small fortune in private jets and limos. Can't have the crowd that presented Americans with a "blank sheet of paper'' as their results after working on the health problem for 10 years riding with the cattle in First Class on a regular plane.According to the head of the GOP the donors are only giving money because of their big egos.
He regrets that statement reaching the news but doesn't deny it.
-Beck has instructed us to stay away from church if the people there believe in social justice.He later altered his statement by defining social justice to mean any program Beck doesn't like. All of us in church use the pre Beck definition. GOP members are still welcome at our church.We sympathize with the quality of leadership that they have been saddled with.
-The right wing armies are ratcheting up the terrorist attack plans. One group just arrested was going to kill police officers families to attract cops to a funeral so they could set off a bomb.The other militias that trained with them and supported them are scrambling to say that even though they approve of the same hate and violence message droning out of talk radio, they didn't help plan those particular attacks.
- Americans are beginning to understand the health bill and a majority, not including me, approve of it.
- It was "impossible for the Dems to pass the health bill"
- If it did then the stock market would tank (it went up right away)
- Most of Americans now enjoy lower taxes in general.
- Me and the Bass King had to leave the GOP because of the smell, but they are glad all those folks who think for themselves aren't around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpbassking



Joined: 19 May 1998
Posts: 2362
Location: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of gangsters now, arguably there are those out there who thought that was always the case. Smile
_________________
{JP:}====****
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 5126

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, you mean sex is still fun if you don't feel dirty afterwards?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3329

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really it wasn't aways like this.When I was a conservative student activist there were a few liberal and a lot of moderates in the Party.There was even the Log Cabin Republicans who were gay, if I remember right.
Conservatives believed that reducing the size of gov. and limiting spending would result in lower taxes. Most Americans support this even today, except for the Republicans and Dems who hold office now. These GOP leaders proved that they support BIG spending, just like the Dems but prefer to run up our credit card for our children to pay instead of funding the mandates as Dems are trying to do.
In those days the extreme left was the party of violence.Now we have talk driving the hate and the lefties are too educated to listen so the GOP has taken the lead in attacking Americans while waving the flag.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14044

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad month for the GOP Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
-The Party will put iso $250 to good use creating employment in bondage strip clubs. The Party had no problem with a $1900 expense bill like that until it made the news, along with a small fortune in private jets and limos.

Beck has instructed us to stay away from church if the people there believe in social justice. He later altered his statement by defining social justice to mean any program Beck doesn't like. All of us in church use the pre Beck definition.

Americans are beginning to understand the health bill and a majority, not including me, approve of it.

- It was "impossible for the Dems to pass the health bill"

- If it did then the stock market would tank (it went up right away)

- Most of Americans now enjoy lower taxes in general.

- Me and the Bass King had to leave the GOP because of the smell, but they are glad all those folks who think for themselves aren't around.


Pelosi spends > $50,000 a year just on fraking BOOZE for the drunkards she hauls around on junkets topping $1M per year of tax money.

Damn right any good citizen of any free society should avoid any source promoting "social justice", by a vast majority of the many definitions I could find from that of its founders right up through Beck. Beck took his conservative definition, "forced redistribution of wealth with a hostility toward individual property rights, under the guise of charity and/or justice" from the crux of SJ's founders' goals. I say his was "conservative because the founders expressly included property redistribution, not merely harbored hostility towards private property. The next time eminent domain abuse hit the media fan, I'm going to suggest to the T-shirt industry something like, "Because it's MY Damned property, THAT'S why!" or "Because it's My property, not yours." This is the USA, not Cuba or the USSR. You MFers want to live in a communist country, MOVE TO ONE; don't fuck up the country that tolerates your seditious (look it up; it fits) BS.

What on earth are you reading? Polls show a majority, by as much as 3:1 in some cases, hate the Obamacare plan.

Neil Boortz has not been alone among TR hosts in saying for years that NHC is a foregone conclusion. Who are you listening to?

The market problems are expected for about 2012 by the permabears, not "the day after the bill's passage." It went up in part because only unexpected news drive the market, Obamacare was already priced into the market due to its high likelihood, and the concession -- for now -- of the public option camel's head.

OF COURSE! The taxes don't rise in a freaking week. Doesn't it bother anyone that virtually all of the 17,000 new jobs attributed to Obamacare are in the IRS? Take a HINT!

My God .... this post gives your last one a run for a place in the top 5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 5762

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing that is often overlooked is that the government has an income, and everybody wants a piece of it, as the core interests of the states demand it, irrespective of being Democrats or Republicans.

I believe that the concept of small government is being played as a empty facade. Reagan didn't prove the small government model, and never did the two Bush crews. However, we have to acknowledge that the Clinton Administration ironically reduced the deficit, to disprove all the Republican BS during the 1992 election campaign.

In the big picture though, the government does have the power and finances to build a stronger, more vibrant America. Really, it's what you invest in. Pretty simple really, but government has to understand what kind of leadership and support is needed across the nation.

In my opinion, healthcare reform was huge, but what we need right now is a lot more engine to stimulate creativity, technological leadership, and more importantly, jobs. How do you do that when corporate America wants to subcontract manufacturing, and even research and development offshore? Can America be great by relying of the strength of the service sector? Hardly.

Government doesn't need to be smaller, it only needs to be smarter. Investment and leadership are the keys. Don't let the smaller government concept fool you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpbassking



Joined: 19 May 1998
Posts: 2362
Location: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad month for the GOP Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
keycocker wrote:
-The Party will put iso $250 to good use creating employment in bondage strip clubs. The Party had no problem with a $1900 expense bill like that until it made the news, along with a small fortune in private jets and limos.

Beck has instructed us to stay away from church if the people there believe in social justice. He later altered his statement by defining social justice to mean any program Beck doesn't like. All of us in church use the pre Beck definition.

Americans are beginning to understand the health bill and a majority, not including me, approve of it.

- It was "impossible for the Dems to pass the health bill"

- If it did then the stock market would tank (it went up right away)

- Most of Americans now enjoy lower taxes in general.

- Me and the Bass King had to leave the GOP because of the smell, but they are glad all those folks who think for themselves aren't around.


Pelosi spends > $50,000 a year just on fraking BOOZE for the drunkards she hauls around on junkets topping $1M per year of tax money.

Damn right any good citizen of any free society should avoid any source promoting "social justice", by a vast majority of the many definitions I could find from that of its founders right up through Beck. Beck took his conservative definition, "forced redistribution of wealth with a hostility toward individual property rights, under the guise of charity and/or justice" from the crux of SJ's founders' goals. I say his was "conservative because the founders expressly included property redistribution, not merely harbored hostility towards private property. The next time eminent domain abuse hit the media fan, I'm going to suggest to the T-shirt industry something like, "Because it's MY Damned property, THAT'S why!" or "Because it's My property, not yours." This is the USA, not Cuba or the USSR. You MFers want to live in a communist country, MOVE TO ONE; don't fuck up the country that tolerates your seditious (look it up; it fits) BS.

What on earth are you reading? Polls show a majority, by as much as 3:1 in some cases, hate the Obamacare plan.

Neil Boortz has not been alone among TR hosts in saying for years that NHC is a foregone conclusion. Who are you listening to?

The market problems are expected for about 2012 by the permabears, not "the day after the bill's passage." It went up in part because only unexpected news drive the market, Obamacare was already priced into the market due to its high likelihood, and the concession -- for now -- of the public option camel's head.

OF COURSE! The taxes don't rise in a freaking week. Doesn't it bother anyone that virtually all of the 17,000 new jobs attributed to Obamacare are in the IRS? Take a HINT!

My God .... this post gives your last one a run for a place in the top 5.


Where do you get this stuff?

_________________
{JP:}====****
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 5762

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars gets his lift by smoking nonsense wherever he can find it, you know, the really stinky stuff that's quite ugly. I should emphasize that I'm not talking about pot. Honestly, the poor bastard could probably use some pot to relax and chill a bit. How do you balance a guy out that hates most of reality?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
windoggie



Joined: 22 Feb 2002
Posts: 2384

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
How do you balance a guy out that hates most of reality?


Cut the soles out of his shoes, put him in a tree, and teach him to play the flute.

_________________
/w\
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3329

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Government doesn't need to be smaller, it only needs to be smarter. Investment and leadership are the keys. Don't let the smaller government concept fool you....
Bush et al grew the gov up larger rather than behaving like conservatives.
Wouldn't a smarter gov. be more efficient? We should be able to reduce waste and therefore provide the same level of services to our citizens at a lower cost, if that was our focus.This idea is pure W.Buckley, father of the conservative movement.He had contempt for Bush and the talk radio crowd.
Or are you suggesting a larger smarter gov. could provide better services at a cost in higher taxes that folks wouldn't mind because they get value for the dollar?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group