myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Maui car rental suggestions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankpeaks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Curious, not to rain on your parade here, this is the eponymous Frank from Frank's Friendly Cars Maui Car Rental. The main reason I'm posting is to exploit this frenzy that you've been whipping up for rental cars on Maui. I couldn't have asked for a better excuse to post and let everyone know that my company is already doing [almost] everything that everyone on this thread is asking for! We've got cheap reliable cars (four-doors with fold-down seats, station wagons and minivans) with a/c (that you can leave off if you choose), roof racks (and tie-down straps), optional beach chairs and coolers, and airport pickup and drop-off with the key under the mat that everyone likes so much - as we tell our customers, all you need to do when you get here is hop in your car and drive off to do whatever you came here to do. The cars do have a few dings and dents, not too many, so no one has to feel embarrassed being seen in them, but just enough so they blend in with the local scenery, plus they have colorful aloha style seat covers and comfortable steering wheel covers.

We're a real company registered and licensed for car rental by the State of Hawaii. We've been in business more than two years and we've served hundreds of customers, so you know that when you rent from us you're going with a company with a proven track record. For newcomers to Maui, we've been known to give guided tours of the windsurfing beaches and other hot spots, including time on the water helping you with everything from bottom turns to flakas - of course you are more likely to get this if you look good in a bikini. As an extra bonus, many of our keychains come with the supermarket discount mini-card that will save you big bucks when you go shopping - they're left over from past customers so we don't even know who gets the bonus points. We're well connected in the windsurf community, you can ask about us at most of the windsurfing shops and sailing beaches. We even rent to kitesurfers, as long as they promise to behave, and we only charge them twice the going rate - just kidding.

I also want to put in a plug for Kimo's Rentacar, when I'm fully booked I refer my callers to him because I know he takes extra good care of his customers and has plenty of cars. The other windsurfing-friendly place to rent from is Sergio's Manaloha Rentacar up in Haiku, he's been in business forever and still chugging along.

Anyone who wants to contact us can find our website Frank's Friendly Cars Maui Car Rental, or www.MauiCarRental.biz. We're listed in all kinds of search engines and directories, and we're even on Facebook - for the month of March we're offering a $5 discount to anyone who joins our Facebook fan page.

Be sure to call ahead when you're coming, even with twenty cars we're 100% booked about thirty days out usually - the reason is that we have the best rental cars for the money on this little rock in the middle of the Pacific, and we're deliberately keeping this thing small so that, among other things, every customer can feel they are one of the lucky few. And, people, regardless of who you choose to rent from, if you're coming for one of the peak seasons, be sure to book as far as you can in advance, as there is a serious shortage of rental cars on Maui during peak season.

Aloha, may all your bottom turns be tight, and all your top turns snappy, and if you think this is a blatantly commercial post, well, you're absolutely right.

PS> Curious, if you want some pointers on the do's and don'ts of the car rental business, feel free to contact me. I know another guy in my neighborhood just getting started with rental cars and he has a little white automatic station wagon that sounds just like yours, if I were you I would try to team up with that guy, maybe you two can have some sort of synergy, what with the matching cars that could be the start of a fleet, plus he's a great mechanic too.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question for all you rent-a-car guys, but do any of you have, or plan to have any 09-10 super clean cars? (mid-size suv/minivan)

I can't put my wife and kids into a beater.
giantbluefin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al West's/Aloha-fits the bill just fine; If you don't know them, you should research them before you do too much work on launching a new car rental biz in Maui. They do an awesome job serving the "rent-a-dent" market in Maui.- CCB
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rent-a-dent, or rent-a-wreck is the way to go if you don't have a wife or partner that wouldn't be cought in one.
Last time there, I rented a beater that ran perfectly, I wish I could remember the rental co., too much pakalolo I guess. Anyway it was a faded red Toyota Celica, with some dents. While cruzing up to Honolua Bay, (no wind, looking for good waves) I found some fuzzy dice, the kind for the rear view mirror, laying by the side of the road, all dirty. I brushed them off and hung them on the mirror. We had boards on top with soft racks, an oldish car, with dice hanging from the mirror, and we were getting waved at by others driving in the other direction, so we'd wave back,,,,,,, go figure. Musta been the dice, hell I don't know to this day, but it worked.
Got some decent waves at the bay also, with no hassels, the locals were checking out our car while pulling our boards off the top, dice and all.
Any moral to the story???
Maybe, look cheap, somewhat unkept, which we were, and you'll have a great time. Cool
curious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank, thanks for the eloquent post. You are definitely on top of things, as your quick reaction to this thread shows.

To everyone else: I know Frank and we are good friends. He did not know that I am "Curious". We had a good laugh about it. I am also the mechanic from the neighborhood he mentions in his post. I opened this thread because I wanted to get directly from the windsurfers what they want - and I did - thanks to all of you.

Stevenbard - I do not have vans this young yet, but if I have something really good looking, I will let you know.

Giantbluefin - thank you for your suggestions. I just called Al West, they rent "old minivans more than 6 years old", as they put it for a $994 a month. I can do it for half of what they are asking. Please, feel free to take advantage of this.

nw30 - Seems like you go with the flow and take it easy along the way. Way to go!

Since I see the names of all the competitors in this thread already, let me mention the name of my new company here as well:

EZ-CARS

Bottom line is: we want to make it easy for our customers to enjoy their time on Maui. We have currently four cars, which makes us the fastest growing company on Maui - 300% in 3 days!!! Very Happy All cars are in great condition, good on gas, 4 cylinder engines, automatic transmission, AC, radio and can be picked up at the airport upon landing.
Our next step - buy more minivans.

The website is:

EZ-cars.com

It is currently under construction.
In the meantime feel free to contact me at 808-276-7325 if you have any questions or to make a reservation.

Thank you all for the great posts. And for everybody who contributed here, I offer 10% off their first rental! To be redeemed within 6 months. Please pm me to get the discounted rate.

Aloha! and...
take it EZ...
motogon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curious wrote:

The website is:

EZ-cars.com

Wow! You have very sofisticated and informative website! Laughing
I can help with website in exchange for car rental for my next trip. Wink
curious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starik333 wrote:
curious wrote:

The website is:

EZ-cars.com

Wow! You have very sofisticated and informative website! Laughing
I can help with website in exchange for car rental for my next trip. Wink

Starrik333, thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that. Let me know when you are coming.

Aloha!
motogon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you PM.
curious

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: mnivan is available Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

This is just an update on the recent progres of EZ-Cars, Maui Car Rental Company.
We have a minivan available in May, it is a nice Mazda MPV, you can put all your gear inside and have two or more people riding in it. Has AC and is automatic. Just as most of you suggested.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you all for your input on helping me out start this enterprise. I hope it works out for everybody.

Aloha!

EZ-cars.com
scottwerden

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the weekly and monthly rate?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: