myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The obstructionist party, GOP, being flushed out? Healthcare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read books or check references, you are likely censored from isos screen or will be.You can create a world around you that matches your vision through the magic of censorship.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PLONKing began after people rejected books they refused to read. One guy even got huffy when I accused him of reading a chapter ... after he said he had read that one chapter.

And censoring is stopping OTHERS from reading stuff; I have no means of or interest in doing that.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plonking was entirely in front of us all. Checking your references and everyone getting sharp about it was the main reason.
Creating a world around you that admits of no other ideas is what starry eyed leftists once did in my youth. Their excuses were roughly the same.
I guess like the Who says
"here comes the new boss ,just like the old boss, except different guys workin for him..."
You may one day stop flacking for the Man and wonder why you ever bought into knee jerk partisan thinking. Most agree that such thinking is hurting our country and pointing the finger at each other just to justify themselves doesn't work.
Not allowed at our school.It doesn't matter if Obama did it too. They still get a demerit.
I see a big self imposed attitude adjustment in many posts here, which has added a lot to the tone and makes contentious posts much more convincing.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
The plonking was entirely in front of us all. Checking your references and everyone getting sharp about it was the main reason.

Crap. Here I actually believed the scores of pages I've written over the years here and in other forums -- including long before I ever heard of most of you -- about why I killfile jerks. Silly me; I should have just asked you to explain it for me.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah its true. We should have. It is important to have peers who you share some interests so we can remind each other of the way it looks out in the common consensus, as opposed to the entirely different view we create in our own bubble.
If we don't do that we drift into a world where we make a habit of only creating our reality and hardly drawing from the real world at all.There is a book or an extremist website to justify anything.....
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, there is an upside to being on isobars' PLONKED list.

Although he claims to censor folks out of his existence, the fact of the matter is that his killfile list still haunts him regularly. He might deny it if cornered, but he's simply not being honest. Just look how many times he brings up the folks on the killfile list in a twisted way, even out of nowhere on the windsurfing side of the forums. It feeds his needy victim side, and he feels that it gives him the stage to whine on incessantly, like folks really care.

Anyone see isobars as the unfairly maligned protagonist here?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studies show Medicaid Is Worse Than No Coverage

That’s according to NYU Med School professor and American Enterprise Institute Fellow Scott Gottlieb in the WSJ Thursday. Why does it matter? Because it will be Obamacare for 1 in 4 of us, by decree. See http://tinyurl.com/6dpgxsk .

• Patients across the country can’t find doctors willing to accept Medicaid because it pays only pennies on the dollar. (A lady published an appeal in our local newspaper just yesterday asking any doctor who will accept her for MediCARE to call her; she cannot find one.) YOU GUYS DENIED JUST MONTHS AGO THAT THIS COULD HAPPEN.

• The WSJ article cites several large published studies showing that even after controlling for other health, socioeconomic, and cultural factors, Medicaid patients are more likely than privately insured patients to suffer cancer metastases, stay longer in hospitals, rack up bigger costs, have major cardiac events, and just die.

• The administration’s solution? Force middle class America into Medicaid so they’ll raise enough hell to funnel more even tax dollars into Obamacare (one cost estimate is another $118B.) Both Democratic and Republican governors are fighting this, preferring instead to run Medicaid -- GET THIS WHACKY IDEA -- like a health program rather than a political morals exercise.

I hope most of you are ready to die for your blind devotion to Obamacare. You may get the chance.

Last edited by isobars on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gottlieb, a conservative fellow at AEI, offered the following comments, which represented the actual thrust behind the WSJ article.

"Patients would be better off if states were able to tailor the benefits that Medicaid covers—targeting resources to sicker people and giving healthy adults cheaper, basic coverage. But federal rules say that everyone has to get the same package of benefits, regardless of health status, needs or personal desires."

The ironic thing is that Gottlieb never even attempted to really outline the reasons why things would be better if states were able to tailor benefits, and more importantly, the core underlining conditions affecting patients involved in such an approach. How can one make an argument without any persuasive hard facts to support it? Lots of so called questionable "facts" about how Medicaid is failing, but little else. The article is shallow, and clearly, politically motivated.

Lastly, since this is coming from the WSJ, where's the business side of things? Certainly, industry money has an interest here.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, Isobars.

Unfortunately, the sensationalistic title of the article "Studies Show Medicaid Is Worse Than No Coverage At All" is misleading. Sort of like the title I read this morning on the Japanese tsunami "Japan Faces Unprecedented Disaster Nuclear Plant Explosion".

By cherry-picking one study that shows a population that performed better without insurance than with Medicaid the bias of this author is apparent. It is too bad, because he does make some very valid points.

Currently (pre Obamacare), physicians can not afford to treat only uninsured and Medicaid clients in their practices. Reimbursement under Medicaid can be ridiculously low.

One error in the Administration's interim approach to getting more folks on Medicaid, largely as a result of the recesssion, is assuming there are providers who will treat these patients with the poor payment levels. Under the current medical delivery system, this will not happen.

By guaranteeing that any patient who walks into a practice has insurance, the new plan, when in place, will allow health care providers to open clinics that will be able to provide better basic care and preventative services. The new plan will provide better reimbursement for this type of care and allow development of alternative treatment (meaning clinics, education and wellness) to reduce costs.

This should, ultimately reduce Medicaid costs and provide better treatment.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see things more in line with coboardhead, particularly since his wife is practicing in the medical field, and as a result, he gets far more exposure to information that many of us don't normally see or experience.

One has to wonder though, whether those folks currently without the finances to afford to buy healthcare under the new reforms will simply be thrown into the Medicaid system. That's not clear to me. Will poor folks be helped to buy insurance, or will they just be Medicare patients? Or possibly, will it be a mix between the two?

While I don't fall into this kind of scenario in my life, I wonder what the picture really is. The right is trying so hard to kill healthcare reform with their arguments, yet one has so little useful information on what they would propose and sell otherwise. That's probably because the have literally nothing to offer, and they can't support it with any real world data predicated on historical fact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 85 of 92

Jump to: