myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where in Florida for wind junkie?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEsailor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
peterkimball, glad to see that you have joined the ranks of the idiots on this forum. The rule is bring all the equipment you are able to bring.

Brucie, Glad to see that you have joined the rank of The only and biggest Troll / insulting / pea brain/ numb nut fool on the forum who everybody likes to laugh at and see fall on his face on this forum. You take the one and only position in that category. Congratulations on a great achievement. Believe me Peter is only one of many normal, intelligent posters who like to see you make a fool of yourself by opening your mouth.

And if you read his post carefully, he is giving you sound advice, but you are just so smart and superior to all of us mere mortals that you definitely should set the rules in your pea brain head.
89Spring

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the Tampa St Pete area? We are heading there tomorrow from SF to scope it out. Basically thinking the same thing as the original poster.
glenherman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Florida sailing Reply with quote

You will find that the west coast of Florida is generally a light wind area. Ahead of a cold front in the fall, winter and spring you can have one day of strong west wind. We will go on a road trip to Wiggins Pass, Naples for great cold weather wavesailing. After the front will be 3 or 4 days of warmer wavesailing on the Florida east coast in easterly winds.
As the others have said in this thread, Good slalom sailing on the intracoastal and excellent wavesailing in the ocean from Jupiter to Cocoa Beach. Real estate prices still depressed on the coast, with Jupiter higher priced. You will be a lot happier if you spend the summers in S.F. bay and winter fall and spring on Floridas' south east coast.
April and May are our best months, the forecast is for strong northeast and east winds all next week. Since our winds are usuallly from the east, the west coast is not sailable even if it is strong east wind. My offer still stands, I have extra gear, message me and I will take you to the good spots along the south east coast.
Glen
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If had to choose between Wiggins and Ft Pierce or Jupiter, I'd never cut across the peninsula. Ocean surf is more prevalent and prolonged vs the Gulf.
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
glenherman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Florida wave sailing Reply with quote

You are right, that we get more wavesailing on the east coast. Road trips over to Naples are fun for the rare good west wind days.
Yesterday we had good 20 mph wind and knee to waist high waves at Boynton Inlet. We had some shoulder high waves come in around sunset. What a great day, fully powered up on a 6.3 sail and a 99 liter board, clear water, clean waves and bikini girls surfing at the dredge pipe.
Who were the the 2 windsurfers, one with a silver helmet, who were out but took off immediately after we got there after work? It was nice to see someone else besides Van and me out there. Could the 89spring California poster be here? It would be surprising if they found their way to the Obscure spot of the Boynton Inlet without local knowledge.
It is going to be bigger waves and stonger winds today.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the silver helmet sailor gets around quite a bit. might want to ask him for his autograph. tell him i sent ya. LOL.
glenherman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday was 5.3 sails with solid head high waves!!!! Enough north in the n.e wind for and easy launch from the first beach, then straight out to the break. Once again, Van and I the only ones out after the lifeguards left and you can use the first beach with its protection from shore break.

Tatoo covered kiter girl told me silver helmet was out windsurfing again, but left early. I visited all three of those links and did not see anyone with a silver helmet. I assume you (jingesbritsen) are him.

Thursday a little lighter at 15 to 20 with waist high waves. Total of four windsurfers sailing. Van out on his Kona, I had a god session on my AHD 99 liter board. He says jingebritsen made a good recommendation with that board.

These California people would make a huge mistake to go to Tampa with its' light wind instead of here with our world class conditions.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been windy here in central Florida for the last ten days or more, but it isn't much more than a 6.9 or 8.0 for me at 235 lbs. Since I have put away the windsurfing equipment in the hopes that time will cure my injured shoulder, I haven't been terribly disappointed about it. The risks out weigh the rewards. It's been harder to find ways to keep busy, but if you choose the sporting life, you have to be prepared for injury. I'm also taking the Formula board back to Cape Cod where my 11 meter rig is. It would be to my advantage to have it here, but I'm hoping to be able to sail by August of this year when the winds are light on the Cape.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I ain't silver helmet. He's the mystery man of windsurfing. Everywhere he goes, people ask, "How does he make a living, always on the water...." Boynton Inlet to Titusville would be where I would choose to move to from other parts. Lotsa micro climates to explore and exploit. What I like about one area is not available to the next.

Mine, up N, offers a Cape of significant size. Got a lot of opp's to sail side shore to side off. Get our share of sea breezes too. Jupiter to Boynton may get more sea breeze action, but less fronts, and gales.

pueno

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:
I'm also taking the Formula board back to Cape Cod...

And when is that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: