myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 526, 527, 528 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As they say, science doesn't care whether you believe it.

Quote:
Coastal communities from Maine to California have been put on notice from one of the top credit rating agencies: Start preparing for climate change or risk losing access to cheap credit.

In a report to its clients Tuesday, Moody’s Investors Service Inc. explained how it incorporates climate change into its credit ratings for state and local bonds. If cities and states don’t deal with risks from surging seas or intense storms, they are at greater risk of default.

"What we want people to realize is: If you’re exposed, we know that. We’re going to ask questions about what you’re doing to mitigate that exposure," Lenny Jones, a managing director at Moody’s, said in a phone interview. "That’s taken into your credit ratings."

In its report, Moody’s lists six indicators it uses "to assess the exposure and overall susceptibility of U.S. states to the physical effects of climate change." They include the share of economic activity that comes from coastal areas, hurricane and extreme-weather damage as a share of the economy, and the share of homes in a flood plain.

Based on those overall risks, Texas, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi are among the states most at risk from climate change. Moody’s didn’t identify which cities or municipalities were most exposed.

Those who actually deal with risk know they need to believe science. Those who con angry old white men don't care.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Those who actually deal with risk know they need to believe science. Those who con angry old white men don't care.

Not surprising, according to mac, there is even racism involved in the dispute over global warming.
Such a racist world mac lives in, it must be terrifying.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you would bite. And ignore the facts. Congratulations, you are predictable as well as ignorant.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to the hand.
You have a common thread that goes thru almost everyone of your posts, racism and/or some form of bigotry, and I love to point out that flaw in your posts. Then you will come back with something like this, but more often with "over your head", to which I always chuckle.

Your strong attachment to blaming racism and/or bigotry is so pervasive that you probably don't even realize that it is under your head, thru you head, and has totally infected your head.

I am so happy that I don't own a head like yours, my world is a much nicer place that is constantly improving as time goes on. To bad that your world view will never allow you to see it.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW—I pull your chain because you are an enabler. You are dead wrong in not understanding that racism is resurgent in thos country, encouraged by Trump and his alt-right values. You are also sadly mistaken in not understanding that the silence of those conservatives like you encourages the bigots.

But then maybe you can show me some of your posts demurring when Matty used the racial slour “Obongo”, or when someone using your avatar posed a misogynistic photo of a woman you disagreed with. If you can find three of those poistings I’ll owe you an apology. Until then, I’ll remind you that all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to look the other way.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't agree with me, what, am I supposed to think otherwise? Hardly.
You live in your world of fear, paranoia, and the "evil" opposition,,,, and I'll live in mine which is mostly based on optimism and looking forward to tomorrow.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the sun is important to climat. More cooling ahead

As the sun gets successively more blank with each day, due to lack of sunspots, it is also dimming. According to data from NASA’s Spaceweather, so far in 2017, 96 days (27%) of the days observing the sun have been without sunspots. Here is the view today from the NASA Solar Dynamics Observatory satellite:

Solar Dynamics Observatory HMI Continuum image more at WUWT’s solar reference page: https://wattsupwiththat.com/reference-pages/solar/

Today at Cape Canaveral, SpaceX launched a new sensor to the International Space Station named TSIS-1. Its mission: to measure the dimming of the sun’s irradiance. It will replace the aging SORCE spacecraft. NASA SDO reports that as the sunspot cycle plunges toward its 11-year minimum, NASA satellites are tracking a decline in total solar irradiance (TSI).

Across the entire electromagnetic spectrum, the sun’s output has dropped nearly 0.1% compared to the Solar Maximum of 2012-2014. This plot shows the TSI since 1978 as observed from nine previous satellites:
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malibu posts from a paid denier--and can't manage to spell climate.

Burn your school dude, it failed you.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spelling Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
That's so deep.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Spelling Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
That's so deep.

It is when you are a constant offender-- you lose, or loose as you say, your credibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 526, 527, 528 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 527 of 573

Jump to: