myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 498, 499, 500 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
I'm sure you applauded the CBO when it panned the Obama budgets and the Trillion dollar deficits it produced...The CBO has been around for over 40 years, and like the GAO, is one of the only mechanisms tax payers(like myself) have to help determine if we're being fleeced. Criticizing the CBO when its findings are politically inconvenient exposes your thin political bias.

People who consider the CBO as the end all of all things being accurate, are the same people who believe in big government.
Which in itself is ironic, beings that the same people who believe in big government (the democrats) are also the same people who are all of a sudden treating Russia as being the big evil empire. That same Russia has a big government, they have their hands on everything, who until Trump was elected, was the darling country of the left.
As for Obama's budget, that just showed that EVEN the CBO couldn't buy into his budget, it was that bad.

nope, wrong again, you're good. The CBO is one of the only internal agencies that scores financial outlays by our wasteful Government. The Republicans quote it all the time when it suits their cause, and many small Government Republican advocates, like Douglas Holtz-Eken have headed it up.. Its one of many tools that can be used to predict spending ...just one.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big government is a reality no matter whether the Democrats or Republicans are running things. What really matters is what you want government to do.

Based on decades of history, Republicans have a history of not paying for what they do and driving up debt. It's no small wonder that Democrats have historically done better for the nation economically. They simply have better ideas, and they are notably much more responsible overall.

One only has to look at what's going on now to see a picture of the nation going down the tubes with Donald Trump and the Republican party at the helm. Six months in, and what's happened? Nothing but ridiculous executive edicts and unhinged tweets moving everything in the wrong direction. Moreover, our power and stature in the world is quickly deteriorating with Trump as president. Predictably, Republican leadership is weak and poorly focused. It's no big surprise that they are foolishly battling themselves thwarting any real progress. It's much easier to tear things down than to build them up.

Sad.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
I'm sure you applauded the CBO when it panned the Obama budgets and the Trillion dollar deficits it produced...The CBO has been around for over 40 years, and like the GAO, is one of the only mechanisms tax payers(like myself) have to help determine if we're being fleeced. Criticizing the CBO when its findings are politically inconvenient exposes your thin political bias.

Their calculations do not take into account a 30% reduction in premiums. Nor, skinny plans. Nor, a tight job market....which has begun costing me big bucks. Since Trump was elected, my payroll is up 20%

Malibu. You are self employed as am I. How do you buy health insurance? Just curious. The only options available to me are ACA policies on the markets or policies that are not ACA compatible and subject to a "fine"...which doesn't happen for a lot of us BTW. Those non compliant plans can be cancelled if I get sick.

Before the ACA I had two plans available in my market and each could be cancelled anytime. Why are you immune to the effects of repealing the ACA?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
This beautiful machine is capable of scrubbing C02. The more we release, the more it scrubs. How can your binary models really comprehend so many variables? Far too complicated for my simple mind. You are clearly far more intelligent than me CB.

I do not jest.

The warmers accept global warming the same way the CBO (and Chuck Schumer) scores healthcare proposals, not taking unknown variables into account, like human behavior in regards to healthcare. With the healthcare proposals it's all about how many people will loose their healthcare which could endanger their health, but not considering how many people will quit their healthcare insurance in preference to paying for whatever they need, when they need it, not risking their health in the process.
With global warming, it's a linear result w/o considering all the unknown fluctuations that can and do occur, so many unknowns, here is an example of that.
https://www.iceagenow.info/sea-levels-are-falling/

Let the source bashers freak, I don't care, and read the comments after the article while you're at it.

Wow! If the GOP is successful I will lose my health insurance and so will a dozen or so friends. Pretty simple. My entire financial security will be subject to an illness.

It's not about a choice to pay out of pocket or not. A cancer treatment can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The GOP is playing loose with the security of millions of Americans and they should be ashamed.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure many Republicans know enough to be sure of what they are doing, much less feel ashamed. A sad state. In the case of government involvement in health care, ideology trumps facts or understanding. If you just know it must be wrong, and evolution is just a theory, and ...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
nw30 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
This beautiful machine is capable of scrubbing C02. The more we release, the more it scrubs. How can your binary models really comprehend so many variables? Far too complicated for my simple mind. You are clearly far more intelligent than me CB.

I do not jest.

The warmers accept global warming the same way the CBO (and Chuck Schumer) scores healthcare proposals, not taking unknown variables into account, like human behavior in regards to healthcare. With the healthcare proposals it's all about how many people will loose their healthcare which could endanger their health, but not considering how many people will quit their healthcare insurance in preference to paying for whatever they need, when they need it, not risking their health in the process.
With global warming, it's a linear result w/o considering all the unknown fluctuations that can and do occur, so many unknowns, here is an example of that.

Let the source bashers freak, I don't care, and read the comments after the article while you're at it.

Wow! If the GOP is successful I will lose my health insurance and so will a dozen or so friends. Pretty simple. My entire financial security will be subject to an illness.

It's not about a choice to pay out of pocket or not. A cancer treatment can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The GOP is playing loose with the security of millions of Americans and they should be ashamed.

Are you insane? People by the tens of thousands cannot even buy coverage today. Double and triple increases and huge deductibles. My insurance has more than doubled. BTW, Trump's plan would allow for preexisting conditions. Why won't you be able to get a great plan?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
nw30 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:

I do not jest.

Are you insane? People by the tens of thousands cannot even buy coverage today. Double and triple increases and huge deductibles. My insurance has more than doubled. BTW, Trump's plan would allow for preexisting conditions. Why won't you be able to get a great plan?

There is no plan! And, there is nothing to help shore up
The market in smaller areas like mine. Without subsidies for other poorer people the market gets even smaller and less attractive to insurers.

I assume you are in the individual market
Place? Of course California has real markets in the larger cities so you may be able to buy Kaiser or something similar. Not even available where I am.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GOP has not come forth with any cost saving strategies.
The rural hospital where my wife is on staff is shaking in their boots. If the Medicaid expansion disappears the hospital will be unable to afford to treat everyone.

A small HMO that my wife is a provider for is getting out of the individual market regardless of the survival of the ACA in all their rural counties. They aren't coming back. They cite market insecurities.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBO says 30% cost reduction. Whatever did we do 5 years ago? Everyone had access to insurance and cost was half of today's.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I'm not sure many Republicans know enough to be sure of what they are doing, much less feel ashamed. A sad state. In the case of government involvement in health care, ideology trumps facts or understanding. If you just know it must be wrong, and evolution is just a theory, and ...

You are adding to your own global warming, big time.
If the repub's are as stupid as you let on, then the dems must be smarter, right?
Then why is Hillary not president, genius?!?

And do not tell me the Russians.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 498, 499, 500 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 499 of 573

Jump to: