myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 495, 496, 497 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by nw30 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Nice one Mr. G. But in our relentlessly growing P.C. world, it should now be the other way about!

As I'm sure you will know, the 'right on' B.B.C., that bastion of inclusiveness, have now appointed the latest Dr. Who, the all wise and knowing Time Lord of the universe, as a young (naturally) woman!! (She will no doubt vanquish the Darleks with a mere toss of her perfectly made-up head.) The backlash has already started.

Human nature cannot be changed. Boys have always needed powerful male role models. To deprive them of such, and replace them by feminists, is, in my opinion, a form of psychological abuse.

Interestingly, some mothers of young boys are also ringing alarm bells at this relentless feminist agenda.

This is a thread on hot air, right?
Harry Callahan on feminism~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rcIJIWqYmo
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys afraid of women too?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is funny stuff. Old men posting with disdain about feminists.

You better hope when you geezers go into the hospital, you get a woman physician because a major study by JAMA showed they have a lower death rate than their male counterparts. And, your bill will be smaller because they don't make as much money.

Ohhh... I get it now.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C.B. You may be an expert on medical matters, but education (indoctrination?) of young boys minds is another matter.

Girls now outperform boys in schools. The reasons are complex, but basically, the system has changed in favour of girls, to the disadvantage of boys. To cite just a few reasons- 95% of primary school teachers are women - lessons tend towards 'emoting' as against facts - course work steadily replacing exams - all which the girls prefer, but the boys do not.

Consequently, many boys, especially those from less stable or privileged backgrounds with poor male role models, simply switch off! That has nothing to do with intelligence, but with neglect of their inbuilt needs!

Can anybody with insight, or just plain common sense, claim that this is a satisfactory state of affairs in the future balance between the sexes? (Or the good of society?)
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. To clear a point C.B.

People react to old age and decline, and medical intervention to prolong life, in different ways. Perhaps culture, or upbringing, or just personality play a part. (We have a national Health Service so cost to the patient plays no part in our decision to accept or reject treatment.)

Personally, I couldn't care less who operates on me provided it's MY choice to either accept, or decline, to prolong my life in the event of some severe age related problem. Having experienced sufficient mishaps in life, including a cancer removal op 6 years ago, I accept what will, or will not be. I've seen sufficient suffering among friends and family, and I would rather just go, than prolonging things.

I even accept the thought of suicide, as I'm sure was the case with a terminally ill (cancer) teaching friend, as his life became unbearable.

In the end, everybody faces things alone, in their own way!
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Further proving that the left has no.................................. . . . .
Nah, not worth my time.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT, As usual, common sense is more persuasive than unctuous commentary. Coincidentally, my son and his wife are avid Dr. Who followers. They and their family have been living with us for 6 months while serious tree damage to their house is fixed, so the adults all watched the last series. The black, lesbian traveling companion, albeit an endearing character, gave an indication as to where the BBC was headed for our betterment, despite the precedents of the last half century plus. Doubtless they are already penciling in a transgender or non-binary Doctor for the future to ensure our continuing education. Ironic, however, that recent reporting requirements show that the BBC, with it's finger wagging and preaching about inequality, pays its female staff considerably less than their male counterparts. It rarely takes much effort to find hypocrisy in the midst of sanctimony.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic. Coal is good for the economy, isn't it. http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/hardin-coal-plant-owes-m-in-taxes-leaving-schools-government/article_2c01a783-50a5-5511-8dbb-db085f581526.html
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Having read the responses, the only appropriate reaction is:

Quote:
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Too delicious to not quote Shakespeare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 495, 496, 497 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 496 of 573

Jump to: