myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 494, 495, 496 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Bard's source--surprise, a right-wing denier site. Bard couldn't even clip it in a way to make it coherent: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-15/research-team-slams-global-warming-data-new-report-not-reality-totally-inconsistent-

Bard probably picked it up on Breitbart, where it was given credence, It is nonsense. http://www.snopes.com/climatology-fraud-global-warming/

Just one peer reviewed study is all I've asked. Not another Lord Moncton-type crock. This one is a blog post.

Bard--do you realize how dumb this makes you look? Got it, been there, done that.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's odd, the way our memory works!

In talking of rivers running down into the sea, I was reminded of a lad who was convinced that it was a one way process, and sea levels were always rising. His father had told him so, and he was infallible!

It naturally led me into a diversion to explain the wonderful self adjusting system by which rain clouds (weather systems) are formed, and how the solar driven cycle just goes on and on and on. One girl thought that water spouts (she'd seen film of a big out at sea) were a major factor, but of course, they are very rare.

But I couldn't resist going a bit further, and mentioning the impossibility of the Noah's Ark fable - a classic ancient misconception of sea level rise from continual rainfall, sufficient to even cover a whole mountain range!) I asked how any sane person could actually accept such a thing as being reality?

I might have known what to expect! A complaint from a parent that I was ridiculing his faith. Human nature really is crazy at times! How does reason and education combat such??
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings GT,

The world is pretty small (and easy to flood) when your travel technology is a donkey (or an ox). ;*)

I understand the Noah story may be fashioned on an earlier story about a Mesopotamian flood. Perhaps you should consider the 11th tablet
of the Gilgamesh epic.

You know, just for grins.

-Craig

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
It's odd, the way our memory works!

In talking of rivers running down into the sea, I was reminded of a lad who was convinced that it was a one way process, and sea levels were always rising. His father had told him so, and he was infallible!

It naturally led me into a diversion to explain the wonderful self adjusting system by which rain clouds (weather systems) are formed, and how the solar driven cycle just goes on and on and on. One girl thought that water spouts (she'd seen film of a big out at sea) were a major factor, but of course, they are very rare.

But I couldn't resist going a bit further, and mentioning the impossibility of the Noah's Ark fable - a classic ancient misconception of sea level rise from continual rainfall, sufficient to even cover a whole mountain range!) I asked how any sane person could actually accept such a thing as being reality?

I might have known what to expect! A complaint from a parent that I was ridiculing his faith. Human nature really is crazy at times! How does reason and education combat such??
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Come on Bard, why plagiarize other folks' work? You need to be more honest about what you do and where you look for your news and information, particularly when sharing it here.

I am only throwing Molotov cocktails at the worshipers and don't have time to prepare a bibliography.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--you have no idea about the science and you are just trolling. But as usual, dead wrong.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Craig, greetings! (Go in peace, my son.)

We had all that ancient history thrust down our throats in divinity lectures. I once suggested to an ark enthusiast that the frequent catastrophic floods in those regions simply drained away over the edges of their small flat world, leaving Noah stranded on a mountain peak, and probably giving Atlas, who was supporting the whole edifice with his strong hairy arms, an almighty semi-drowning gobfull. which, in turn, would explain the origin of all their ground shaking earthquakes.

I sorta wish I had been born in those days - much more fun than our politically obsessed world of today!
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with ya GT, but I couldn't handle the ancient dentists and doctors. Shocked
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you do have a downside there N.W. Once, during a kayak camping journey in the wilder reaches of the Scottish Islands, I got a raging toothache, and had to seek a dentist. He had an old fashioned wire and pulley drilling contraption, and a maniacal expression on his face!

I didn't pay much attention in those ancient Biblical history lessons, my mind was on higher matters. I'd just rebuilt my old 500cc Ariel single, and the cylinder head gasket was blowing slightly. (Was wondering how much tighter I could spanner it down!)

Besides, I'd lost track of who begat who, and for what, or why? I thought there were far too many little begatters to care, anyway!

It's a pity we have to grow up, isn't it. Where does youth disappear to? Crying or Very sad
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT, Perhaps the people to your South are more manly when it comes to dentistry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMXFWDm5jHQ
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Mr. G. But in our relentlessly growing P.C. world, it should now be the other way about!

As I'm sure you will know, the 'right on' B.B.C., that bastion of inclusiveness, have now appointed the latest Dr. Who, the all wise and knowing Time Lord of the universe, as a young (naturally) woman!! (She will no doubt vanquish the Darleks with a mere toss of her perfectly made-up head.) The backlash has already started.

Human nature cannot be changed. Boys have always needed powerful male role models. To deprive them of such, and replace them by feminists, is, in my opinion, a form of psychological abuse.

Interestingly, some mothers of young boys are also ringing alarm bells at this relentless feminist agenda.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 494, 495, 496 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 495 of 573

Jump to: