myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 460, 461, 462 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LHDR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good opinion, mac. I also wonder if mrgybe, aside from the usual, has a point with the distinction between maximum capacity and average output. The 90% number in the article seems to be max capacity but the more relevant number should be actual output.

Regardless, I'm heartened by the fact that solar is competitive with fossil fuels in some parts and will only become more so in the coming years.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and there is more. The success of Obama's approach really gets under gybe's skin, http://time.com/4662116/renewable-energy-fossil-fuels-growth/https://morningconsult.com/2017/02/09/wind-energy-surpasses-hydropower-top-source-renewable-capacity/
mac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And more--courtesy of a fossil fuel web site, Morning Consult. Maybe we need to give Perry credit? Dinosaurs are howling. http://news.trust.org/item/20170206001726-iiui5/?source=hpbreaking
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anybody but,,,,,,,,,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DAVID ROSE: How can we trust global warming scientists if they keep twisting the truth 
2/11/17

They were duped – and so were we. That was the conclusion of last week’s damning revelation that world leaders signed the Paris Agreement on climate change under the sway of unverified and questionable data.
A landmark scientific paper –the one that caused a sensation by claiming there has been NO slowdown in global warming since 2000 – was critically flawed. And thanks to the bravery of a whistleblower, we now know that for a fact.
The response has been extraordinary, with The Mail on Sunday’s disclosures reverberating around the world. There have been nearly 150,000 Facebook ‘shares’ since last Sunday, an astonishing number for a technically detailed piece, and extensive coverage in media at home and abroad.

It has even triggered an inquiry by Congress. Lamar Smith, the Texas Republican who chairs the House of Representatives’ science committee, is renewing demands for documents about the controversial paper, which was produced by America’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the world’s leading source of climate data.
In his view, the whistleblower had shown that ‘NOAA cheated and got caught’. No wonder Smith and many others are concerned: the revelations go to the very heart of the climate change industry and the scientific claims we are told we can trust.
Remember, the 2015 Paris Agreement imposes gigantic burdens and its effects are felt on every household in the country. Emissions pledges made by David Cameron will cost British consumers a staggering £319 billion by 2030 – almost three times the annual budget for the NHS in England.
That is not the end of it. Taxpayers also face an additional hefty contribution to an annual £80 billion in ‘climate aid’ from advanced countries to the developing world. That is on top of our already gargantuan aid budget. Green levies and taxes already cost the average household more than £150 a year.

The contentious paper at the heart of this furore – with the less than accessible title of Possible Artifacts Of Data Biases In The Recent Global Surface Warming Hiatus – was published just six months before the Paris conference by the influential journal Science.
It made a sensational claim: that contrary to what scientists have been saying for years, there was no ‘pause’ or ‘slowdown’ in global warming in the early 21st Century.
Indeed, this ‘Pausebuster’ paper as it has become known, claimed the rate of warming was even higher than before, making ‘urgent action’ imperative.

There can be no doubting the impact of this document. It sat prominently in the scientific briefings handed out to international negotiators, including EU and UK diplomats.
An official report from the European Science Advisory Council stated that the paper had ‘refined the corrections in temperature records’ and shown the warming rate after 2000 was higher than for 1950-99.
So, flawed as it was, the Pausebuster paper unquestionably helped persuade world leaders to sign an agreement that imposes massive emissions cuts on developed countries.
No wonder, then, that our revelations were met with fury by green propagandists. Some claimed the MoS had published ‘fake news’. One scientist accused me of becoming the ‘David Irving of climate change denial’ – a reference to the infamous Holocaust denier.
Yet perhaps more damaging is the claim from some in the green lobby that our disclosures are small beer. In fact, their importance cannot be overstated. They strike at the heart of climate science because they question the integrity of the global climate datasets on which pretty much everything else depends.
The whistleblower is a man called Dr John Bates, who until last year was one of two NOAA ‘principal scientists’ working on climate issues. And as he explained to the MoS, one key concern is the reliability of new data on sea temperatures issued in 2015 at the same time as the Pausebuster paper.

For the rest~
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4216180/How-trust-global-warming-scientists-asks-David-Rose.html
mac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shh,don't tell anybody but the paper you are questioning has been confirmed by 2 more.

Keep sippin that kool-aid.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, anything to keep the grant money flowing, it's all about the Benjamins.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Shh,don't tell anybody but the paper you are questioning has been confirmed by 2 more.

Keep sippin that kool-aid.

Of course the babes suckling at the government teat will fight to the end for their rice bowls.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I did not claim, nor did the article, that renewables have reached the level of conventional sources. To claim I did so is, again, a baldfaced lie.

Poor old chap. Once again becoming irate about something he invented. I never made that claim or anything remotely like it. Then he bleats that the Port of Oakland isn't really a public entity and it pays his pension. It doesn't. The California Public Employees (aka government workers) Retirement System does. I hope he thanks the taxpayers.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/01/borenstein-will-calpers-finally-get-serious-about-funding-pensions/
mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gybe--I can see you failed to consult your spiritual advisor--or the facts. I guess you can contemplate those alternate facts during the time you spend n purgatory. Increasing as I type.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Gybe--I can see you failed to consult your spiritual advisor--or the facts. I guess you can contemplate those alternate facts during the time you spend n purgatory. Increasing as I type.

Pope Mac has thus spoken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 460, 461, 462 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 461 of 573

Jump to: