myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 455, 456, 457 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Is there any place in the Northern hemisphere that isn't freezing? I just arrived in Mammoth. Dumping snow by the meter.

Ps GT, they sell a small gas generator at our local harbor freight for $89. Enough to heat and light a room in your home. Good luck surviving this winter.....a normal winter by all standards.

Steve, when you're bored in a day or two, come up to Squaw for the weekend...

Boggs you must have a nice place at Squaw. When are they going to connect to AM.?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Is there any place in the Northern hemisphere that isn't freezing? I just arrived in Mammoth. Dumping snow by the meter.

Ps GT, they sell a small gas generator at our local harbor freight for $89. Enough to heat and light a room in your home. Good luck surviving this winter.....a normal winter by all standards.

Boggs you must have a nice place at Squaw. When are they going to connect to AM.?

Matty, I have an old school 80's condo near the base. 990 square feet, man cave crash pad....wife hates it... The Gondola is going in 2019-2020 season.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:

Matty, I have an old school 80's condo near the base. 990 square feet, man cave crash pad....wife hates it... The Gondola is going in 2019-2020 season.

Sounds perfect, Its all about ski in ski out for me. No hassles with roofs and shoveling and all the headaches that come with free standing second home.

Jealous!!!!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell are we, mice or men! What's with this age nonsense?

We are blanketed in Arctic snow and freezing gale force winds, with mahusive surf, (coastal evacuations in some places at risk), so we're all supposed to cower in our houses with blankets and hot water bottles according to the rampant nanny state!

Well I've just watched a blackbird in the garden (no idea how old he is) furiously digging out some breakfast, so if a tiny bundle of feathers can cope, so can I!

Will load up my playboat kayak, and pile on my tried and tested super wetsuit gear multiple layers (only nose showing) and hightail off to the main shipping estuary wit its huge non breaking swell, just to be able to say - I WAS THERE!

Enough of this self defeating retrospection. I'm bursting with enthusiasm, as of old!!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mission accomplished, but humbled and overawed.

Mayhem all along our North Sea coastline from that rare event of a gale driven storm surge, combined with high Springs. (Not as severe as the catastrophic 1953 event thankfully.)

Took the playboat into the more sheltered mile wide estuary of our major N.E. port. The swells were of that big confused, rearing up but not quite breaking before dying back down, but highly intimidating nevertheless. Wind snatch on the paddle blades certainly didn't help.

The feeling was of that, never quite sure if you should be out here type, ranging from exhiliration to sheer fright! It's a quite different feeling to windsurfing where you make your own dynamics from carrying speed. In the kayak you are at the mercy of the sea dynamics hurling you about, as you crawl at snails pace and full exertion to get the hell out of it. A sure fire way of showing you how insignicant you really are, in the face of the elemental sea.

A big ship was thrusting out to the open sea, which from my position low down on the surface was a rearing seething cauldron of surf and huge breakers. Even it looke vulnerable, though I supposed it was safe enough. (I hope so!)

Sorry for going on, but I feel I have to get it off my chest. I felt I should have been out there, but to what real purpose? I t wasn't just fun or daring, but more an affinity with the sea. But I'm under no illusion about how insignificant my presence really was. Yet it must have some personal significance, or life is just a silly joke!
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT...next adventure Red Bull Storm Chase?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT,
I just paid my hydro bill, and I'm, or should I say, us Ontarians are feeling your pain at the hand of Liberal guidance. Our Liberal provincial government is now probably one of the most despised in history.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/boondoggle-how-ontarios-pursuit-of-renewable-energy-broke-the-provinces-electricity-system?__lsa=8b20-3b0c
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N.P.

The figures in our country for power generation on a quite common light breeze winter day last year.

Coal and Gas 70%, Nuclear 21%, I mport from abroad 8%, and Wind Turbines 0.6%.

The conclusion from your 2005 analysis that adding new pollution control technology to coal fired generating stations would remove a high percentage of their pollution emissions, AND would guarantee reliable and constant power generation more so than the pursuit of entirely green initiatives, is spot on!

Our consumer costs have risen higher even than yours. Electricity is now virtually rationed according to income, especially for the vulnerable and frail elderly, who have to rely on pensions.

Reality is a bitch!
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How timely, another letter in the mail informing us that our hydro rates will be increasing AGAIN! I live near Pickering and Darlington nuclear power stations within 15 km of my home. Yet we pay the highest rates for hydro nationally.... Insane! Their next tactic will be an increase in natural gas, and gas at the pump. It sure is great they have us all in conservation mode, so they can punish us for being so frugal, and environmentally conscious. Nothing like flipping the bill for rewarded and experimental incompetence.

Some of our stats:

https://www.cns-snc.ca/media/ontarioelectricity/ontarioelectricity.html

http://www.ontario-hydro.com/electricity-rates-by-province
http://www.randyhilliermpp.com/hydro_facts

The idiots who rule our roost have done their best to make home ownership a seemingly impossible dream for the 20-30 somethings with their taxes, user fees, and fees, fees, fees.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didja see Reid in drag (Elizabeth Warren) at Carson's confirmation hearing demanding to know what he was going to do about GLOBAL WARMING? She reportedly presented a 9-page document on that issue for him to resolve.

He's the HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT nominee.

Some other left-wing freak was demanding over and over and over to know how Pompeo would combat GLOBAL WARMING. Four points about THAT for the lefties here:
1. HE'S UP FOR CIA DIRECTOR.
2. HIS JOB IS TO GATHER INTELLIGENCE DATA.
3. IF HE TOLD HER HOW THE CIA GATHERS INTEL, HE'D HAVE TO KILL HER.
4. HE MAJORED IN ENGINEERING. THE STUPID DITZ ASKING THE QUESTIONS WAS OBVIOUSLY A BASKETWEAVING MAJOR. (Guess who understands science better.)

And didja see Joy Behar (she's left of Warren) nodding in approval as Biden or somebody asked how Trump dare question Clapper's credibility as DNI and the reputation of the intel community in general ... that of COURSE Putin hacked our election?
UM, for the lefties ...
1. THEY CONVENIENTLY FORGOT THAT IT WAS BAD INTEL THAT SENT BUSH INTO IRAQ IN THE FIRST PLACE.
2. IT WASN'T WHO SPILLED THE BEANS ON HILLARY THAT COST HER THE ELECTION; IT WAS THE BEANS THEMSELVES.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 455, 456, 457 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 456 of 573

Jump to: