myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 361, 362, 363 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
We have had a handful of weak numbers recently(4 straight poor durable reports), and weak earnings(not Apple), setting up for a tough 2015.

Is it possible you are beginning to understand the difference between being negative and being realistic!! Congratulations young man!

I call it the way I see it. Nothing has changed here, Senor. Tidbit: 35% of US CapEx is oil/oil service. Chevron cut $6B TODAY from 2015 budget. Conoco $2B yesterday. If the average cut is 12% per company, it will have a NET negative on US economy in second half, regardless of the tailwind for the consumer. At 65-70, this math wasnt relevant, at 45-50 its quite relevant.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
Liberals whine about sending troops to defend oil overseas...

You are in favor of sending US troops overseas to defend oil reserves?

I am in favor of removing the need to do that by developing our own reserves.

That really did not answer the question, did it? If the need exists as your answer implies, then you are in favor of sending troops to defend oil reserves overseas?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the inability to access those reserves threatens our national security.......yes. BTW, you were going to tell us all about your new and improved alternative to the US system of jurisprudence. Did I miss it?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
If the inability to access those reserves threatens our national security.......yes. BTW, you were going to tell us all about your new and improved alternative to the US system of jurisprudence. Did I miss it?

That sounds like corporate welfare to me. Sure wish I had access to the US military to protect my security interests.

As for the legal system - Sorry, I went out of town shortly after that exchange and was not in front of my computer. Did you ever agree that the non-indictment may have been the wrong decision? My response was premised on your agreement.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
It is not [like the Grand Canyon]. It is flat, rather uninteresting and downright barren in winter.

And therein lies the major difference between ANWR and southern Utah; the latter is infinitely more scenic and is readily available to any American resident or visitor. I have ridden 4X4s and ridden and raced dirt bikes all OVER southern Utah -- WAY over 50,000 miles -- without leaving any tracks (it's sand and rock), with the government's permission, without disturbing anyone simply because it IS so big and dispersed (it's common to cover hundreds of miles in a day and see no one at all except the guys you brung to the party), and often in direct and formal assistance to the state and federal governments. I value that time and space even more than anything the Columbia Gorge has to offer.

ANWR? Tundra and mosquitoes, and all we want from it is 2,100 lousy acres of tundra plus a pipeline route/caribou heater, as part of making us less energy-dependent on the middle east -- i.e., ISIS, probably even within my remaining lifetime. Opposition to that is like the zero-tolerance freaks who actually believe eliminating every last radioactive molecule in and near the Columbia River at ANY cost is a rational demand.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
That sounds like corporate welfare to me.
You may want to give that a little more thought

youwindsurf wrote:
Sure wish I had access to the US military to protect my security interests.
You do.

As for the legal system, if you couldn't be bothered to read my response to your question, I don't plan to repeat it.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe, it is barren until a couple hundred million gallons of oil spill. Then it will be filled with dead crap. Oh but that will never happen.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
That sounds like corporate welfare to me.
You may want to give that a little more thought

youwindsurf wrote:
Sure wish I had access to the US military to protect my security interests.
You do.

As for the legal system, if you couldn't be bothered to read my response to your question, I don't plan to repeat it.

I have some folks who owe me money (my security), perhaps I'll call the military and ask them to lean on them for me.

If you won't repeat, I'll accept your defeat.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frederick said:
Quote:
mrgybe, it is barren until a couple hundred million gallons of oil spill. Then it will be filled with dead crap. Oh but that will never happen.

I guess we should just shut down all drilling for fear of a spill. Now there is a realistic solution. Any reason ANWR would be at greater risk for a spill than, say Prudhoe Bay?
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Locking up billions of barrels of oil that would improve the country's energy security and lower prices for everyone...."

Lower prices for everyone? Fools might want to believe that kind of BS, but thoughtful folks know better. The only reason we are seeing lower gas prices is because the Saudis are making it happen for their own reasons. No way in the world are US oil companies going to purposefully over produce to promote lower pricing over the long term. It's a very poor business strategy over the long haul, especially since many sources of crude in North America are more costly to develop and refine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 361, 362, 363 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 362 of 573

Jump to: