myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 347, 348, 349 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good science. They take the new data and try to explain it. If further data supports the new explanatio, it begins to be more generally accepted.

There is no political score being kept at the level most real scientists work.

If one of them finds some strong contrary data, that is as good of a win as some strong supporting data in the world away from partisanship.

The political score is a self delusion. I have read several articles linked here by people who clearly did not read them through. They are celebrating the
"proof " in an article because of the title, when the article itself says they are wrong.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry palsy, but there is no "proof" either way, that's the point.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--you are silly as well as ill-informed. But of course, you only pay attention to right wing media. The average temperature in the antarctic is well below freezing. In the arctic it is close to freezing. Physics matter. Only a fool or a pimp for carbon would conflate ice in the antarctic to the end of global warming. Only a true believer who doesn't understand or trust science would believe it. Smile, they know who you are.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macky boy, please refer to my post above yours, that's the point.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to laugh, or you'd cry. I find it comforting that we (Britain) aren't about to fry. According to prediction, global warming we get colder, global cooling same anyway. (But either way, the forests of confounded windmills will hopefully all seize up.)

But when the interior of your vast continent becomes an uninhabitable incendiary dust bowl (or a glacier) please don't set sail for pastures anew in our little island. We already face drowning by predicted rising sea levels, (what was it, 50 or 100 feet, or just back down to a few inches with the latest computer wizardry?), but the extra weight of your lot landing will tip us down off the edge of the continental shelf, which is already tilting a bit as it is!

Meanwhile, I've already got my winter wet suit back out. The annual freeze has started a bit earlier. Snow in Scotland - so much for the children of today never having the 'pleasure' of knowing what snow is! (One of the dafter predictions.)
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The Pentagon on Monday released a report asserting decisively that climate change poses an immediate threat to national security, with increased risks from terrorism, infectious disease, global poverty and food shortages. It also predicted rising demand for military disaster responses as extreme weather creates more global humanitarian crises.

The report lays out a road map to show how the military will adapt to rising sea levels, more violent storms and widespread droughts. The Defense Department will begin by integrating plans for climate change risks across all of its operations, from war games and strategic military planning situations to a rethinking of the movement of supplies.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, speaking Monday at a meeting of defense ministers in Peru, highlighted the report’s findings and the global security threats of climate change.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/14/us/pentagon-says-global-warming-presents-immediate-security-threat.html?_r=2
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that mac, I was going to just to show how completely ridiculous this has all become.
Global warming is at our doorstep and will be invading very soon!!!!!

ISIS? Who's that?
Ebola? What's that?

Actually there is a school of thought out there that is assuming this is only a rouse to train how to move 100's of 1000's of people very quickly in case of a serious Ebola outbreak, and nothing to do with Global Warming.

That would make more sense.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scare myself. One death from Ebola. None in this country from ISIS. But I guess you enjoy dismissing the military when they don't agree with your faith-based biases. Play on.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep screaming about Ebola:

Quote:
Chalk up another monthly temperature record: This was the warmest September globally in 134 years of data, new NASA numbers indicate. The average temperature on Earth was 58.6 degrees F (14.77 C) — surpassing the 2005 mark and 1.39 degrees F (0.77 C) above the 1951-1980 average for September, according to NASA’s monthly Global Land-Ocean Temperature Index. That follows a record month in August, according to NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center. Weather.com noted that 2014 has the potential to be the world’s hottest on record.

But in the U.S., this was only the 26th warmest September in 120 years of record keeping, the data center reported, with an average temperature of 66.2 degrees F, 1.3 F above average. There were some hot spots: California had its warmest January-September period ever; Hilo, Hawaii, hit 93 degrees F to break a monthly record that had stood since 1951; and Cold Bay, Alaska, had its warmest September ever. But a Sept. 10-11 storm set records for earliest snowfall in some spots in the Rockies and Dakotas.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooooo, you are saying that Global Warming is going to hit us at such an alarming rapid pace, so we will need the military to keep things calm and under control?

Seriously?
I think I might puke from laughing so hard!

And you cry "I scare myself",,,,,,,,,,,,, please, I'm dying here from your logic, help me!!!!!!!

You need help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 347, 348, 349 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 348 of 573

Jump to: